Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc, someone alluded to a possible ransom early in HB's disappearance.

Now my thoughts on the "giveme" pages, and a request for a $50,000 goal. I understand desperate situations as I have witnessed in my own family and with acquaintances how sudden terminal illness and young children can cause anxiety and the need for extra $$. Of course this is even worse. My problem is, $50,000 is a lot of money for someone to manage responsibly if they have not been inclined in that direction before. One must use one's good sense in these things. It is a reasonable amount given this situation, as things should normalize during the coming year but sudden death brings on extra expenses and needed time to grieve and heal.
Having said that, my experience is family, friends, the church (and Heidi did worship) all pitch in with prepared meals, babysitting, material gifts of many kinds which reduces the need for excessive $$. Personally, I would be much more comfortable donating to a fund that goes directly to the Broussard's who most likely carried the costs of the funeral. They aren't cheap. I feel confident that whatever is given to them will be used to pay for this and that they would ensure the needs of the children are met, perhaps setting up a registered education fund that will increase in the coming years. Next only to the undying love of a parent for their child, is the undying love of a grandparent. Too much money all at once can be a recipe for disaster.
JMHO
Agreed. I'd like to see some funding for HB's family's lives, day-to-day, ongoing for say one year.. ie SC and the kids. .. whether by way of someone helping financially with the rent, or money for him to pay the rent.. possible carloans, insurance, food, utilities.. at least make it easy on them so they don't have to wonder where the rent money will come from. I would imagine even with church people, it will be very very difficult to trust *anyone* (other than immediate parents of SC and HB) to take care of those kids so that SC can go to work. imo.

NBC News PR on Twitter
FRIDAY on an all-new @DatelineNBC at 10pm/9c: An inside look at the case of murdered Texas mother Heidi Broussard just days after the prime suspect, Magen Fieramusca, who was also one of her closest friends, was charged with capital murder. https://nbcnews.to/37DOMJd
5:15 PM - 29 Jan 2020
Thanks for great link, as always PommyMommy!
I can't help thinking it's a tad premature?
Is this likely to be viewed by potential jurors in what is likely to be a DP case where same jury will need to be convinced of her guilt and then, possibly immediately afterwards, of her penalty!
This is no small feat for any juror and I am surprised her defense are not objecting to this screening.
It's not like everybody will be singing her praises and talking about how lovely she is and what a good friend she was to Heidi. Or anybody.
Is likely to at least bring grounds for a relocation of trial which will bring extra hardship to the jurors and all involved.

Iirc, someone alluded to a possible ransom early in HB's disappearance.

Now my thoughts on the "giveme" pages, and a request for a $50,000 goal. I understand desperate situations as I have witnessed in my own family and with acquaintances how sudden terminal illness and young children can cause anxiety and the need for extra $$. Of course this is even worse. My problem is, $50,000 is a lot of money for someone to manage responsibly if they have not been inclined in that direction before. One must use one's good sense in these things. It is a reasonable amount given this situation, as things should normalize during the coming year but sudden death brings on extra expenses and needed time to grieve and heal.
Having said that, my experience is family, friends, the church (and Heidi did worship) all pitch in with prepared meals, babysitting, material gifts of many kinds which reduces the need for excessive $$. Personally, I would be much more comfortable donating to a fund that goes directly to the Broussard's who most likely carried the costs of the funeral. They aren't cheap. I feel confident that whatever is given to them will be used to pay for this and that they would ensure the needs of the children are met, perhaps setting up a registered education fund that will increase in the coming years. Next only to the undying love of a parent for their child, is the undying love of a grandparent. Too much money all at once can be a recipe for disaster.
JMHO

I say to each their own, if inclined to give, do so.
Shane & HB did not seem to live the lifestyle of the wealthy, I speculate he has no financial management skills. In my county we recently had a family of 5 killed in a collision (not their fault), leaving one child orphaned, so there’s worse scenarios than Shane’s, imo.
Idk how the Amazon list was created or if it really SC’s as I noticed requests for boxed Xmas gift cards & women’s clothes & sport type shoes for a boy. Surely his son had shoes prior to HB’s abduction. Or is the list a hoax?
Was HB’s funeral not gifted by the funeral home?
It is moo that SC & kids now reside with Ty.
Also Heidi’s friend said Heidi hoped to move to Ty’s vacant house (linked in timeline). Perhaps Ty will sell his excess real estate to help SC?
All moo

Thanks for great link, as always PommyMommy!
I can't help thinking it's a tad premature?
Is this likely to be viewed by potential jurors in what is likely to be a DP case where same jury will need to be convinced of her guilt and then, possibly immediately afterwards, of her penalty!
This is no small feat for any juror and I am surprised her defense are not objecting to this screening.
It's not like everybody will be singing her praises and talking about how lovely she is and what a good friend she was to Heidi. Or anybody.
Is likely to at least bring grounds for a relocation of trial which will bring extra hardship to the jurors and all involved.
The defense may not like the idea of a Dateline episode but this case has already received worldwide attention. I mean, that horse has already left the barn… IMO, this is just going to be a compilation of news to date.

I agree that a request for change of venue is likely but I don’t see it as a need for concern. MOO

The defense may not like the idea of a Dateline episode but this case has already received worldwide attention. I mean, that horse has already left the barn… IMO, this is just going to be a compilation of news to date.

I agree that a request for change of venue is likely but I don’t see it as a need for concern. MOO
You're right!
I just wish it was trial time... could take another 2 yrs... special jury questionnaires if DP is on table and I don't see how it would not be.

Those options are not hers to trade.
They belong to the state.
She has allegedly committed the most heinous and cruel crime.
No apparent remorse.
She still lied when lE finally swooped, and that was after they had opened the trunk!
She's quite outrageous

I think if she offered a plea the DA would be interested.
Or do you mean she can’t due to TX law?
I was under the impression she is allowed to plead guilty. If so, would a jury be seated for sentencing only?

Grand Jury.

I'm confused. Is the only way the govt can seek the death penalty in Texas, to seek it through one of the items listed for 'capital murder'.. does not a murder with premeditation and covering up afterward not mean death penalty too?

No - the criteria for a capital crime is specific and limited. And only capital crimes are DP eligible.

Texas Capital Punishment Laws - FindLaw

I think if she offered a plea the DA would be interested.
Or do you mean she can’t due to TX law?
I was under the impression she is allowed to plead guilty. If so, would a jury be seated for sentencing only?
That's what I'm not sure of. Last one I followed closely was in Illinois.
The trial opened with the defense admitting their client did it but was pleading not guilty. Bizarre beyond words.
There was still a full trial, followed by a DP trial, same jurors.
Horrible ending and no catharsis. Was a Federal trial.
No idea how Texas works in this respect.
In the fed trial , Jeff Sessions signed the DP trial.
It's possible they went for it because there was a chance he would disclose the location of her body, he would only offer to disclose it in the vaguest of locations. Murderer is still alive, girl is still dead and her family is destroyed because they hoped for more than 2 years to bring her remains home.
He lied too.
He lied to the fBI.

As with most of their pieces, I think the Dateline episode will likely be a summary of what's already been in MSM. The records were sealed by the court until just recently. I don't see episode creating a problem to seat a jury. MOO

So essentially the delay was due to the GJ convening. Moo
I think media will continue to describe MF as “best friend” .

I checked out of thread waiting for a grand jury indictment.

Kidnapping, strangulation, and decomposing body of best friend in the trunk in your driveway for a week all the signs of capital murder.

MOO

I've always had doubts that she told Tim Miller the truth about that. I think it's rumor category.
At the time she was busy trying to place the focus on SC. I simply disbelieve her and it's unlikely he had received access to her phone records.
He found her to be credible.
Most people did which suggests she was quite an accomplished liar, as well.

While MF proved to not be a friend, one cannot discount that up until her arrest, MF was in fact considered HB's best friend that even attended the birth of her two children. I don't think she had to try to hard to be convincing. Still in disbelief, SC was recently quoted as saying HB loved MF, and how they were very close friends.

I don't see any significance. ???

Nidal Hasan was a mass shooter who was court martialed and tried under the Uniform Code of Military Justice for the Fort Hood killings. The UCMJ does not allow a defendant to plead guilty when the crime is death penalty eligible. MOO

I agree, but did find this interesting:

In most civilian courts, a defendant could plead guilty even if the death penalty was at stake.

I’m curious though, if MF enters a guilty plea, she still must face sentencing. Would DP be on the table despite plea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi