TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a furniture moving company, those guys always work with a minimum of two (can't move much big,heavy stuff by yourself).

Yes, while on a job. But did he ever take trucks on his own to run work errands or anything when they weren’t on a job. I wish we had confirmation of him being at work, people accounting for him during the hours he claims he was there.

Austin police plan to give an update on their search for the pair on Tuesday – but Monday evening, KVUE learned that the FBI and Texas Rangers are joining the search.

Investigators told KVUE that they are trying to remain neutral and not jump to any conclusions. They are working the case from two possible angles: that Broussard left on her own and they need to know that she and her baby are safe; or that they are victims of foul play.

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.

So far, investigators say they haven't turned up anything that firmly indicates anything one way or another.

The entire Homicide Cold Case/Missing Persons Unit of the Austin Police Department – a total of about seven investigators – is investigating this case and as of Monday night, they have asked for and gotten help from outside law enforcement as well.
FBI, Texas Rangers join search for missing Austin mother, baby

My first impression, while watching the first interview on DM,

Also a factor to note -
The baby was 2- 3 weeks old, so the routine in that household changed dramatically since the baby was born. I can understand some difficulty recalling your routine, under stress, after 2 weeks with a new baby.

I can see the possibility that H took baby M with her back to the car especially if baby was fussy.

If the car unlocks with a keyfob, H could have been several yards away when she unlocked it. She may not have ever reached the car (if we are going with abduction theory)

If H ran back out to get her wallet - it's possible she needed the wallet for something, a credit card, medical card, etc. and it couldn't wait. Locking your own apartment when running to the car, probable if your car is not in LOS.

Unfortunately, this just isn't looking good from any angle. Four going on 5 days missing with a newborn.

If I were to consider this from the abduction angle, could it be possible that someone from Heidi’s past (an ex?) was involved? Given that both the mother and baby are missing with no signs of blood or foul play, I feel like that is more likely than some baby snatcher taking them both without a struggle. If it was someone she knew who showed up with a gun, she might have gone along hoping she could talk them down (based on past interactions). This is based on absolutely nothing, and every indication is she and SC had been a couple for a substantial amount of time, but a stranger taking them both without leaving a scene of a struggle just seems so unlikely to me.

FBI, Texas Rangers join search for missing Austin mother, baby

SABBM:
Investigators told KVUE that they are trying to remain neutral and not jump to any conclusions. They are working the case from two possible angles: that Broussard left on her own and they need to know that she and her baby are safe; or that they are victims of foul play

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.

So far, investigators say they haven't turned up anything that firmly indicates anything one way or another.

The entire Homicide Cold Case/Missing Persons Unit of the Austin Police Department – a total of about seven investigators – is investigating this case and as of Monday night, they have asked for and gotten help from outside law enforcement as well.

This part is worth watching again: 10:58 to 11:20.

11:20-11:26 is particularly interesting where he laughs when being asked about when he saw her last, and then has to stop. He's laughing and said he's distracted.

11:40 he laughs when he says "that's the last time I spoke to..." and laughs again, because he doesn't know what to call her.

Then he says he can't keep talking because "I can't be professional.. I'll have to call you back. You're making me nervous. I just wanna be natural." You can tell he's afraid of being stumped up with his story.

When the person on the phone asks "What do you want to say to Heidi? He doesn't say "I love you" or "We love you"... when asked what he would say to her (tho he says it at the very end); he gets distracted and asks others to get in contact with him.

"Drop her off on my doorstep" - bizarre
"Any support - any old friends - share, post, like..."

it’s a disturbing video, imo.

Same with the interview outside the apartment. I’m not seeing the same genuine concern others are. He wasn’t always looking at the ground. Certain times he seemed quite happy to be making eye contact.

Like when he told the interview he was always pushing her to lock doors. (What a great guy?)

Or when he mentioned old friends from high school getting in touch with him.

Moo

it’s a disturbing video, imo.

Same with the interview outside the apartment. I’m not seeing the same genuine concern others are. He wasn’t always looking at the ground. Certain times he seemed quite happy to be making eye contact.

Like when he told the interview he was always pushing her to lock doors. (What a great guy?)

Or when he mentioned old friends from high school getting in touch with him.

Moo
Agreed. Asking old friends to get in touch (and in the inside video: to "like, post...")? So odd.

I can't find the video outside the apartment - anyone have a working link to it?

Mentioning that he always told her to lock doors sounds like an obvious excuse.

Overall I didn't see any genuine concern. The only thing that made me wonder was when he said she was a great person, generous - when he said nice things about her. Then it went downhill from there.

They may ask people if they heard or saw anything but I really haven’t heard of one case of a guilty person who truly actually searched for any significant length of time.

I wouldn’t consider “sitting” out there and asking people to be searching for hours though.

A lot of time suspects will ask people stuff just to find out what they may have heard or witnessed, and what they may have told the police. Suspects join search parties hoping to mislead. So they definitely aren’t trying to actually search or gather new info. I definitely agree that he was NOT searching. Looking in dumpsters was just CYA sort of stuff - MOO. I hope those trash cans were searched right away by LE and weren’t taken to the trash place.

Okay. He works for a moving company so he's probably tired when he gets home. Maybe crashes, maybe smokes a joint or drinks a beer and then crashes. Oh, but he did say he grilled his son's lunch so we know that much. Maybe they watched TV together.
His son didnt get home until 6 pm.

That earlier story he told about grilling his son's lunch---baffles me. Is he saying he grilled his son's lunch at 6;30, then called in a missing report at 7:30pm? that would be very odd.

Agreed. Asking old friends to get in touch (and in the inside video: to "like, post...")? So odd.

I can't find the video outside the apartment - anyone have a working link to it?

Mentioning that he always told her to lock doors sounds like an obvious excuse.

Overall I didn't see any genuine concern. The only thing that made me wonder was when he said she was a great person, generous - when he said nice things about her. Then it went downhill from there.
BBM- that’s what I was thinking. To really drive home the car door was unlocked and/or make himself appear a certain way.

Although it’s not my first theory another worrisome scenario has occurred to me.

Like others I feel like the $25 on books might be important. It could have sparked a fight if money was tight, and if Heidi was experiencing some PPD (maybe unbeknownst to family and friends) this fight could have been the breaking point and she just fled. In the throws of a breakdown, maybe even psychosis, she left purse in car, took some stuff in, then grabbed baby and ran away. I’m not thinking she ran to a shelter or to hide out with a friend, but sadly to end it all.

That’s the only other scenario I can think of that explains leaving all her and Margot’s things and the son in school. I don’t know why they haven’t been found if that was the case though. Where could she have gone on foot to self harm?

It’s probably not likely, but PPD is a concern I have about this case.

Given the circumstances and the stated timeline given in the SC interview, are you suggesting that the idea that a mother of an infant would leave with NO baby gear and go to a neighbours apartment for hours at a time and that this would be something not worth checking out makes much sense?

No! I was suggesting something along the lines of a guy coming home from work, having a beer, taking a nap, smoking a joint, or any combination thereof, not being something to "come clean" about as though it's nefarious activity. I have absolutely no clue if he is responsible for their being missing and I do question some of his reactions and account. At this point it's not enough, for me, to draw any conclusions or to be accusatory (which is not allowed, anyway)..

Can't understand how he could think the she would have tossed her keys into a dumpster.
I can see them having a fight as she got home on her first time out alone... and then taking her keys and tossing them.

Then, things could have heated up from there - and gotten very bad.

He later would have wanted to get her keys back, realizing it was a dumb move to toss them in there (making him look guilty).

Okay. He works for a moving company so he's probably tired when he gets home. Maybe crashes, maybe smokes a joint or drinks a beer and then crashes. Oh, but he did say he grilled his son's lunch so we know that much. Maybe they watched TV together.
His son didnt get home until 6 pm.

That earlier story he told about grilling his son's lunch---baffles me. Is he saying he grilled his son's lunch at 6;30, then called in a missing report at 7:30pm? that would be very odd.
Really. If you aren't alarmed by any of those clues, why not just pick up the son and wait for her to come home from wherever she is with the baby? Why call the police after you pick up your son and she still isn't home? Why should you all of a sudden be concerned then? Nothing else about the situation concerned you...
Did he grill his son's day-old lunch first, and then decide to call in some help from 911? That seems a very strange order of priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange