TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This one is a little bit of a stretch, but one of her photos shows what appears to be an overbite, and her story is one that could account for some of Smurfette's details. Kaya was adopted when she was 6, along with 2 of her younger siblings, in 2008. Reports of horrible abuse, mistreatment, and other heartbreaking events led to both "parents" being arrested last year. Kaya went missing some time between 2010-2012, but it wasn't realized/reported until 2019-2020.

Kaya Marie Centeno
NCMEC Poster
Charley Project

There's a lot to like about Kaya as a possibility, but wouldn't she have been only 10 in 2012?

There's a lot to like about Kaya as a possibility, but wouldn't she have been only 10 in 2012?

That’s one of my biggest issues with Kaya in relation to Smurfette. The overbite, the possible malnourishment and mistreatment, etc. all make me think she could be a possibility, but the age gets me.

That’s one of my biggest issues with Kaya in relation to Smurfette. The overbite, the possible malnourishment and mistreatment, etc. all make me think she could be a possibility, but the age gets me.

Yeah I don't know. I don't think it's her, but it seems like it's too close to not submit, despite the age issue.

Has anyone mentioned Robinow Syndrome yet? More specifically, Autosomal Dominant Robinow Syndrome (ADRS). While it is an extremely rare genetic disorder, some of the clinical findings stood out to me. The "missing" pair of ribs, the skull malformation, the overbite, the "missing" molars, small build...The more severe forms mimic forms of dwarfism, but the milder forms can result in a closer-to-average height with some skeletal or genital anomalies and, potentially, some of the unique facial features.

Now that WCJD has been identified, I look forward to seeing this little girl make her way back to family too. Namus hasn't had any updates for more than a year. I hope Identifinders are having luck with their genetic genealogy search.

Bump. Jane Doe's NamUs page was just updated for the first time in a long while, I think. Nice that someone is working on her case even at a time when many people are on holiday.

Hopefully this means progress is being made. Can anyone see what changed?

@snowgoose no idea what's changed but there are 17 ruleouts in Namus now, whereas in post #154 in this thread, back in March 2020 there were only 14 visible ruleouts. So LE are definately working on the case.

upload_2021-12-30_18-40-5.png
upload_2021-12-30_18-40-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-30_18-39-25.png
    upload_2021-12-30_18-39-25.png
    20 KB · Views: 18
Thinking of Smurfette...

I briefly couldn't get onto her NamUs page and freaked out thinking she'd been ID'd. Unfortunately I was wrong, it's still up. I am still hoping that Identifinders is able to bring her home soon.

That picture of the clump of her hair still haunts me...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back