GUILTY TX - Holli Jeffcoat, 18, pregnant, brutally murdered, Lubbock County, 10 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When specifically asked whether Mom knew about James and Holli having sex, Holli said yes, Mom told her not to tell anyone because Mom needed James to pay bills.

[..]

When a CARE exam for Holli was suggested, Debi became argumentative and said that it did not make any sense to perform a CARE exam on Holli. Based on Holli's statements, Debi Holland covered up James' molestation of her daughter and was complicit in the continuing molestation.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/31865316/...turbing-details-in-holli-jeffcoat-murder-case

That is what so strange. Why were they following mother's wishes at that point? That article says they didn't even do an exam on another female (which I presume is Holli's sister, as other articles flat out say 15 year old sister also alleges abuse) because mother didn't want to. But that means parents can easily prevent abuse investigations by preventing exams being done.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...m-holli-jeffcoat-arrested-failure-to-register

Christopher Lynn Jeffcoat, 39, was arrested Friday for failure to register as a sex offender. He was under a court order to register annually as a sex offender because of a 2004 conviction for indecency with a child...

Court records in a different court case indicated that Christopher Jeffcoat was the father of Holli Jeffcoat...

No one has been charged for Holli Jeffcoat’s murder but her mother, Debbi Holland, and step-father, James Holland, both remained in jail for continuous sexual abuse of a child.

This is probably one of the worst cases of preventable child abuse I've ever read about. The entire system failed this girl, and more than just once too.
There were numerous warning signs and plenty of probable cause to remove her from that environment, if only while an investigation was being conducted.

The only way I can even slightly understand how this could've happened would be that due to her fragile mental condition her mother somehow convinced the authorities that she was simply making it all up. I don't know what her mother told these people, but it seems to have kept them all at bay.

This is probably one of the worst cases of preventable child abuse I've ever read about. The entire system failed this girl, and more than just once too.
There were numerous warning signs and plenty of probable cause to remove her from that environment, if only while an investigation was being conducted.

The only way I can even slightly understand how this could've happened would be that due to her fragile mental condition her mother somehow convinced the authorities that she was simply making it all up. I don't know what her mother told these people, but it seems to have kept them all at bay.

How can they believe mom's words when she had penetrating injuries plus STD in 2008?

How can they believe mom's words when she had penetrating injuries plus STD in 2008?

I don't understand that either. The guy CPS deemed responsible for 2008 injuries and STD was in prison since 2004. While STD could have gone undetected for years, there is absolutely no way he could have been responsible for injuries that appeared several weeks old. It sounds like CPS wasn't even trying.

A bond reduction hearing was heard in the 137th District Court Friday for James Holland, stepfather of murdered teen Holli Jeffcoat.

Right now, Holland is held on a $2 million dollar bond. He's charged with sexual abuse of a child against a different family member. Deputies arrested him in March.

Courthouse sources tell KCBD that the District Attorney plans to file capital murder charges against Holland for the death of Holli Jeffcoat.

Holland is not charged in Jeffcoat's murder at this time. Jeffcoat was found murdered in her home in February.

Judge McClendon did not rule on the motion immediately. He will give his decision at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 31, to lawyers. There will not be a formal hearing for this announcement.

More at the link:

http://m.kcbd.com/kcbd/db_344835/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=HZiJtQ4m

Idalou Middle School Students fundraised $900 during their end-of-the year activities and decided this year that the funds should be donated to Special Olympics of the South Plains. IMS Principal Josh Damron explained that the students not only believe Special Olympics is a valuable community organization, they also chose it to honor the life of a student in their district who was murdered in February, 18-year-old Holli Jeffcoat.

The last portion of the Special Olympics motto "let me be brave" was featured on the shirts all the students wore; several grades even spelled out "Brave" and "#Be Brave" by arranging themselves on the football field. That motto was also featured on the purple bracelets Idalou ISD has been selling to fundraise for Special Olympics, also in honor of Holli.

Stark believes this fundraiser accomplished several goals: "to keep [Holli's] memory alive, to raise awareness about Holli, to raise awareness about Special Olympics. What a better way to memorialize Holli than to provide funds for other athletes to compete in Special Olympics?"

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...r-special-olympics-in-honor-of-holli-jeffcoat

After reading the article, it looks like CPS had numerous opportunities to investigate thoroughly, remove the kids from home and terminate the parental rights. Unfortunately Holli had to pay the ultimate prize with her life, due to what sounds like a sloppy investigation.

you forgot to insert "AGAIN" in there right after the CPS!

This is horrible. :(

Sorry if I missed this, but who performed the "hysterectomy"?

Typically prosecutors have some time after a capital murder indictment to decide yes or no on pursuing the death penalty.

In this case, State District Court Judge John J. McClendon, III issued a gag order in mid-May. So, EverythingLubbock.com is not able to talk to attorneys about the possibility of putting the death penalty on the table.

In both capital murder indictments, there is a reference to the "death of an individual, an unnamed child, by stabbing or cutting Holli Jeffcoat, with a sharp object, while the unnamed child was in utero within Holli Jeffcoat."
http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...dictment-for-capital-murder-of-holli-jeffcoat

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...-indicments-for-stepdad-mom-of-holli-jeffcoat

Both James and Debi Holland are indicted for capital murder of both Holli and her unborn child. These indictments are notable because they are the first charges we've seen in this case which directly reference Holli's unborn child...

"I feel relieved that now James has got his murder indictment but I'm sad Debi has hers. I was hoping that something would turn out different, but you know it didn't," said Ronny Lemmond. He is Debi's brother and Holli's uncle...

Ray added that in her heart she wants to believe that her daughter [Debi] is innocent but she also doesn't believe Holli and her family member would lie about the outcries they made regarding the sexual abuse they experienced.

Nearly nine months after Holli Jeffcoat, 18, was found murdered in her Northeast Lubbock County home, her body burned, her throat slit, and her uterus removed, the pain of her death is still vivid for her family members.

Much of the information about what happened to Holli has been held back for ongoing criminal charges. While her family waits for more information, they hope that Holli's life won't be forgotten and that her death might inspire changes to help other children from going through the same tragedy.
http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...ions-about-her-death-hopes-for-future-changes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back