TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read every post in thread 1, and 2. Thanks for all of the provided links.

I really dont have an opinion either way. Like always I'm waiting for the facts to come directly from LE.

Hopefully they will have some in tomorrow's press conference.

As an aside: Does anyone remember the case where a mother, and her child, (I believe her child was a little girl), was getting out of their vehicle to go into their home or apartment, and were attacked when the suspect saw them alone? I think it happened the first of this year or maybe last year. Anyway I cant remember if the suspect wound up killing them both or gravely injured the mother iirc. :( For some reason this case reminded me of that particular case. It also happened during the daytime hours too iirc when the victims had just come home. He may have sexually assaulted the mom or little girl. Gosh I hate it when I cant remember the specifics about a case. If anyone does remember it TIA! I don't want to discuss it at all. I just want to know which case it was.

I pray both Heidi and her precious baby are found alive, and safe!

Jmho

But why delay if good news? Wouldn’t they want to get that out ASAP? Fingers crossed.
I guess that depends how one interprets "good news" at this point. The best news would be that HB and MC are found, and safe. If this is not the case, the best news is that they've been found and there is an arrest imminent. MOO

Note TEX SAR logo in second photo... Texas Search and Rescue

Marcos Ortiz on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft

Authorities continue to investigate the bizarre circumstances of the disappearance of Heidi Broussard and his three-week-old daughter, Margot. This afternoon at 5 p.m. on your Telemundo Austin News, I'll tell you about an organization that's ready to join the investigation.
EL8TWjfXUAIHOx8.jpg
EL8TWjcWkAEtmmb.jpg

4:35 PM - 16 Dec 2019

@afitzy, maybe this is the other organization that SC's father mentioned?

Last edited:
Crappy reporters. Right there, she should have stopped him, pointed out that he contradicted himself and given him the opportunity to respond. What that tells me is she wasn't listening.
Yes!!! She must not have been paying any attention. Reporters lately never ask the most obvious questions that everyone wants to know! I’m always so frustrated.

What would call could possibly wait five minutes when your newborn infant and fiancé are missing? “Dude, I just got a call from Heidi. Call me back ASAP.”

“Hey man, this is Mike. I think I just saw Heidi in a Hertz rental car down here in Louisiana. Call me back immediately. I have notified the police.”

When your loved ones are missing desperate hope sets in. Every single call is a possibility. IMO there is no way someone Desperate to get their family back would ignore a call, at any time.

Another excellent point. When my dogs got loose, I was glued to the phone.

Crazy how we can watch the same video and it's perceived or heard in so many different ways. I hear his Dad saying 'just hand me the phone'. SC says "I don't care about the phone" as he's looking at it and silencing it.
RSABBM:

I don't know a lot of men who would silence their phones when their SO and infant daughter were missing.

And by not a lot, I mean, zero.

Interview or no interview, the men I know would have the volume turned up to 11 on their phones and even then, they'd still be checking it every 30 seconds to make sure they hadn't missed any calls.

Priorities.

JMO.

Last edited:
Bryce Newberry on Twitter
“The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. We don’t have any new information to provide at this time. Detectives are actively working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews”
2:34 PM · Dec 16, 2019 from Austin, TX·Twitter for iPhone

My two cents is that they are gearing up for an arrest. If they were not close to that I don’t think that they would refrain from public appeals, constantly discussing her, plastering their pictures everywhere, talking about how urgent the cases and how time is of the essence, etc.

But we shall see tomorrow.

I was surprised when he said their friends were behind them, right away, right when there was “no evidence”. Evidence for what? Is he thinking they are deseased? Abducted? How does he know ahe hasnt ran away? I doubt that the latter.
Timeline.....ask the book fair people when they sold those books and to who.
The boy who was in school will have a lot of valuable info if he talks. They can narrow timeline.
Moo

My two cents is that they are gearing up for an arrest. If they were not close to that I don’t think that they would refrain from public appeals, constantly discussing her, plastering their pictures everywhere, talking about how urgent the cases and how time is of the essence, etc.

But we shall see tomorrow.
Hoping you're right! MOO

If I understand correctly (might be wrong), TEQS will only carry out search if there is a substantial indication of a particular area of where a body may be.

I remember that was the case in the search for Crystal McDowell in Texas, possibly after her ex husband confessed and said she was out there in a swampy difficult area not far from his workplace (just before the Harvey hurricane hit)
They can't and won't search willy nilly with no direction and no strong possibilities the location.

That they are involved tells me there is a reasonable chance, whether through evidence or credible tip that there is a particular area that LE are focussed on. I don't think such will be revealed by LE, until the search is completed, whether successfully or not.
I hope for success.

I just happened to have on the Chris watts new criminal confessions show on oxygen a few minutes ago and that first interview Chris did..I haven’t seen in in over a year but it’s uncanny the swaying back and forth and chuckling, the similarities....it almost looked like SC was doing an impersonation of CW. freaky.

As another poster pointed out earlier, the swaying or rocking is self soothing so it's not indicative of guilt, just stress.

CW showed zero pain when interviewed. Same for Scott Peterson and Frazee said next to nothing. Susan Smith displayed faked emotions and seriously bad acting. Shane is quite obviously in pain and not acting. I can't say what his pain is about but he's not cold like ones who have been convicted of such crimes. Just my observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141