TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oviedo created the media thread on Dec. 14. The link to it is generally included in post #1 of each thread, however, in this case it's in post #2.

The arrest warrant is posted on page 15:

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION

On that link at the very top of Post #291, it has the PDF version I like to use. That format is nice.

Thanks Pommy for all your help with this and other cases.

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION

It seems most likely, to me, that during MF and Heidi's confirmed conversation earlier in the morning, MF told Heidi to meet her at the designated spot in the parking lot at 9 a.m. using some pretense.
^^sbbm

I was hoping to confirm HB's contacts on 12/12/19 in the court docs released when I noticed the only record we have about HB's contact with MF comes from MF herself. There's no confirmation of HB's calls/texts, etc. in the documents released thus far.

Reportedly, MF told Tim M that police told her she was the last person to have contact with HB before she was reported missing (statement not confirmed by LE). MF told Tim and others that her last contact with HB was about difficulty one or the other was having breastfeeding. It's also not known if this communication was by text or by phone.

ETA: Waiting to read the confirmed time(s) and length of any communication between MF and HB on 12/12!

Last edited:
I think it just shows she had the means to have tampered with evidence in the apartment/Heidi's car and that she possibly had a back up plan to carry this out if Heidi did not walk to the car with Margo.

I think so too. If she had not caught up with HB in the parking lot I fear SC would have found HB dead in the apartment & Baby M missing. I think they would have nabbed MF much sooner though. Moo

JMO
Im starting to warm up to the theory that MF may have been the only person driving and did this all on her own.

The problem we have with the Affidavit statements is it only says "both doors closed, and the vehicle drove away".

Been thinking of one possibility where it could have been MF the whole time. Lets suppose MF was wanting HB to get in the front passenger seat so MF decided to sit in the front passenger seat to wait for her so that as soon as she saw her she would get out of that door and offer that seat to her.

But HB may have suggested the back seat to make it easier for her and the baby and MF agrees. Then maybe the part the witness didnt see is where MF gets in the drivers door and just reaches over to pull the front passenger door shut. The witness may have only seen both doors closing and car pulling away.

That scenario is about the only way I can think of where everything still makes sense and MF may have been the driver afterall.

Occam's Razor would say there is another driver based on those affidavit statements but maybe it was simply the above scenario. Hmmmmmm
That has been my ONLY theory, but it falls on deaf ears. Because MF didn't want to be a parent before, and with all the research she did for her plan, she probably didn't realize that in this day and age, a parent will sit with their baby in the back seat often. That is why I thought she was in passenger side.
It's puzzling to me personally why sleuthers will go with a theory of someone else driving - yet not question that "vehicle drove away"....(unless it's a Tesla a vehicle can't just 'drive away' LOL). There has never been any inference from LE that another person was in the driver's seat.

How does one easily get to this media thread from the "found" thread?

Like Pommy was mentioning, usually......on any case that has an additional Media Thread, you can usually go to the very 1st page of the Case Thread where it shows all the past thread numbers/links and it is usually on that first page.

For this case, I do see a link to this case's Media Thread on Page 1 (Post #2) of this case thread underneath the list of Previous threads (under where it lists Thread #10).

Yeah, I think the eyewitness account clearly rules out Heidi being "forced" to go down to MF's car from the apartment.

And, there are only two scenarios I can imagine (which would not necessarily conflict with the facts and eyewitness account outlined in Arrest Affidavit) that would allow for the possibility that MF was in Heidi's apartment the morning of 12/12 :

1. MF entered the apartment before Heidi returned from the school book fair and left a note telling Heidi to meet her at the designated spot in the parking lot (because she had a surprise for her in the car, or something like that). That would explain how Heidi knew to go down there without it being in the phone/text records. However, it seems implausible because it would require MF to go back into the apartment and retrieve the note before Shane got home.

2. MF was waiting in the apartment when Heidi got home, visited with her and Margo, intentionally left something in the apartment, then called/texted Heidi and asked her to bring the item to the designated spot in the parking lot. However, that too seems implausible because Heidi would have likely just handed MF the item instead of getting into MF's car and the phone/text request would have shown up in Heidi's phone records.

It seems most likely, to me, that during MF and Heidi's confirmed conversation earlier in the morning, MF told Heidi to meet her at the designated spot in the parking lot at 9 a.m. using some pretense.
I know this is convoluted, but could there have been two accomplices and the woman seen carrying the baby to the car wasn’t Heidi at all because she had already been killed. The witness said she is 60-70% sure MF was the person who greeted “heidi” at the car . What if it was someone who resembled MF and MF herself was carrying the baby to the car. A third, strong person brought Heidi to the car already in the duffle bag while the driver parked very close to the door before the neighbor witnessed “Heidi’s” stroll across the parking lot. A stroll deliberately made so it would be witnessed and look like Heidi left willingly with the baby.

I know! It’s far-fetched. But this whole crime defies logic.

Imagine what we would have thought at the beginning of this case if someone hypothesized a good friend of Heidi’s had faked an entire pregnancy, somehow persuaded Heidi to come down to the parking lot and get into the car w/the baby (but no purse or car seat), strangled Heidi at some point and left her decomposing body in the trunk of the car the for a week while she passed the baby off as her own. We probably would have dismissed it immediately.

Last edited:
How does one easily get to this media thread from the "found" thread?
you don't haha The easiest way to get to is to look on the first page of one of the discussion threads.

I think it's in the Missing! Timeline Forum nad Media Links forum, within the Missing Persons Discussion Forum.... at least that's where it shows up for me! Whenever I need to go to it, I just go to the first page of the current discussion thread.

That has been my ONLY theory, but it falls on deaf ears. Because MF didn't want to be a parent before, and with all the research she did for her plan, she probably didn't realize that in this day and age, a parent will sit with their baby in the back seat often. That is why I thought she was in passenger side.
It's puzzling to me personally why sleuthers will go with a theory of someone else driving - yet not question that "vehicle drove away"....(unless it's a Tesla a vehicle can't just 'drive away' LOL). There has never been any inference from LE that another person was in the driver's seat.

I am kind of leaning that way now too because there is nothing so far to support another driver from what I have seen.

Ive had to reach over and pull my passenger door shut many times and its not all that difficult. Just have to lean way over.

I still want to know why she was selling a crib 11 months ago. So much of the pattern of baby abductors makes more sense if she lost a baby around that time. With not much time between that and the "conception" of Luna - 4 months or so.

It's likely she did have a reason though... Is it possible she was involved in some criminal activity for which she needed to use either Heidi as alibi or co-conspirator and Heidi wasn't having any more of it.
Did she actually intend keeping Heidi's baby or had she a plan to sell her to the highest bidder?
Was she in deep debt due to a prolonged and out of control problem with an addiction of some description and owed or needed a lot of money fast?
Did she expect, at some level that Heidi would go along with her plan?
Why did she kill Heidi?
2 yrs beforehand she was absolutely adamant that she didn't want children.
I'm one of those women that never desired children, it never changed in the course of my life. It just wasn't in me and I never pushed it apart from wondering vaguely if this was really a good idea or decision, I figured it was right for me.
The longer this goes on the more certain I feel the sense that she had a whole other agenda, one that Shane would never have been allowed to know, possibly because it was illegal?
But if she never planned on keeping the baby why fake a pregnancy and tell people she had given birth herself?

I am kind of leaning that way now too because there is nothing so far to support another driver from what I have seen.

Ive had to reach over and pull my passenger door shut many times and its not all that difficult. Just have to lean way over.
I don't think MF was sitting on the passenger side with the door closed, she probably had it open and her feet out. She probably shut the door when HB & Margo came out. (I think the AA says they greeted each other warmly.). Once HB & Margo were in the back seat, it LITERALLY takes maybe 3 or 4 seconds to walk round the back or front of the car and get back in the drivers side for MF. I've done that soooo many times in my life on my own vehicle, and literally takes seconds. (disclaimer: I've done it but never abducted someone and killed them :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member