TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being a little facetious , in that it makes me go 'bonkers' at this stage on speculation there was another driver, when no where has LE even hinted at that being the case. So in essence, I'm always amused at what tiny detail can get debated ad nauseum, while another doesn't. (sorry end of the day here and after going through pages and pages of people assuming CG was "fooled into purchasing baby food" and other's who actually listened to the LE press conference and read the AA - I start getting amused ;) at how easily we sleuthers can fill pages and pages on something in just trying to clarifying someone else's comment LOL. ) :D sometimes we are our own worst 'enemies' and I include myself on that too :)

Iirc MQ energized the third person theory during his interview. Moo as I no longer have his interview saved.

"Abdee S." is also identified on linkedin as the General Manager of the venue where MF said she was a wedding planner. What a psy*** She used her bosses name for some crappy yelp review. SMH.

Is that venue a real business or did MF steal the Indonesian Abdee S and occupation as a persona for herself? It seems super sketchy that she used that name on welp and that that person just happens to exist and is a wedding planner.

I still want to know why she was selling a crib 11 months ago. So much of the pattern of baby abductors makes more sense if she lost a baby around that time. With not much time between that and the "conception" of Luna - 4 months or so.

It would not be the first time that a woman used the sale of baby items to lure a pregnant woman to steal her baby. What's different here is that MF killed the mother after the baby was born versus taking the baby from the womb. Perhaps MF intended to steal a baby earlier but after finding HB was pregnant, she decided to wait for this baby.

How could a suspect destroy evidence if said suspect was already in custody? At what date/time was this motion to seal made? Was it before MF was taken into custody or after?

Right, so LE, or actually the DA, sealing the affidavit for the said reasons, indicates that they too believe or believed that there was another suspect, or it was possible. AND they have more information than us!

I am not sure of the exact timing, but the affidavit is in support of an arrest warrant, and because we know she was sitting with State Troopers in the backyard on the 19th, I'm going to say she was at least detained. It does have a stamp saying it was filed on the 20th at 8:53am at the bottom though too. The media was all over this at that time.

Attachments

• MF motion to seal 2.JPG
    MF motion to seal 2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 12
. The apartment didn’t seem to be considered a crime scene, moo.
Good point. That would have already been stated. Just wondered if she had a coffee with her, and spiked it, that sort of bloodless scenario. But then she'd have had to get her out of there, and someone probably would have seen that!

How could a suspect destroy evidence if said suspect was already in custody? At what date/time was this motion to seal made? Was it before MF was taken into custody or after?
It was before, while they were still searching for them.
mf-motion-to-seal-jpg.225080

Last edited:
Unless, the other person did the deed and after getting HB into the duffle bag MF knocked off said accomplice and left him/her nicely concealed somewhere, hence, internet search for "body found in Austin." If they don't find the body to prove MF killed the accomplice, all they have on her is the 2 x kidnapping and tampering with a corpse. For now, anyway. Naturally, all MOO!
This makes sense, actually.

I have thought this about her searches for the body found. Also might help explain why it was still in her trunk - she didn't know what to do with it. Wanted the baby desperately, but didn't intend to kill, perhaps?

Or are we giving MF too much credit? Wish we knew.

No, he was in love with Megan. Listen to his interviews. He is willing to raise the baby if it does turn out it is his. He's a good guy, it's pretty clear. He was aware of SC abuse of Heidi and it bothered him.
Alathea, hi. I was speaking of Megan’s landlord, the guy she lived with, Chris.
The baby is not his.

. The apartment didn’t seem to be considered a crime scene, moo.

I normally would think that would be enough to eliminate the apartment as a crime scene but after the Patrick Frazee case where LE first did not think anything happened in KB's condo, and then it turns out later after her Mom and other relatives found blood evidence on their own, and LE researched it, and it turned out KB was bashed with a baseball bat to kill her.....I am not as confident anymore about things like that.

MF must be very strong if she could move a 100+ pound body in and out of truck, especially a few times. I would think there'd be marks on the body if so (maybe we just don't know about it).

Forcing someone into the trunk first would be easier.

I know this is convoluted, but could there have been two accomplices and the woman seen carrying the baby to the car wasn’t Heidi at all because she had already been killed. The witness said she is 60-70% sure MF was the person who greeted “heidi” at the car .

One thing I'm not clear on from the AW: Did someone positively identify HB as the woman carrying the baby to the car's back seat? Is it at all possible she was already harmed in her apartment previously (MF had the key, after all) and that another woman took the baby into the back seat? Maybe far-fetched, but worth a discussion?
^^sbm

A good alternative but I don't think the timing works. The affidavit provides MF arriving at the apartment around 9:05 AM per surveillance video and corroborated by the second witness. Too little opportunity between time already accounted for i.e., bookfair, commute, phone call with SC.

I know this is convoluted, but could there have been two accomplices and the woman seen carrying the baby to the car wasn’t Heidi at all because she had already been killed. The witness said she is 60-70% sure MF was the person who greeted “heidi” at the car . What if it was someone who resembled MF and MF herself was carrying the baby to the car. A third, strong person brought Heidi to the car already in the duffle bag while the driver parked very close to the door before the neighbor witnessed “Heidi’s” stroll across the parking lot. A stroll deliberately made so it would be witnessed and look like Heidi left willingly with the baby.

I know! It’s far-fetched. But this whole crime defies logic.

Imagine what we would have thought at the beginning of this case if someone hypothesized a good friend of Heidi’s had faked an entire pregnancy, somehow persuaded Heidi to come down to the parking lot and get into the car w/the baby (but no purse or car seat), strangled Heidi at some point and left her decomposing body in the trunk of the car the for a week while she passed the baby off as her own. We probably would have dismissed it immediately.

I thought that exact thing several pages back. No where in the witness statement does it claim she saw HB. Only another woman and 60-70% sure the woman in the front was MF. She drove up as they were entering the vehicle. Someone could have already loaded a duffle bag before getting in the car.

I normally would think that would be enough to eliminate the apartment as a crime scene but after the Patrick Frazee case where LE first did not think anything happened in KB's condo, and then it turns out later after her Mom and other relatives found blood evidence on their own, and LE researched it, and it turned out KB was bashed with a baseball bat to kill her.....I am not as confident anymore about things like that.
Excellent point. They had to tear up floorboards, etc., before they really found anything. They didn't suspect anything happening there - for so long, before even looking.

Last edited:
I wish the AA had indicated the time that HB's phone was no longer sending/receiving because that's a significant event on the timeline. Stating it didn't ping during the 48 hour test isn't the same as the last known activity and that's a good guess as to when things went south. There are three-ish hours between the witness seeing her get in the car willingly and when SC tried to call her and was sent straight to voicemail. When in that time span something terrible happened seems like it's easily answered by the phone being disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou