TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a pessimist but after this length of time, I suspect the worst. I still hope I'm utterly wrong and they are alive but I think that's wishful thinking. Two scenarios come to mind:

1) Someone killed HB in a fit or severely injured her, perhaps not intending to and was left with a screaming hungry baby. If she was breastfed, trust me, switching them to the bottle isn't easy. You can fill in the rest.
OR
2) Someone killed the baby in a fit or severely injured her, perhaps not intending to, and was left with a raging mother. You can fill in the rest.

I do not know who this person is, yet, so it's all just MOO.

With baby Vanessa, I thought in that case that taking the baby but leaving the mom's body might indicate the baby was the target of someone who wanted a live baby and was willing to kill to get one.

I find it a lot harder to see that being the case here.

And, as everyone's already pointed out, how far would the mom of a 2-week old baby walk from home without her purse or some things for the baby? The clothing Heidi was wearing at the school in the morning seemed pretty distinctive, and I think a lot of people notice a person with such a tiny, new, baby. So I would have thought someone would remember seeing her if she was walking around.

Has it been stated what floor Heidi lives on? Would she go down in an elevator? Could she have popped downstairs to take some trash out and not locked the door behind her, and then been attacked? If she had been attacked like that, I would expect it to be some kind of mugging, not a kidnap of a young mum and very young baby too.

Probably because they've been together almost 10 years. That's a long engagement. (IMO)
[ETA: Or maybe it's because it should be "fiancee" (with accent on the first "e")]

Ha autocorrect spells it fiancé

(ETA: This is a good time to say sorry for all my typos (I cringe when I read them) . Let’s just say I have some “issues” so please be patient, thank you :) )

from the article;
The couple has been together for nearly 10 years, Carey said. He described Broussard as an "amazing person" and "one of the best people" he's ever met.
They have two children together and are raising his older child from a previous marriage, Carey said.

Where is the 3rd child they are both raising, from his previous marriage? And how old is this child?
Police searching for missing Austin mom, 2-week-old daughter

With baby Vanessa, I thought in that case that taking the baby but leaving the mom's body might indicate the baby was the target of someone who wanted a live baby and was willing to kill to get one.

And, as everyone's already pointed out, how far would the mom of a 2-week old baby walk from home without her purse or some things for the baby? The clothing Heidi was wearing at the school in the morning seemed pretty distinctive, and I think a lot of people notice a person with such a tiny, new, baby. So I would have thought someone would remember seeing her if she was walking around.

Has it been stated what floor Heidi lives on? Would she go down in an elevator? Could she have popped downstairs to take some trash out and not locked the door behind her, and then been attacked? If she had been attacked like that, I would expect it to be some kind of mugging, not a kidnap of a young mum and very young baby too.

“Has it been stated what floor Heidi lives on?”

GREAT QUESTION.

See, maybe there are things to talk about!

Well, at least they can find the accent -- I never can!

(See my eta :) )

from the article;
The couple has been together for nearly 10 years, Carey said. He described Broussard as an "amazing person" and "one of the best people" he's ever met.
They have two children together and are raising his older child from a previous marriage, Carey said.

Where is the 3rd child they are both raising, from his previous marriage? And how old is this child?
Police searching for missing Austin mom, 2-week-old daughter
Very confusing. I know son is 6. Baby is 3 weeks (now). Framed photo in video shows an older little girl, along with the son.

I've seen comments on news stories which stated their dog was out on the apartment balcony (can't remember which news article, I'll link if I find again). Of course no idea if that's true. But if so, that would indicate a second floor apartment. From what I have seen, these are all walk up apartments with external stairs.
Luxury Apartments in Austin, TX | Club at Summer Valley Apartments

Regarding the school -

If it was normal for his son to attend after school care til 5 or so that may be why he didn’t think to call the school, thinking Heidi wasn’t scheduled to pick up their son til the after school program was over anyways.

Now, why he didn’t call police when he realized the apartment door was ajar and she was nowhere to be found, I don’t know. Thats very odd.

Possible, but I think unlikely. JMHO

Very confusing. I know son is 6. Baby is 3 weeks (now). Framed photo in video shows an older little girl, along with the son.
That is interesting.

I *think* the missing newborn and 6 year old son are their two children together. Then the older female child is the one from the previous marriage. And she is most likely with her bio mom at this point. Moo

What about the 3rd older child, does she/he go to the same school as the 6 year old? Who picks her/him up normally since the couple was raising her too? Presumably attends a different school because the 6 year old only was stated to be left at the school /daycare? Is the mother of that child in the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot