TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin police plan to give an update on their search for the pair on Tuesday – but Monday evening, KVUE learned that the FBI and Texas Rangers are joining the search.

Investigators told KVUE that they are trying to remain neutral and not jump to any conclusions. They are working the case from two possible angles: that Broussard left on her own and they need to know that she and her baby are safe; or that they are victims of foul play.

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.

So far, investigators say they haven't turned up anything that firmly indicates anything one way or another.

The entire Homicide Cold Case/Missing Persons Unit of the Austin Police Department – a total of about seven investigators – is investigating this case and as of Monday night, they have asked for and gotten help from outside law enforcement as well.
FBI, Texas Rangers join search for missing Austin mother, baby

The “left on her own” theory is a garbage theory IMO. Her sm indicates that her kiddos are her whole life, why would she have left her little boy? Why wouldn’t she have packed up that morning and left and taken him with her? She’s his mother and could have easily called him out of school and SC would have been none the wiser for 10+ hours (more than enough time to get far far away). Also I don’t see her voluntarily hopping in a different vehicle and leaving without a car seat for the baby?

I don’t know, this feels very decoy theory to me and pretty unbelievable. MOO.

Another thought on ppd/ wandering off to harm oneself. Would they not have found her by now? She doesn’t appear to live in a super rural area, how far would she have gotten on foot with a baby if her plan was to cause them harm?

I’m really leaning in the direction of foul play, as many appear to be. MOO

Just don't know...
Agree that some of the things he's said in his interviews do seem suspicious, but I'm still not 100% sure of his guilt.
Nice looking guy, could be a bit awkward verbally and socially, comes across as a non aggressive weed smoker type, so maybe its because I want him to be innocent

The “left on her own” theory is a garbage theory IMO. Her sm indicates that her kiddos are her whole life, why would she have left her little boy? Why wouldn’t she have packed up that morning and left and taken him with her? She’s his mother and could have easily called him out of school and SC would have been none the wiser for 10+ hours (more than enough time to get far far away). Also I don’t see her voluntarily hopping in a different vehicle and leaving without a car seat for the baby?

I don’t know, this feels very decoy theory to me and pretty unbelievable. MOO.

Now way she left on her own. Besides, if that was her plan, why bother going to a book fair?

Does anyone know why he would do these interviews? Why anyone does these kinds of interviews in such a situation.
SC’s are very long and obviously are risky since we are all here tearing them apart. What is the benefit to someone like sc in a guilty sense and a not guilty sense to do these interviews?

Does anyone know why he would do these interviews? Why anyone does these kinds of interviews in such a situation.
SC’s are very long and obviously are risky since we are all here tearing them apart. What is the benefit to someone like sc in a guilty sense and a not guilty sense to do these interviews?

I think it doesn't matter. If he didn't do those interviews we would find that suspicious as well i feel like.

Most of this kind of incidents are someone close to the victim that are involved.

I think it doesn't matter. If he didn't do those interviews we would find that suspicious as well i feel like.
I totally agree with you. If he was to say nothing and lawyer up we would all think that was suspicious. If he just made short statements we would also tear those to shreds. But 16 minute long interviews that seems extreme and so easy to make multiple slip ups. Even if you are innocent I feel like a 16 minute interview when you are nervous, worried and sleep deprived could make you a very easy target jmo

The only innocent explanation is that he was exhausted from no sleep and work with a newborn. And he’s ashamed to say he slept during this whole time.

However, my neighbor is an example of why this doesn’t make sense to me either. One Saturday night, he ran over to my house utterly panicked. He was white as a sheet. “Have you seen [Andy]!” No? Why?

Oh the dread in my heart. It was night out and he was asking if I had seen his six year old son.

Turns out family was in town and they had a big reunion that day at a park. He got drunk. They got home. His wife said she was going to go with some of the kids to a relative’s to continue socializing. He passed out. When he woke up he realized the one who he thought had been left behind, was gone.

He didn’t wait a damn hour before freaking out. The minute he didn’t see his kid at my house (he comes over for cookies), he called 911 and ran patín the neighborhood frantically looking. We all did.

His wife finally called him back and said, “No! Andy came with us!”

It is not reasonable to me that a dad of a brand new baby would come home at 1:40, find no spouse, diaper bag, car, purse and money left behind, supposedly calls her phone and it goes to voicemail, and let’s say falls asleep, four hours later is awakened by his child’s school and doesn’t IMMEDIATELY call 911 or at the least, start frantically searching, going to the neighbors and calling people.

Instead, he casually picks up his son, brings him home, makes him some food and THEN begins calling people. Including his dad because his dad would know where his partner and baby are, right?

And he does not call police for an hour after waking up to this discovery?

Forget his fiancé. What about his vulnerable newborn?

I think a missing six year old is slightly different though. The six year old is on his own and can walk and run. A stranger could have seen him and kidnapped him.

The newborn baby is totally attached to her mom for everything. She isn't going to wander off by herself. So maybe SC simply assumed that if the baby wasn't there, she was safe with her mom. He might have been more confused if the mom was there and the baby missing, like "okay, if you're here...where's the baby???" Or vice versa, if the baby was there alone and the mom wasn't there, that would be a panic situation. But if they're both not in the home, the assumption would surely be that they're together and therefore the baby is safe and fine with her mom?

If the mom takes care of the feeding, changing, cleaning baby, etc, maybe some hubbies wouldn't even have a lot of awareness at 2 weeks old of what bags and things she would take with her to a friend's house in the daytime while he's out at work?

If some of that stuff was in the car, not the apartment, then maybe he thought her purse and the diaper bag were with her, and it wasn't until he went to the car to pick up the son that he saw that those things were actually in the car still. Even the books could have been in the car, and maybe when the 6-yr old saw them on the way home he was excited and wanted to take them into the home with him.

Austin Police released this statement Monday:

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation.
We don't have any new information to provide at this time.Detectives are actively working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews.
We continue to ask for the public's assistance in locating Heidi and Margot.If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately.

We will provide updates as they become available.We will have a media briefing tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2019 to go over what has been released so far.
If any new information becomes available, we will provide it at that time. Briefing time to be decided.

When your loved ones are missing you pick up the phone. Period. No matter who it is unless it’s a bill collector you recognize.

He didn’t glance at it long enough to decipher if it was some random bill collector he recognized, IMO.

More important were his words before he turned the phone off: “I don’t care about the phone.”

Really? That’s super problematic for me. Never have I seen such behavior on the part of someone whose loved ones just went missing.
i agree. and i might be wrong but it appeared to me in the video that his father did also cut off his phone without looking at it a short while after son looked at phone. so we have maybe same caller trying to reach either and was cut off by both. maybe it was "Grams" fathers ex and sons mother.

The scene he describes after he came home: Apartment door open, Heidi and three-week-old! Margot are not there, dog on the balcony, Heidi´s personal belongings are there, including the new books, Margot's things are there. The phone is missing and has been switched off since noon. Her car is there.
One would assume that Heidi left the apartment in a hurry. Did he ask Heidi's friends in the apartment complex? Because one would be worried or at least curious about what could have been so urgent and why her phone is off. Instead, he waits for hours to react.
I don't have a good feeling about that.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member