TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So thinking more about Standard Investigative Procedure, we know that LE will be interviewing other children in the family.

This will be done delicately and may include questions like, “Have you ever seen your parents argue? Have you ever seen your dad hit your mom...”

Things like that. I think interviews with S could be revealing, moo.
Yes, absolutely necessary, yet, it's heartbreaking to think he has to go through this.

Was hoping for a presser today. :(

We may still get one, but as for now this seems to be a case of “we do not the public’s help at the moment”, moo.

ETA: I see PC planned for tomorrow.

Oh my,,,,,, I hadn’t seen that video. Even tho I’ve seen the others. WOWZA! My gut hurts from watching it and I feel so so sad.
Does anyone know if there are search parties happening?

Word is TES is out there, moo.

DEC 16, 2019
Tearful fiancé denies being involved in disappearance of his partner and their two-week-old daughter | Daily Mail Online
  • Heidi Broussard, 33, and her infant daughter Margot were last seen Thursday morning at Cowan Elementary School in Austin
  • Police have said they believe Broussard returned home with Margot sometime before her fiancé, Shane Carey, reported them missing around 7.30pm that night
  • Carey has issued multiple pleas for the pair's return in tearful TV interviews
  • In a FOX7 interview published Sunday, Carey addressed facing scrutiny over Broussard's disappearance and insisted that he hadn't done anything wrong
  • 'I try to ignore that, I don't know how to handle it. But I know it's a question. I just ignore it,' he said. 'I know it's not true. It's negative'
  • Authorities have not offered an update in the search since Friday, and it is unclear whether Carey is being treated as a person of interest
  • Carey's father Ty Carey set up a Facebook page Sunday morning to raise money for a reward and for 'expenses [incurred] during the search'
22292050-7796163-image-a-43_1576476507947.jpg
22291822-7796163-image-a-41_1576476057577.jpg
22292048-7796163-image-a-42_1576476489931.jpg

22292058-7796163-image-m-45_1576476652417.jpg
22291780-7796163-image-a-40_1576476041222.jpg

2 mins:
“Media partners,

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. Detectives are working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews.

We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margot. If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately!

We will have a media briefing at 1 p.m., Tuesday, December 17, at APD Headquarters. Please e-mail PIO if you plan on attending.

- APD PIO”
Austin Police Department

Last edited:
2 mins:
“Media partners,

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. Detectives are working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews.

We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margot. If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately!

We will have a media briefing at 1 p.m., Tuesday, December 16, at APD Headquarters. Please e-mail PIO if you plan on attending.

- APD PIO”
Austin Police Department

“We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margo”

Hmmm well that goes against what I just said above, that obviously they don’t need the public’s help at the moment. I think this is maybe standard phrasing, as there really hasn’t been a PC from LE yet, moo. Hope that makes sense.

i noticed something in the dad's interview. it's a little stupid thing, but it got my attention. it causes me to think this man sorta talks out his rear end sometimes.

in the interview, the reporter asked how he feels about people blaming him on the internet. he says he "just ignores it", but a few seconds later, he says he "hasn't seen any comments [like that]".

just like he said her purse was upstairs, but a few seconds later, he says her purse was found in the car.

How does someone "just ignore" people accusing them of such vile things? Must be pretty thick skinned.

I guess I don't understand why he didn't think to go collect the oldest child from school if her car was still at the apartment. How else would she have picked up the child? Were they within walking distance to the school? I'm still stuck on that.

Maybe he meant he found the purse in her car and took it upstairs where it currently is.
i noticed something in the dad's interview. it's a little stupid thing, but it got my attention. it causes me to think this man sorta talks out his rear end sometimes.

in the interview, the reporter asked how he feels about people blaming him on the internet. he says he "just ignores it", but a few seconds later, he says he "hasn't seen any comments [like that]".

just like he said her purse was upstairs, but a few seconds later, he says her purse was found in the car.

I guess I don't understand why he didn't think to go collect the oldest child from school if her car was still at the apartment. How else would she have picked up the child? Were they within walking distance to the school? I'm still stuck on that.
Yes, I agree. Very odd, at best. Has he given an explanation for that??

eta: school not within walking distance.

I watched the video and he looks at the phone immediately after taking it out of his pocket.

I’ll watch the video again. He said “I don’t care about the phone.” He May have glanced at it when he went to silence it or put it away or whatever. He was not jumping for his phone moo but I’ll look at it again. That was my initial impression that he did not care about the phone.

Sorry, what does TES mean? TIA

SAR
Texas EquuSearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads