GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Many think he may be the serial rapist that has been targeting young women around Austin over the last few months. He had a bandana and that was what the serial rapist used to cover his face. Still waiting to find out more info.

Many think he may be the serial rapist that has been targeting young women around Austin over the last few months. He had a bandana and that was what the serial rapist used to cover his face. Still waiting to find out more info.

What a relief if they were able to solve that nightmare.

Wonder whose ( woman's) bike the suspect was riding in the first place?
While reviewing surveillance video along that route, investigators saw a male ride up on a women's bicycle about 9:20 p.m. April 3 and try to open the doors of a van parked in the area. He left then returned to the van 8 minutes later.

At the same time, a female looking at her cellphone could be seen walking toward the alumni center, the affidavit says. The document continues:

"As the figure passed the suspect and continues toward the bridge, the suspect watched her, puts the kickstand down on the bike, reaches into the back of his pants with his left hand and pulled out what appeared to be a shiny rigid object. The suspect then followed the female across the bridge and onto the sidewalk that extends behind the Alumni Center and runs along the west bank of Waller Creek."
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...disappearance-homeless-texarkana-teens-arrest

<BBM>

Four women attacked, sexually assaulted in North Austin
http://kxan.com/2016/01/28/similar-sexual-assault-cases-reported-in-north-austin/

Authorities say the suspect attacked the women from behind, forced them to the ground and either attempted to or sexually assaulted the victims. The suspect covered his face to prevent the victims from being able to see him. Police do not know if he is armed or if there is more than one suspect.

The attacker is described by Austin police as a White or Hispanic male, around 5&#8217;9&#8243; and of average build. They say he is an English speaker.

I tend to agree the motivation was robbery after knowing he tried to get into a van. I think he still could have used a knife or weapon to rob her. He probably threatened her, she fought back, and that enraged him so I think he beat her. I do think this could be his first time and I don't think he necessarily sexually assaulted her. I don't know, something about this tells me this was something that just got out of hand. No less tragic either way. [emoji853]

<BBM>

http://kxan.com/2016/01/28/similar-sexual-assault-cases-reported-in-north-austin/

Authorities say the suspect attacked the women from behind, forced them to the ground and either attempted to or sexually assaulted the victims. The suspect covered his face to prevent the victims from being able to see him. Police do not know if he is armed or if there is more than one suspect.

The attacker is described by Austin police as a White or Hispanic male, around 5’9&#8243; and of average build. They say he is an English speaker.

Damn! This is not him (Criner) then..... damn, damn, damn! Public still needs to be AWARE!

Thanks Foxfire! &#9829; Firemen &#9829;

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
<BBM>

http://kxan.com/2016/01/28/similar-s...-north-austin/

The attacker is described by Austin police as a White or Hispanic male, around 5&#8217;9&#8243; and of average build. They say he is an English speaker.

Damn! This is not him (Criner) then..... damn, damn, damn! Public still needs to be AWARE!

Thanks Foxfire! &#9829; Firemen &#9829;

Left this disclaimer out of the article post Boots; Austin police say they are investigating four sexual assault cases in North Austin, but they can&#8217;t say if all the cases involve the same suspect(s).

Left this disclaimer out of the article post Boots; Austin police say they are investigating four sexual assault cases in North Austin, but they can&#8217;t say if all the cases involve the same suspect(s).

I just watched the video at the link. It only shows the suspect for a few seconds and it looks like it could be Criner. He's a big guy running with a black jacket with a hood on it. It is broad daylight. Very bold criminal... or a very stupid criminal.

In the earlier video, it initially appears as if the individual is wearing a white or pink bandana. If you zoom in and enhance the image, after closer analysis, it looks like he has some sort of white material wrapped around his neck, and the material appears to have red streaks on it. However, this video was purportedly taken just moments prior to the occurrence of the attack. It does not make sense to me.

However he did it, two hours seems like a long time. And then when we do see him on camera, he isn't in any hurry. Maybe his injuries were painful enough or bloody enough that he needed time to recover a bit before moving on?

jmo

It sure wouldn't take that much time just to rob her of her backpack or even to murder a tiny young woman. I still say his main motivation was to rape her and he took the backpack afterwards. I believe that is why LE says they expect to file further charges in the case.

No telling what he did to her during those two hours. Shudder.

The shiny object that he had I believe is going to be a sharp knife. He was planning on attacking her all along when he saw her imo.

It's interesting there is extra security on campus. LE should be focusing on the area AROUND campus. McDonald's on Martin Luther King Blvd is a "hang out" for the homeless and vagrants. The churches and businesses around campus have bars on their windows and fences around them. Sure isn't because of the students.

The description per the arresting affidavit for Meechaiel Criner:

"As investigators continued the investigation, UTPD detectives began to look at surveillance video along the route that Weiser usually took from Winship Hall to her dorm near 21st Street. While reviewing the surveillance video from the College of Liberal Arts building, they observed a suspicious black male ride up on a red or pink women's bicycle attempting to open the doors of a van parked in the bay area. The black male was dressed in a black jacket (possibly a motorcycle type jacket with shoulder pads and white strips on the sleeves, orange shirt under jacket, grey pants (possibly sweat pants), red or orange athletic shoes with light colored stripe or design on the sides and a large backpack on his back. The suspect appeared to be around 6'0 feet tall, wore glasses and looked as if he were a student."

https://www.scribd.com/doc/307472020/Meechaiel-Criner-arrest-affidavit

The Travis County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office has determined Haruka&#8217;s cause of death, but authorities are not releasing it due to the ongoing investigation. However, Chief Gay did say Haruka was assaulted.

http://wivb.com/2016/04/07/ut-homicide-victim-identified-as-haruka-weiser-suspect-video-released/

Wonder if the suspect or any other creep has been hanging around that spot?
While the victim was found in the Waller Creek area near the Alumni Center, campus officials say no attacks have been reported in that area prior to Haruka&#8217;s death. &#8220;But, that&#8217;s a pathway through the creek thats dark&#8230; we are asking students to tell us about anything suspicious,&#8221; said UT Campus and Security Director Bob Harkins.

I have a question for someone familiar with the area. From photos it looks like the path is above and that the creek goes under or below. I'm curious if this is accurate. If she was attacked on the path, whatever happened would have had to take place off the path as no blood was obviously seen on Monday by students who traveled the path. Can you force someone off the path easily? Or is there a railing and stairs that would need to be taken to the area below?

N
It sure wouldn't take that much time just to rob her of her backpack or even to murder a tiny young woman. I still say his main motivation was to rape her and he took the backpack afterwards. I believe that is why LE says they expect to file further charges in the case.

No telling what he did to her during those two hours. Shudder.

The shiny object that he had I believe is going to be a sharp knife. He was planning on attacking her all along when he saw her imo.

The articles say he was "not seen again" for two hours. I don't think that necessarily means he was in the creek area with her for two hours. He may have left through an area without cameras and wasn't seen on a camera until two hours later. He could have travelled through the creek bed to a spot further down to get farther away from the scene before returning to his bike through an alternate route. The use of the words "not seen again" is kind of vague because it doesn't say where he was seen at the end of those two hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back