Identified! TX - Houston, HispMale #UP105580, <50, 5’2”, collapsed while working to install roof, Jul ‘23 - Oscar Velasquez Hernandez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

EmiliaRT007

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) POSTMORTEM WARNING

On July 12, 2023, an unknown male collapsed while working to install a roof. He had no identification.

The deceased is described as a Hispanic man, under age 50, 5’2” (157 cm) and 197 pounds (90 kg). He had black wavy hair with a little gray and a small goatee and mustache. He had brown eyes.

I’m wondering if they even asked the construction crew about this man’s identity. I think this man probably didn’t speak English and that he may be an immigrant, which could make identifying him a little harder.
Crews often speak Spanish and many are immigrants themselves. Maybe they don't want to talk and maybe they scattered after he collapsed.

(More than likely: Someone knows who this is. Maybe they will come forward. MOO It hasn't been 10 days yet. He will likely be ID'd)

Last edited:
I'm not seeing anything in the media about this. If they want him ID'd, they really need to put this out in the media! The people who know his identity are likely immigrants.

They could be long gone if they wait a year or so to put out a press release.

I'm not seeing anything in the media about this. If they want him ID'd, they really need to put this out in the media! The people who know his identity are likely immigrants.

They could be long gone if they wait a year or so to put out a press release.
They never seem to put anything about UID’s in the media.

Crews often speak Spanish and many are immigrants themselves. Maybe they don't want to talk and maybe they scattered after he collapsed.

(More than likely: Someone knows who this is. Maybe they will come forward. MOO It hasn't been 10 days yet. He will likely be ID'd)
And yes someone’s gotta know his name!

It makes sense if they were immigrants themselves they would be wary to talk to the police. I really hope someone comes forward to give information. This man has family some where.

I also noticed it was his son that recognized him… that’s awful, imagine finding out about a UID only to realize he’s your dad…
Odds are, authorities were probably making contact fairly early on. Someone at work knew his name and eventually told authorities. Authorities likely contacted family members. Just MOO

Odds are, authorities were probably making contact fairly early on. Someone at work knew his name and eventually told authorities. Authorities likely contacted family members. Just MOO
Yeah, I was gonna say... as a day laborer, even if you never interacted with anyone, it seems you'd only really be as lost as long as it took someone in your family to go looking for you... and these aren't weird locales to be taking yourself to, like some drug or prostitution site. You had any access to a cheap burner phone, you'd probably be calling the rest of your family somewhere telling them what you were planning on doing, no matter how briefly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back