TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so, according to the other poster (not gitana...my quote thing isn’t working right)-

Am I understanding that a person going to the phone carrier counts as searching for someone, and therefore he shouldn’t be considered a suspect?

Because Patrick Frazee did that exact thing.

If anything, it was to find out what was traceable from their phones, IMO.

Agreed. But if people heard or saw things that pointed to something along the lines of stranger abduction, I absolutely believe we would have heard about that by now. That would be important in locating those responsible, and of course, Heidi and her baby.

That’s why I think if these witnesses exist, we haven’t heard about it yet. There may be no benefit to releasing that information if you are focused on one particular person, and you don’t need help in locating them.

So the overall posture of law enforcement, doesn’t make me feel like they actually believe this to be a kidnapping by an unknown assailant.
I know you follow a lot of cases / have you ever seen a presser in a missing that did not include pictures of who was missing ? I haven’t ever - I think they know what happened and are looking for the bodies IMO

IMO and personal experience wearing both, a baseball cap is really different from a beanie, heat wise.
ETA: again I take issue with wearing the beanie if it’s hot as balls outside.

I see it all of the time with young people, even when it's hot out. See it a lot with the Starbucks crowd. It's grunge, it's hipster, it's all over.

Random musing:

I 'feel' like if there's going to be 1 arrest there will also be a second arrest. JMO. *IF* the disappearance of HB & MC was caused by other than HB then it took at least two people to carry this out. MOO

That's all my brain can 'do' with what we have at this point.

I completely agree. Two people were involved - and those two people trust each other, a lot.

He went to T-Mobile the next day. At no time does he state he searched for her in any capacity between the time of his phone call at 1:40 p.m. to her phone and the time after he brought his son home from school, after 6:00 p.m. His efforts to contact friends and family began with his father after he picked up his son, then friends, per him, (I got that backwards earlier) and then at 7:30 p.m. he reported the disappearances.

That's according to him and LE as to the time of the report.

The next day he was interviewed by CBS and he was at T-Mobile, at thew time, he says trying to get her phone records. He also says the next day (after the disappearance) he searched through some dumpsters looking for her keys and sat outside his home for hours, asking everyone who walked by if they heard screams or saw anything.

That is all the evidence we have thus far of his search efforts.
The dumpsters ... who really does that?

is it true he was in T-Mobile that day? If he was, what for?

Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

Broussard’s husband Shane Carey talked to CBS Austin.

The news outlet caught up with Carey at a T-Mobile store, where they say he was trying to get cell phone records.

BBM. I'd say that, although the news doesn't say, if they found him at a T-Mobile store, they definitely found him there later than 7:30PM on the day of the abduction, because they wouldn't have gone looking for him if it had been earlier, because they wouldn't have known there was a missing mother and baby or that they should be trying to track down SC.

I heard him say she was making the lunch when he left..as in that morning. It does seem like he realized he said something wrong and then kind of laughs. While I definitely find his behavior odd, I also see genuine emotion.
I have laughed at weird times (not in extreme situations) so it could just be a nervous thing.
It seems like he doesn't exactly know "how to act", like he is socially awkward. If my husband was missing I would be beyond distraught and want to get the word out but I would still be very nervous with a camera in my face and a microphone. He is probably beyond exhausted and hasn't slept in days. That may be why he has the beanie on or he wears one all the time.
I have to say I am perplexed by him and not quite sure yet what to believe. Again the behavior is odd for sure but not ready to say he is a Chris Watts.... waiting on more information.

Agreed. But if people heard or saw things that pointed to something along the lines of stranger abduction, I absolutely believe we would have heard about that by now. That would be important in locating those responsible, and of course, Heidi and her baby.

That’s why I think if these witnesses exist, we haven’t heard about it yet. There may be no benefit to releasing that information if you are focused on one particular person, and you don’t need help in locating them.

So the overall posture of law enforcement, doesn’t make me feel like they actually believe this to be a kidnapping by an unknown assailant.
ITA.
If stranger abduction was high up on the list of possibilities for LE I was expecting something said in the press conference like ‘here are photos and descriptions of Heidi and her baby. Here is the car she was driving that morning. If you saw or heard anything suspicious at (the school, the apartment complex, the route in between) during the hours of ..,contact us”

I think it's going to take more than three days, but I more or less agree with you. I think they have a pretty good idea what happened and are just waiting to confirm that. Maybe waiting for lab tests, maybe waiting for somebody to crack.

I can see that she might have walked out if they had a fight, if she felt very overwhelmed by the new baby, if she was afraid of violence, or any of a dozen other reasons. But I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't contact her mother or somebody after she got to a safe place.
Yeah, I’d be far more receptive to the idea that she left with her child, had she taken anything that you’d expect her to take (other than her phone).

So no vehicle, no baby supplies, no purse; just disappears without a trace.

As you say, you’d expect her to reach out, but I’d also expect her to have been spotted by someone, caught on surveillance, or left some sort of digital indication of her plans.

So right now, I see this as foul play. The only question is who is responsible.

Agreed. I don’t believe it’s an abduction.

moo

That bugged be too, but I finally saw it
at the end of the (train-wreck) long
"Raw" interview,
it's starts at 17:10
(it's 17:10, with ads included now, but, it's at 0.58 remaining.)
He sounds very sincere, upset - then quickly flips it with more rambling.

I did see somewhere where he says he misses her, but it may have been "we" miss you.

Got it! Thanks for linking that...I hadn't watched through to the very end.

He does say, "I love you, honey...I love you, Margot."

So there is that.

JMO.

He went to T-Mobile the next day. At no time does he state he searched for her in any capacity between the time of his phone call at 1:40 p.m. to her phone and the time after he brought his son home from school, after 6:00 p.m. His efforts to contact friends and family began with his father after he picked up his son, then friends, per him, (I got that backwards earlier) and then at 7:30 p.m. he reported the disappearances.

That's according to him and LE as to the time of the report.

The next day he was interviewed by CBS and he was at T-Mobile, at thew time, he says trying to get her phone records. He also says the next day (after the disappearance) he searched through some dumpsters looking for her keys and sat outside his home for hours, asking everyone who walked by if they heard screams or saw anything.

That is all the evidence we have thus far of his search efforts.
Which I find to be sketchy at best. His focus in his interviews on himself - always being sure to mention he said he loved her or the kids that day (got to show he is a good guy), over the top description of how awesome she is with no real description of looks that could actually help someone recognize her (someone brilliant referred to this as more eulogizing than descriptive), overly detailed on parts of the day not in dispute (early morning hitting snooze and drinking water) and glossing over the times we need to know about (when he came home from work until he called police)...I could go on...detached language, occasional past tense description of Heidi, etc. This just does not pass the smell test to me. Searching dumpsters for keys makes even less sense.

It also might be a small thing but something about him saying her phone was off the first day has always nagged at me - how did he know? Battery could be out, could be in a dead zone, who knows? Personally, I think he knows because he turned off her phone. I just hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
It's so strange, because right after Chris' first interview- I sensed evil- real bad evil, from him. Right off the bat. I had absolutely no doubts about him what so ever harming Shannon and his beautiful children. I couldn't follow the case after, it affected me that bad.

I know I was wrong about the guy in SP's case- I admit, I was hoping he was a hero, getting her away from her evil step father (and her evil mother, too, in my eyes). So, sometimes my vibes are off, know what I mean?

This time I am totally bewildered- common sense tells me he's guilty, but my heart isn't lining up with my head. What's wrong with me, lol?

Nothing. Nothing is wrong with you.

Maybe your head is right? Maybe he's just an emotionally immature person who as an adult man feels ashamed to cry on camera and so he laughs and smiles a lot when talking about things that make him well up. Maybe he was sleeping or got buzzed when he got home and slept until he got his other child. Maybe he's not the brightest guy and didn't know what to do at that moment and sort of tried to care for his kid as he woke up and began realizing all was seriously not right. Maybe he is not used to handling serious things except work.

I have my deep concerns about this case and where I think it probably tips. But there are other possibilities that for me are still on the table, though more remote. It is possible.

I mean this guy is showing emotion and we are not used to seeing that in these cases. Like I said earlier, most murder cases don't involve sociopaths. I remember watching an early episode of cops and a man killed his wife during a domestic incident. He didn't actually mean to but he did kick her in the chest. It was a terrible episode. Kids were present crying. The EMT's came and ripped open her shirt and were trying CPR. Young mom. She died.

In the background, the killer was screaming and crying, "I didn't mean to! oh God, I didn't mean to!" But he killed her during a felony assault and so it was murder.

Even when they did mean to because they flew into a rage, but then after feel deep remorse, those are more common than no emotion at all.

Nevertheless, we don't know yet what happened here. Time will tell.

ITA.
If stranger abduction was high up on the list of possibilities for LE I was expecting something said in the press conference like ‘here are photos and descriptions of Heidi and her baby. Here is the car she was driving that morning. If you saw or heard anything suspicious at (the school, the apartment complex, the route in between) during the hours of ..,contact us”
Exactly. Adding to that, this isn’t some small town police department that has no experience with this sort of thing.

Austin PD is large, and is being supplemented by the resources and expertise of the FBI and Texas Rangers.

They know how to handle abduction cases. Their messaging does not in any way fit an abduction theory.

Unless she feared for her own immediate safety but wasn't afraid there would be any retaliation against her son?

I dunno. It seems like no matter which theory I look at, it doesn't add up :p
I’ve thought about this and having no personal frame of reference reached out to a few people who are more familiar with this potential situation - every single person said the same thing - secure yourself and the children - leave no one behind - I think she was dead by 1pm December 12 and where they are is the remaining question IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot