MA MA - Simone Ridinger, 17, Sherborn, 2 Sept 1977

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another thing that is curious...

When SR went missing, it sounds like there was some degree of public visibility within a reasonable period of time. If a state trooper had picked her up hitchhiking and then passed her off to a driver heading towards the Cape... doesn't it seem likely that at some point that trooper would've realized he had her in his car (or at the very least, a girl that could've been her) and, even if not immediately, would've independently called this out?

I know missing notifications and the like are miles more sophisticated today than they would've been in 1977, but it still seems like the information would've made its way around through law enforcement.
In my opinion the trooper passing off SR to the old man never happened. He said this happened near the Dedham/Westwood rest stop. That is about 75 miles away from Hyannis. Did the trooper just get lucky that he pulled over The one guy going down the Cape that morning? Did he pull over five or six others before he found the one person going down the Cape that morning? You may say that Saturday of Labor Day weekend you’re going to get more people heading towards the Cape. I would say that is true if we were further down the south shore towards Plymouth in that case your chances of pulling over someone going to the Cape are very good. But up in the Dedham Westwood area. You were still dealing with mostly local travel.

I would be interested in knowing if the elderly man had a criminal past of any kind..his son too. I felt he came into contact with Simone, just not the way he claimed too.

Maybe the elderly man was a customer at the restaurant Simone worked at. Could he have ate there that day, followed Simone out, and offered her a ride? In which this ride turned into foul play...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523
Back