TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Def a red flag, you have to listen to the video to really get this tidbit.

Heidi has been on maternity leave, so money may have been tight. Maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but for God's sake in an interview like this, only important things are going to come to mind right? I mean he give all this EXTRANEOUS info, and says NOTHING about what he did from 2-6??!!!!
EXACTLY! Nothing about what he was up to during those 4 hrs. BIG bright red flag. JMO

Do you have a source for that? I never saw that nor heard it. He was very clear that he called her at noon and her phone was off.
It's in the fox video interview you said you are watching, I'm not speaking to the call you say was at noon. Just that he said her phone was off.

In the video, he says he called her at 1:40 and her phone was off.

The entire raw interview. It's certainly not rehearsed. He seems utterly confused and emotionally all over the place. Seems genuine in his reactions, he's not acting imo.
To me, for now, either he really doesn't know what happened and is very frightened, or...something accidental and unpremeditated happened and he can't process it.

Not to mention he is wearing the same clothes

I looked up Texas requirements for Amber Alert and didn't see anything regarding anything concerning a vehicle. All of the criteria concerning the victim and an abduction. Wouldn't this qualify as an abduction if the police took this at face value? I mean, this is a newborn and a mother who left home with nothing, not even a working phone. Her boyfriend seems to think that this is an abduction. I don't...however, he does...
bbm

Yes, he seems to indicate that's a possible scenario.
He did say in the link I'd posted that if someone has her :

"... I don't care, just drop her off..."

Father makes plea for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl | kvue.com

"I just don't see why no one heard any screams or anything out here so we're trying to put the puzzle pieces together," Shane Carey said. emph. mine

He said "screams" so he's thinking someone could've grabbed her.

But again I'd find it odd for someone to abduct a lady holding her baby.
Of course she'd scream and there'd be a loud confrontation.
People would've heard that.

"We're all stumped because everything's over here – the car's over here," Shane Carey said. "There's no signs of struggle. There's nothing, no evidence, so we're just trying to piece it together but there really are no pieces." bbm

Evidence of what ?
If she and Margo were grabbed by someone-- of course Heidi wouldn't have time to grab the diaper bag, etc.

If he thought she was kidnapped-- why wait to call 911 ?

Shane Carey said. "She has amazing support, friends behind her..." emph. mine

Have any of her family and/or friends spoken ?

Sorry I cannot seem to control my font size after posting a link. It's either too tiny or spreads all over the page. Not my intent. :rolleyes:

At 6:12 in the video he is talking about her cell phone, and says it has been off since he tried to call her at 1:40.
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
Thank you, Knox. Have you heard him say he also called at 12:00? I'm trying to construct a timeline and I have a link to Heidi's friend claiming that but I can't find where he said it. :( MOO

Last edited:
The most telling thing for me is the beginning of the Fox interview, his phone starts going off. He doesn't even look to see who it is and puts it on silent. Ummm, what if it were the cops and they found Heidi & Margot? Things that make you go hmmn.
I haven't watched the Fox interview yet but you're saying that the video shows him putting the phone on silent without even looking at it?

Seems strange to me. Don't most people look at their phone when they do that? I can't do anything with my phone without looking at it. JMO

Did anyone else catch "she won't be in trouble"?

It's " she".....
I'm listen to it over and over and over

I listened several times, it’s definitely “and YOU won’t be in trouble.” Which is odd but desperate people say desperate things.
The reporter said that he believes someone took Heidi and the baby.
He said: Bring her home safe, or put her somewhere safe. Her and the baby, feed the baby. She's only 3 weeks old. So, just find a way, you won't be in any trouble. Just drop her off.
He is not reffering to Heidi when he says "you won't be in any trouble", he is reffering to whomever might have taken them, because, as the reporter stated, he believes that someone took them.

Did Heidi need permission to spend money?
If she needed permission to spend money she would've asked for it before spending the money, not after it was already gone.

I don't think it's at all normal. Maybe he's just not normal? If I came home expecting to find my hubby here and the door was wide open and all his stuff and car was here except his cell, I would be going outside to see if he had gone to a neighbours and I would call him because he HAS his phone. If he didn't answer I would continue calling. If it went directly to voicemail I would start to panic after about 2 hours and call police.

He's eager to point out how she called him in the morning and let him know about buying the books but sat home for 4 hours and didn't try to reach her? Realizes her car is in the parking lot and she should be picking up their son from school but doesn't try to locate her. Makes no sense. Just doesn't add up.
JMHO
Oh my God, my mom has the terrible habit of leaving the home, without giving me a heads up, to go to the neighbor's house, which is literally two houses down from mine. She always leaves her phone at home and both doors wide open. I always wait, because I know she's usually at the neighbor's house and to be honest, I avoid going there to ask if she's there because the lady is so annoying, I just can't lol. Every single time this happens, I get really mad at her and tell her that one of these days either something happens to her and I won't look right away because she always does this, or something happens to me because she leaves the freaking doors open and I have no way to contact her if I need help. All of this to say that we don't really know Heidi and if she does this type of stuff.

At 6:12 in the video he is talking about her cell phone, and says it has been off since he tried to call her at 1:40.
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

And? You don't check to see if it's the cops?
He look
The most telling thing for me is the beginning of the Fox interview, his phone starts going off. He doesn't even look to see who it is and puts it on silent. Ummm, what if it were the cops and they found Heidi & Margot? Things that make you go hmmn.
He did look at it..

Re: book fair $25. My mother spent almost my entire life in an abusive relationship that was also financially abusive. As kids, if we wanted/needed something, she would get it for us and then tell my dad later. Then he'd lose it. She never asked permission because he knew he'd say no and she wanted us to have certain things.

I haven't watched the Fox interview yet but you're saying that the video shows him putting the phone on silent without even looking at it?
It was upside down when he pulled it out of his pocket and hit the button on the side of the phone.
Seems strange to me. Don't most people look at their phone when they do that? I can't do anything with my phone without looking at it. JMO

Oh my gosh, I made the screen bigger. Sorry guys, the phone is clearly where he can see who is calling when he silences it. My bad, please disregard my earlier comment.

Does anyone have a link for SC himself saying the following? I'm looking for confirmation independent of Heidi's friend (see FB post in the article linked below). TIA to anyone who can help. :) MOO
  • SC called Heidi at noon and it went to voicemail
  • The door was wide open
Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin
What I heard him say in the video was that he called her when he got home from work, about 1:40 and it went straight to voicemail so he knew her phone was turned off. He also says something like, and it’s been turned off since then which makes me think he did try calling again. I also wonder if he fell asleep. He has probably not been sleeping well with a new baby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot