TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shauna Owens hair looks similar to smurfettes. Smooth tight waves and dark brown.

Her hair looks a lot like my son's girlfriend's hair. She's Korean and AA. She plays with it a lot -- straightens, curls, gels, etc etc etc, which is likely to be the case with many of these young women as well. They can do so many things with hair like that! So how her hair looks in a particular photo could be quite different from another time.

Carbuff, agreed. Us girls can do many things with our hair and look totally different. However those curls are most likely natural, perms are no longer in most young girls straighten their hair constantly.

Carbuff, agreed. Us girls can do many things with our hair and look totally different. However those curls are most likely natural, perms are no longer in most young girls straighten their hair constantly.

I didn't mean smurfette, I meant that the girls whose photos showed less curly hair might have straightened or ironed theirs. So just because they don't look curly doesn't mean they aren't.

It would be nice if hair texture was part of the info on missing flyers!

Hey new here just jumping in.

This is a tough one because of the condition of the body. I agree on the fact she's a teenager that acts like a teenager, meaning a girl that does not try to act older than she is. To me, the hair screams Caucasian because Latino or Native decent tends to be BLACK while that seems to be a dark brown with some variation in tone.

Just some thoughts...

My daughter-in-law is black. Her natural hair color is a very dark brown, almost black, and at times has some reddish hightlights. She is not mixed.

I could see Korean, but texture wise even a bi-racial females hair would seem to me to be rougher than our girls texture in my experience. After what Killarney said though I guess some African-Americans hair can have that variation on the black color as well, that variation we see on Jane Does. I stand corrected. Just going by all the girls I dated in high school. J/K.

It would be nice if hair texture was part of the info on missing flyers!

I've been told that hair texture can change after death -- that weathering can (though doesn't always) make your hair coarser, or brittle, especially if you've got chemicals of any kind on it. So that might not be reliable information.

Smurfette's case manger just called me about my possible match. She gave me her email address so I can send an entire list of possible matches. She is very sweet and is very determined to give smurfette her name back. I was able to ask a few questions. She described smurfettes bones as being very light I'm guessing in weight..? She said she believes she is white and possibly African American, she said it the severe overbite is what is throwing her off with the race. But she said smurfette definitely carries white characteristics.

We need to get a list together.
She thinks Arielle Glenn is too old. So let's stick to the age range given.
If we can get a list together I will send to case manager.

Just received an email from case manager, Arielle Glenn has been ruled out. I also asked a couple of questions about smurfette and received this response:

1. She may have lived a good part of her life in central to north central Texas based on analysis of isotopes in her bones and teeth.
2. It is definitely not set in stone that she is from Texas.
3. Her hair is wavy, not curly. It is glossy and long to her shoulders. It is dark brown but has some lowlights in it that look a little reddish-purple

Hope this is helpful.
-shine on

Thank you so much for getting some of this info clarified. I was very confused on what we should be looking for! This helps a ton!

Oh and I don't know if I have missed it or not but do they plan on having a sketch done by chance?

Smurfette's case manger just called me about my possible match. She gave me her email address so I can send an entire list of possible matches. She is very sweet and is very determined to give smurfette her name back. I was able to ask a few questions. She described smurfettes bones as being very light I'm guessing in weight..? She said she believes she is white and possibly African American, she said it the severe overbite is what is throwing her off with the race. But she said smurfette definitely carries white characteristics.

We need to get a list together.
She thinks Arielle Glenn is too old. So let's stick to the age range given.
If we can get a list together I will send to case manager.

Can you put Savannah Starr Martinez on your submit list? Thanks

http://heidisearchcenter.com/missing-children/savannah-starr-martinez/

Woohoo! Case manager says there is a sketch underway and should be accessible anytime now ;)

I'm not saying its not possible, but case manager felt that Arielle Glenn had been missing too long to be smurfette and she went missing in April 2011.

I could see Korean, but texture wise even a bi-racial females hair would seem to me to be rougher than our girls texture in my experience. After what Killarney said though I guess some African-Americans hair can have that variation on the black color as well, that variation we see on Jane Does. I stand corrected. Just going by all the girls I dated in high school. J/K.

not necessarly, my daughters are bi-racial and one has long long, kind of caucasion hair , the other does not:waitasec:

NamUs has ruled out the following:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Destaya Dupre 1994 Louisiana
Keiosha Felix 1997 Louisiana
Arielle Glenn 1991 Texas
Morgan Martin 1994 Florida
Samantha Shaw 1996 Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online