TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, not available--it was decided that HIPPA covers people's DNA and other biometrics, so it can't be disclosed without need to know. Which doesn't include the general public.

Which is stupid because advocates like me used to find family to give DNA when there wasn't any

Ugh. This is frustrating.
Having the information was useful to me because it was an easy way to rule someone out and I wouldn’t have to bother Dr. D

Is she still around, working the case? Houstonmom? I haven’t emailed her in forever but came across yet another possible match and I’m not sure we’ve mentioned her at all in this thread. Long shot - but worth mentioning.

Sidney Keara Smith
(Sidney photographed as an infant)
And NCMEC age progression to 17.

A1E82808-4660-45B2-B45F-D98C53438785.jpeg 2E7AF4CD-7D64-4468-B528-3EBAF37E1473.jpeg 07974E04-EDA7-4358-A461-522ECB968C2F.jpeg

Biracial
Hair: black
Eyes: brown
DOB: 3/22/1999
Missing date: 5/12/2000

Sidney disappeared with her sister, Monique Smith, and their mother, Jennifer Lancaster. They were seen in Topeka, Kansas on May 12, 2000. They left home at approximately 8:00 p.m. to go to a male acquaintance's home. They never arrived and none of them have ever been heard from again.

Lancaster's vehicle was found abandoned at an apartment complex a week later. No one in the family has ever been heard from again; few details are available in their cases.

She does have quite a resemblance to the reconstruction.

Last edited:
So this is probably a long shot as the age is low and the circumstances are iffy (non-custodial abduction) but I see a strong resemblance between Smurfette and Rachel Lesserson. The height matches with the low end estimates and the hair looks similar to me. What do you guys think?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Rachel Lesserson – The Charley Project

ETA: Her name was on the long list on thread #1 but I don't see where she was ruled out.

We need to get that rule-out list transferred over to this thread - I was trying to find it real quick but haven’t had any luck yet! Anybody know what page it’s on? lol

As for Rachel - I’m not sure if she was officially ruled-out or not. I sent so many possible matches to Dr. D and a lot of times she could rule someone out just by looking at their photo - (Smurfette had a very apparent overbite and narrow nose)

I’m Assuming the clothes found on Smurfette’s body actually fit her, in my opinion, if Rachel’s height and weight are correct 4’7” and 65lbs - size 5 pants and a bra sized 34c would be entirely too big.

We need to get that rule-out list transferred over to this thread - I was trying to find it real quick but haven’t had any luck yet! Anybody know what page it’s on? lol

As for Rachel - I’m not sure if she was officially ruled-out or not. I sent so many possible matches to Dr. D and a lot of times she could rule someone out just by looking at their photo - (Smurfette had a very apparent overbite and narrow nose)

I’m Assuming the clothes found on Smurfette’s body actually fit her, in my opinion, if Rachel’s height and weight are correct 4’7” and 65lbs - size 5 pants and a bra sized 34c would be entirely too big.

The list is incredibly long, but it is posts #1226 & 1230 on the first thread. Also, good point about the clothing sizes! Rachel would seem to be too small if the clothing fit properly.

Just received the answer this morning.

His opinion is that bone & teeth findings can be consistent with childhood kidney disease.

He was surprised about why I do this kind of matching as a simple citizen, so I sent him an explanation.

He suggested me to call him during the week. I agreed wholeheartedly, and asked him what is the best moment in his week schedule.
Because I don't want to call him in the middle of a difficult consultation, or in the middle of a staff meeting...

Hope he won't be afraid of my explanation about why I do that.
Will you cross the fingers for me, please?

Were you ever able to follow up on this?

I don’t think these have been mentioned before, but I’m only able to see 12 rule outs on NamUs and I could have sworn there was a longer list somewhere :confused: These two aren’t on the list I’m able to see.

Maria Ines Salazar
C05B0935-A002-4F76-9C42-7F6FD6AAD6F7.jpeg
Missing since February 16, 2012 from Snowville, Utah. Hispanic female, 14 years old, 5’1”, 127 lbs., brown hair and eyes. Her ears are pierced.
Maria disappeared from Snowville, Utah on February 16, 2012. Authorities believe she left of her own accord. Maria may be in Mexico. She may be in the company of an adult male and they may be traveling in a 2000 Ford F-150 extended cab pickup truck with the license plate number A902VP. Few details are available in Maria's case.

and

Keyla Contreras
469552F8-D697-427A-8206-A739A90D8CFD.jpeg
Missing since January 13, 2012 from Manhattan, New York. Biracial (black/Hispanic) female, 18 years old, 5'0”, 115 lbs., black hair and eyes. Her ears are pierced and she is deaf and mute. Contreras was last seen at her home in the 2300 block of 2nd Avenue near east 122nd Street in the New York City borough of Manhattan at 7:00 a.m. on January 13, 2012.

ETA: I forgot to add one.. Monica Dolores – The Charley Project

Last edited:
I don’t think these have been mentioned before, but I’m only able to see 12 rule outs on NamUs and I could have sworn there was a longer list somewhere :confused: These two aren’t on the list I’m able to see.

Maria Ines Salazar
View attachment 238470
Missing since February 16, 2012 from Snowville, Utah. Hispanic female, 14 years old, 5’1”, 127 lbs., brown hair and eyes. Her ears are pierced.
Maria disappeared from Snowville, Utah on February 16, 2012. Authorities believe she left of her own accord. Maria may be in Mexico. She may be in the company of an adult male and they may be traveling in a 2000 Ford F-150 extended cab pickup truck with the license plate number A902VP. Few details are available in Maria's case.

and

Keyla Contreras
View attachment 238471
Missing since January 13, 2012 from Manhattan, New York. Biracial (black/Hispanic) female, 18 years old, 5'0”, 115 lbs., black hair and eyes. Her ears are pierced and she is deaf and mute. Contreras was last seen at her home in the 2300 block of 2nd Avenue near east 122nd Street in the New York City borough of Manhattan at 7:00 a.m. on January 13, 2012.

ETA: I forgot to add one.. Monica Dolores – The Charley Project

Maria definitely resembles the reconstruction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back