TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if you look up "the state of texas" or even just "state of texas" as party name... there are multiple versions with different addresses. All the other random ones I saw all had texas locations but some just all zeros for zip code, or a po box as the address with no other info, at least 2 different physical addresses I didnt bother to look up. Its like whatever system they use is requiring some data rather than leaving it blank. Maybe autotomatically fills it in based on other parameters? *shrug*
Long story short- not a mystery worth pursuing thankfully.
Btw @Dave F. Nice sleuthing. You are now one of my fave posters.. ha ha

Last edited:
No, it's not the officer (who couldn't live in Indiana, anyway, and sure wouldn't have her race, height and weight listed) . Above the screen cap it says "Party". I think it said State of Texas (not sure now) and then went on to give that female description and address. I can't make any sense of it!

it is weird.... maybe left in the form from a prior citation and not erased/updated?

Also if you look up "the state of texas" or even just "state of texas" as party name... there are multiple versions with different addresses. All the other random ones I saw all had texas locations but some just all zeros for zip code, or a po box as the address with no other info, at least 2 different physical addresses I didnt bother to look up. Its like whatever system they use is requiring some data rather than leaving it blank. Maybe autotomatically fills it in based on other parameters? *shrug*

Long story short- not a mystery worth pursuing thankfully

My guess is that what you found is an ongoing input problem, altogether different than the programming glitch. The search function works the same for either plaintiff or defendant, and cues off of the format "Jones, William Aloysius". That format requires "Texas, State of". When you searched for "State of Texas" you got thousands of hits, but when I just searched for the proper "Texas, State of" I got only one hit. The people who are entering the data into the website aren't doing it the way the website was designed to function. I agree that it's a weird website. Glad I live in Montana, where our version of a nuisance traffic cameras is tourists in Yellowstone Park stopping and jumping out to get a picture of a bear, and our version of a toll road is asking a guy standing on a street corner for directions to Two Dot, and him expecting a tip because he actually knows where it is. IMO

Last edited:
I have only a guess.
First, I suspect that if the programmer for the small courts website knew what caused this glitch, it would have been fixed. Second, I believe that when the courts system switched to the program in use now, some active files were imported from the previous system. By perhaps a single erroneous key stroke, someone's forwarding address in Fort Wayne, Indiana was imported into the Plaintiff address system, for the State of Texas.

[modsnip: snipped screenshot and info related to a court record which has nothing to do with this case]

Alright, Dave! I knew you'd figure this out. Well done!

Now I can move on with my life, lol. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of the rear cargo area of an SUV referred to as a trunk but I guess you could call it that.

I agree that Heidi was found in the trunk of the Nissan and not the SUV. JMO

I've been driving a SUV since I started driving and it's always been "cargo space" or cargo area for me.

Never even considered HB remains were inside [CG's] black SUV.

So they arrested MF on her traffic violations, according to this reporter. She must have had warrants, and they must have waited until they got inside the house to arrest her on that/those warrant(s).

Does anyone know how long LE was there until search warrants were approved?

If I remember correctly -- the 7 traffic citations were from early 2018 and if MF ignored her choices of paying the fines, or contested the citations and then failed to show up on the hearing date, then the court would have set a warrant for her arrest-- enforceable the next time she was pulled over, or if a police officer saw her and ran her tags through their computer system.

Little doubt in my mind that this is what happened with MF very soon after LE arrived at the Bo Jack Dr residence.

This had to be of some relief for investigators to know that independent of the murder and kidnapping investigation, MF could be detained until they were good and ready to deliver her to jail on the unrelated traffic charges.

As for search warrants to enter MF's home and search the vehicle, I believe those were wrapped that up in about 3 hours. I think LE arrived at Bo Jacks Dr around 8 pm and entered the residence around 11 pm.

Also, MF appeared in court within hours of arriving Harris County jail and plead guilty to all 7 traffic violations -- the least of her problems.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly -- the 7 traffic citations were from early 2018 and if MF ignored her choices of paying the fines, or contested the citations and then failed to show up on the hearing date, then the court would have set a warrant for her arrest-- enforceable the next time she was pulled over, or if a police officer saw her and ran her tags through their computer system.

Little doubt in my mind that this is what happened with MF very soon after LE arrived at the Bo Jack Dr residence.

This had to be of some relief for investigators to know that independent of the murder and kidnapping investigation, MF could be detained until they were good and ready to deliver her to jail on the unrelated traffic charges.

As for search warrants to enter MF's home and search the vehicle, I believe those were wrapped that up in about 3 hours. I think LE arrived at Bo Jacks Dr around 8 pm and entered the residence around 11 pm.

Also, MF appeared in court within hours of arriving Harris County jail and plead guilty to all 7 traffic violations -- the least of her problems.
Forgive me if I'm confused (this case does that to me) but who was sitting on the covered porch with MF in daylight hours if not LE? Was it not dark in TX at 8 pm on the 19th?

eta: maybe it's not the case , just the reporting :)

I admit I’m very behind and am trying to get caught up. Am I correct that no one has yet been named as the suspect in Heidi’s actual murder? I’m confused by the part of this article that I have bolded. The article mentions MF’s charges, but also mentions Heidi’s death. So, (to me), it is unclear what is meant by “same crimes”.

Is there a second unnamed suspect in custody for a charge of murder?

Fieramusca, 33, is charged with two counts of kidnapping and one count of tampering with a corpse. Although authorities have not publicly named her as a suspect in Broussard's death, Austin police have said they have a suspect who has been charged with the same crimes.

Austin American-Statesman

I admit I’m very behind and am trying to get caught up. Am I correct that no one has yet been named as the suspect in Heidi’s actual murder? I’m confused by the part of this article that I have bolded. The article mentions MF’s charges, but also mentions Heidi’s death. So, (to me), it is unclear what is meant by “same crimes”.

Is there a second unnamed suspect in custody for a charge of murder?

Fieramusca, 33, is charged with two counts of kidnapping and one count of tampering with a corpse. Although authorities have not publicly named her as a suspect in Broussard's death, Austin police have said they have a suspect who has been charged with the same crimes.

Austin American-Statesman
They seem to be skipping around the issue, likely because of the sealing order the judge put on this case.. I believe it is saying Fieramusca is charged with those 3 things; police have not named Fieramusca as a suspect in the murder of HB; however, apparently Austin police have said they HAVE a suspect who has been charged with the same crimes (as Fieramusca) - meaning... Fieramusca is the suspect but they are not naming her for the murder. imo.

So two weeks now, correct?? I'm getting concerned that there hasn't been a murder charge laid yet.

All of the following has been in MSM: Fieramusca's vehicle was said to have been in the area where HB lived on that morning that HB disappeared; police have video showing HB leaving willingly and getting into a vehicle at HB's residence (not sure if it has said specifically that it was for sure to have been Fieramusca's vehicle that HB got into?); police found HB's body inside Fieramusca's vehicle 7 days later, which was parked out back of the home Fieramusca resided in; police found Baby Margo inside Fieramusca's home; although Fieramusca insisted that baby was her own baby, police have since proven via DNA that the baby found is in fact Margo, and no other babies have been found. That sure seems like a heckuvalotta circumstantial evidence already. Circumstantial evidence is just as valid as 'direct' evidence. What is the holdup?? imo.

Is it possible that ... stay with me here because I don't know the appropriate language to use here.. I'm in Canada and I believe we have something where a person who is believed to be 'out of their mind' (for lack of a better word right now) goes for psych testing first before charges are laid, because charges will not stand up if the person is not 'sane' (for lack of a better word right now) enough to stand trial. Could something like this be the reason why Fieramusca's court date got moved to a month away and also why she has not yet been charged with 'murder'?

They seem to be skipping around the issue, likely because of the sealing order the judge put on this case.. I believe it is saying Fieramusca is charged with those 3 things; police have not named Fieramusca as a suspect in the murder of HB; however, apparently Austin police have said they HAVE a suspect who has been charged with the same crimes (as Fieramusca) - meaning... Fieramusca is the suspect but they are not naming her for the murder. imo.

Thank you @deugirtni, much appreciated. There is a lot to pack in on this confusing case!

So two weeks now, correct?? I'm getting concerned that there hasn't been a murder charge laid yet.

All of the following has been in MSM: Fieramusca's vehicle was said to have been in the area where HB lived on that morning that HB disappeared; police have video showing HB leaving willingly and getting into a vehicle at HB's residence (not sure if it has said specifically that it was for sure to have been Fieramusca's vehicle that HB got into?); police found HB's body inside Fieramusca's vehicle 7 days later, which was parked out back of the home Fieramusca resided in; police found Baby Margo inside Fieramusca's home; although Fieramusca insisted that baby was her own baby, police have since proven via DNA that the baby found is in fact Margo, and no other babies have been found. That sure seems like a heckuvalotta circumstantial evidence already. Circumstantial evidence is just as valid as 'direct' evidence. What is the holdup?? imo.

Is it possible that ... stay with me here because I don't know the appropriate language to use here.. I'm in Canada and I believe we have something where a person who is believed to be 'out of their mind' (for lack of a better word right now) goes for psych testing first before charges are laid, because charges will not stand up if the person is not 'sane' (for lack of a better word right now) enough to stand trial. Could something like this be the reason why Fieramusca's court date got moved to a month away and also why she has not yet been charged with 'murder'?

I really doubt she will get off on insanity, even though what she did was insane! We will know more by mid January hopefully.

"Court documents in the case, including an arrest affidavit that will reveal what authorities learned in their investigation, are sealed and won't become public until mid-January at the earliest.

Law enforcement sources said they suspect that Fieramusca, whom Broussard once called her best friend on social media, had plotted for months to steal Broussard's baby, going as far as to fake her own pregnancy to run alongside Fieramusca's pregnancy and creating her own online baby registry.

Broussard's daughter, Margot, who was born in late November, was found unharmed at a Northwest Houston-area home owned by Fieramusca's boyfriend. The vehicle in which Broussard was found was parked outside the home.

Edited to bold.

Her cause of death was homicide by strangulation with a ligature, according to authorities."

Taken from....Austin American-Statesman

Last edited:
Could something like this be the reason why Fieramusca's court date got moved to a month away and also why she has not yet been charged with 'murder'?

Moo is MF will have many psych’ evaluations over the course of the next few weeks. Iirc the January court date was tentative, considered a placeholder. My guess is MF’s attorney needs all the time she can get to prepare MF for what seems to me a defenseless case. Frankly, I doubt MF will even appear for the February date. Moo

Last edited:
I really doubt she will get off on insanity, even though what she did was insane! We will know more by mid January hopefully.

"Court documents in the case, including an arrest affidavit that will reveal what authorities learned in their investigation, are sealed and won't become public until mid-January at the earliest.

Law enforcement sources said they suspect that Fieramusca, whom Broussard once called her best friend on social media, had plotted for months to steal Broussard's baby, going as far as to fake her own pregnancy to run alongside Fieramusca's pregnancy and creating her own online baby registry.

Broussard's daughter, Margot, who was born in late November, was found unharmed at a Northwest Houston-area home owned by Fieramusca's boyfriend. The vehicle in which Broussard was found was parked outside the home.

Edited to bold.

Her cause of death was homicide by strangulation with a ligature, according to authorities."

Taken from....Austin American-Statesman
I'm not suggesting she will or would 'get off' on the charges, I'm wondering if it is possible that she has been sent to a psych hospital for testing to see if she is mentally competent to stand trial.. likely on the demands of her lawyer, and police could possibly be postponing the laying of the murder charge until the findings come back. Considering that this seems to have been a well planned out event, I doubt if MF would be able to claim 'insanity' (for lack of a better word right now), but her legal reps may be scratching the bottom of the barrel to try every avenue in their client's defense?

What other reasons could there possibly be for the delay in laying murder charges under these circumstances?

I'm not suggesting she will or would 'get off' on the charges, I'm wondering if it is possible that she has been sent to a psych hospital for testing to see if she is mentally competent to stand trial.. likely on the demands of her lawyer, and police could possibly be postponing the laying of the murder charge until the findings come back.
. I think it very possible she’s been moved to a facility of some type for in-patient evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025