TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this guy thought the baby was his. And MF wanted a baby and needed someone new to support her.

Maybe she played both of them, telling wannabe baby daddy that they were going to Austin to rescue Heidi and the baby, and when he found out what was really going on bailed ASAP.

This theory may have some legs IMO.

Lets suppose an unknown person that was close friends with MF was the person driving the car and lets suppose all he/she knew was that MF said that they were going to "rescue" HB and the baby from CG.

MF may have told this unknown person all kinds of lies about how HB wanted to get out of there and take her baby to safety. This theory sure would explain how the witness saw the car driving away quickly after they picked up HB and baby.

This other person may have not had a clue what MF's real plans were. Maybe at wherever location they ended up going, then maybe MF went balistic on HB to the horror of this other person. He/She may have been as shocked as HB was. And he/she may have asked to be brought home as soon as he/she saw what MF did to HB.

The only thing with that theory that doesnt make sense is why this other person would not come forward to LE by now if he/she was truly unaware of MF's plans. He/She would be innocent if he/she had no idea, so you would think he/she would come forward by now if something like this happened.

Unless they feel too afraid they would be blamed too for the plan. MF could surely blame them for being involved and maybe LE would buy her story and blame him/her too for their part in this.

Last edited:
This is why I wonder if she was in the apartment when HB got home using the key she was given.

I absolutely get all that but what if MF was in the house, confronted HB, threatened her and made her get in the car?

The witness said that the 2 women 'greeted' each other, so I'm not sure that they saw each other that day before they met at the car. I can't come up with a scenario that MF was in the apartment, makes Heidi and the baby go to the car and they 'greet' each other at the car.

JMO but the witness saying they greeted each other, to me this means they gave each other a hug, maybe a half hug, even a wave. Any of those would indicate to me this is the first time they are seeing each other that morning.

No they didn't. If you read the AA, he was running an errand for MF and LE followed him to Target and spoke with him when he left target. That was the first time LE had any interaction with CG.

thanks, because I never heard he was tricked, only that LE followed him, leading to questioning him, etc. I thought I was losing my mind, lol.

The witness said that the 2 women 'greeted' each other, so I'm not sure that they saw each other that day before they met at the car. I can't come up with a scenario that MF was in the apartment, makes Heidi and the baby go to the car and they 'greet' each other at the car.

JMO but the witness saying they greeted each other, to me this means they gave each other a hug, maybe a half hug, even a wave. Any of those would indicate to me this is the first time they are seeing each other that morning.

Yeah, I think the eyewitness account clearly rules out Heidi being "forced" to go down to MF's car from the apartment.

And, there are only two scenarios I can imagine (which would not necessarily conflict with the facts and eyewitness account outlined in Arrest Affidavit) that would allow for the possibility that MF was in Heidi's apartment the morning of 12/12 :

1. MF entered the apartment before Heidi returned from the school book fair and left a note telling Heidi to meet her at the designated spot in the parking lot (because she had a surprise for her in the car, or something like that). That would explain how Heidi knew to go down there without it being in the phone/text records. However, it seems implausible because it would require MF to go back into the apartment and retrieve the note before Shane got home.

2. MF was waiting in the apartment when Heidi got home, visited with her and Margo, intentionally left something in the apartment, then called/texted Heidi and asked her to bring the item to the designated spot in the parking lot. However, that too seems implausible because Heidi would have likely just handed MF the item instead of getting into MF's car and the phone/text request would have shown up in Heidi's phone records.

It seems most likely, to me, that during MF and Heidi's confirmed conversation earlier in the morning, MF told Heidi to meet her at the designated spot in the parking lot at 9 a.m. using some pretense.

I am having a hard time with the theory that HB got into MF's car under duress. My guess is MF somehow played on HBs sympathy till it was too late. I believe (JMO!!) that HB climbed in still trusting and from there things went haywire. I can imagine "Hey Heidi I'm here - in the parking lot. Something has gone terribly wrong. I need you! Can you come down for a minute? "
HB was in the office for her mail and planning to circle back for purse, etc. It was all very natural. "Wanna climb in while I tell you about it? "
Seems like the witness would have noted any type of struggle. All just supposition!! I'm very prepared to be incorrect on several counts when/ if the truth comes out.
ETA: if indeed the last confirmed contact was earlier in the morning, then she didn't call from the parking lot, rather possibly set a time to meet. Sorry. I was unclear on that and should have checked.

Thanks for that. I've been off the grid and just catching up. Who was driving the car - has there been anyone else named? TIA

No one has been named and we don't know if there was anyone but MF in the car.

We just know, according to the eyewitness account, that MF had been sitting in the front passenger seat, before Heidi approached the car. Heidi then greeted MF and got into the back passenger seat with Margo.

It's possible MF simply then went around to the front driver seat and drove off in a matter of seconds.

But after the police fooled him into buying baby food from a nearby target and showed him a picture of Margot and Heidi, he identified her as the child in his house – to the police: “That’s the baby at my place ‘.
WOA. Why would police have to trick him into going and buying Baby Food? Also has his whereabouts been verified? During the time he was out of town on business?
MOO

Nobody "fooled" CG into to going to Target to buy anything. They were under surveillance and when CW went to Target it presented the opportunity for investigators to approach him, away from MF.

This is why I wonder if she was in the apartment when HB got home using the key she was given.

I absolutely get all that but what if MF was in the house, confronted HB, threatened her and made her get in the car?

But that is not supported by the only witness statement we've been shown. Had that happened, MF would not have been sitting in the car with Heidi emerging from the back of her building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member