TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that sketch is so different from the first, any clue why? just different interpretations?

The first sketch was released by HCSO before being reviewed by the forensic anthropologist, she wasn't too confident with the first one so she contacted NCMEC to have them create the second approximation and made appropriate changes with direction from the forensic anthropologist.

She still doesn't believe her to be Hispanic, and says although she looks more Caucasian than mixed, certain measurements point to her being biracial. (Black and white)

I keep thinking, so far, my guide has been, the timeline, and sort of looking at past girls that they really thought was worth looking into, like the ruleouts, and thier face shape and features, and now Jessica Ramos as Dr. Derrick said she looked into. They seem to have a pretty long face. I'm not seeing that in this sketch. Although, I know there are said to be more revisions to it right? Edit: Of course i'm not saying it's wrong lol.

What do you think????

I still feel like the new "sketch" of our UID looks a lot like Rosa Gil. But the Hispanic ethnicity is an issue. It also sounds like Rosa was not in consistent contact with her family, so the timeline may not be as tight as her missing date might indicate.

Upon last check Rosa is still missing. My gut says she is a good possibility.

Even though this "what do you think?" likely wasn't meant for me, I wanted chime in about her. JMO

I also thought the theory up thread that this may be a missing child (familial??) that has since aged is an interesting one that could hold water.

I wonder about timelines too, I think there can be some give in our end of looking, as there are many reasons why some people are reported late. Even the new approximation looks Hispanic to me. I definitely see the resemblance to Rosa Gil. The new sketch, the teeth are interesting, wish we could see more detail. It looks as though, she's has such a protruding overbite, that her lips may not have naturally covered her teeth. IMO.

The new one made me think of another girl, Mary Marroquin. She is listed as missing 10/7/12. Listed here as a runaway from foster care. I believe why it's so hard to find more information about the kids on these lists (of missing foster care children). She is now listed with her picture with a recent listing, stating that the pictures in this bulletin has been received as of April 2013 and July of 2013. The link to her picture is in the second link. However you will need to scroll through to find her on the list. There are some 2012's listed here, that might be worth looking through, as its more likely that they are not listed anywhere else.

http://missingkidsla.org/search_result.asp

and her picture listed here http://oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov/files/Final - 2nd 2013 QB Cover_0.pdf

Very recent article about recent sex trafficking sting and foster children,

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/29/nation/la-na-child-sex-20130730

"Our insect evidence tells us that it can’t be Rosa unless the date of disappearance is inaccurate."

It is likely that she died sometime in the first week of September.

Just submitted Ms. Gil, working on submitting the others as well. Will update with response ASAP

Thanks, Lyssav for all your work on this case. You've been able to garner such good info from your source!!

Thanks, Lyssav for all your work on this case. You've been able to garner such good info from your source!!

Thank you harperluu! Everyone here is so amazing, I love working and discussing with you all!

We are lucky she is so informative, definitely one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with and she cares a lot about her job and what it entails!! She is working hard trying to ID smurfette, I hope we can help her!

Just submitted Ms. Sanchez

Thank you for that, and for everything you are doing on this case.

I must confess though, that I sort of hope that Rosa Sanchez can be ruled out by Dr Derrick easily, because otherwise its going to be a long slog to try and make this comparison.

There would need to be a DNA sample from a family member, but getting one may be problematic, especially if their family are in Mexico. Even if they get a sample and there is a match, can we even confirm that it is definitely Rosa and not one of her two sisters? We could probably say that it is almost certainly Rosa, since she resembles the UID much more than her sisters, and her age is by far the best match.

Still seems to have one eye higher than other!

I asked about the positioning of the eyes, got this:

The left looks like it sits higher than the right in both approximations, someone on the thread pointed that out and wondered if its something we should be looking for?

"It depends. The left eye may sit a little bit higher than the right or the dysphasia may not be noticeable, OR the left eye could look larger than the right if the positioning is due to a smaller orbit and the eye globe projects out."

I asked about the positioning of the eyes, got this:

The left looks like it sits higher than the right in both approximations, someone on the thread pointed that out and wondered if its something we should be looking for?

"It depends. The left eye may sit a little bit higher than the right or the dysphasia may not be noticeable, OR the left eye could look larger than the right if the positioning is due to a smaller orbit and the eye globe projects out."

Interesting!

Were you able to submit Stephanie Hernandez Ramirez? She looks very interesting IMO.

I was waiting for a response on Ms. Sanchez so other submissions don't get lost, but I will email that information now.

Has anyone considered Emily Bracamontes? I've run across her several times, no open mouth picture.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13295/0/

Also two requests. Does anyone have a easy way of putting Migmuu's list in alphabetical order? And Carl, do you have time to turn sketch into a more lifelike picture? Thanks in advance. Now that Smurfette has her face she needs her name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston