TX TX - Houston, premature fem infant, UP3313 poss. thrown from vehicle, February'02

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Melt71

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP3313 Female, Multiple
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/3313/details?nav

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case NumberOC02-049

Demographics​

Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age Group Infant
Estimated Year of Death 2002
Height 1' 6"(18 inches) , Estimated
Weight 5 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances​

Location Houston, Texas
County Harris County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)29.622900N , -95.492606W
Circumstances of Recovery INFANT F0UND IN A DITCH D0WN A DRIVEWAY F0R UNI0N CRUDE 0PERATING C0 0N BLUE RIDGE RD IN F0RT BEND C0UNTY//SHE WAS WRAPPED IN A RED BLANKET, PLACED IN A RED AND WHITE T0TE BAG WITH Z0MIG, Z0LMITRIPTAN AND A WEBSITE ADDRESS WRITTEN 0N IT// BELIEIVED T0 BE AB0UT 33 WEEKS GESTATI0N

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Physical Description​

Hair Color Black
Head Hair DescriptionBlack

Circumstances of Discovery​

The infant was found in a ditch close to the driveway of Union Crude Operating Co., near Willowridge High School in the 16100 block of Blue Ridge by a man going to look at oil field equipment. Her umbilical cord was still attached.

She was lying next to the remains of a decomposing dog. She was partially wrapped in a red blanket and lying next to a red and white tote bag.

She had scrapes and abrasions on her body, suggesting she had been thrown from a vehicle, then fell out of the bag and slid across the ditch. The cause of her death was ruled to be exposure.

Was there any connection to the dog or was it just happenstance that the infant landed next to the dog? Reason I ask is people might remember the dog and be a clue to the owner's identity who may be connected to the infant's mother. I wonder if they have more information in regards to size, breed, identifying features, time of death, and even cause of death. The dog could even be microchipped.

It's possible the baby's mother is a victim too.

But, speculation-- I'm going to guess they just didn't want to go to a hospital. Still, why not leave the baby outside a hospital?

This happened back in 2002 but was never solved? There have been similar cases being solved lately, though.

Per Google, the meds listed treat migraines?

Hopefully LE (or a newspaper reporter) asked OB providers about pregnant women in the racial group & pregnancy date range with those 2 meds prescribed.

I understand HIPPA fairly well, and want all the protections HIPPA provides but imho that mother needs help, and if she received regular prenatal care I expect there is a record.

jmho ymmv lrr

Per Google, the meds listed treat migraines?

Hopefully LE (or a newspaper reporter) asked OB providers about pregnant women in the racial group & pregnancy date range with those 2 meds prescribed.

I understand HIPPA fairly well, and want all the protections HIPPA provides but imho that mother needs help, and if she received regular prenatal care I expect there is a record.

jmho ymmv lrr
I doubt the bio-mother had anything to do with the medication. The bag sounds like pharmaceutical company swag, which was given out like candy (before being banned in 2010ish) to doctors, nurses, and sometimes anyone behind the desk at a hospital or office. It often ended up in thrift shops and the like. Zomig was approved for the US market in 1997.

This appears to be the same bag:
s-l16001.jpg

Oh, wow, @Puzzleworth & fellow posters, I thought that the 2 listed drugs were from the infant's autopsy report!!!

I do get plenty of exercise jumping to conclusions, and have been know to add dots while trying to connect the dots provided....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back