Identified! TX - Houston, WhtFem 18-25, UP701 & WhtMale 20-30, UP703, in woods, Jan'81 - Dean and Tina Clouse

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure if I ever responded. If I did and I’m repeating myself, I apologize.

Gayle Cater was picked up in this same area Sept of 1978. She was found dumped in a lake about 20 miles away. I have her death certificate and Autopsy that confirms location her address last seen alive at her Maxy rd location.

During the course of the investigation there was 2nd woman picked up on Maxey/Federal Road. She was raped but was able to get away. She described her attacker. With a brownish blonde hair/blue eyes she describe the truck a d somehow knew he was Originally from Alabama.

3rd Victim was my biological mother. She was picked up on Maxey rd (1 mile from Gayle Caters home) Take into the approximate same location and was allegedly left for dead. After she was released from the hospital she was admitted to the psychiatric hospital in Austin Texas. A month or so later she found out she was pregnant with me.

Fast forward to the advancements in DNA. Before the Golden State killer made this technology famous. I discovered who my mothers rapist was a.k.a. My biological father. Get this...He had brownish blond hair/blue eyes was from Alabama and drove a work truck similar to that which is the second victim described.

3 Victims/1 murder all within a 1 to 2 mile radius.
My biological father was caught
A couple of months later when attempting to rape a husband and wife in Freeport Texas. So at the very least I can say without a doubt he was a serial rapist. Based on circumstantial evidence, I believe he’s responsible for much more.

During the course of the investigation
Thank you for sharing this!
I think everyone reading here ought to go back to the earlier part of this thread and re-read Walkingproof’s posts. He apparently wa conceived when his Mom was raped. The rapist was quite possibly also responsible for Gayle Carter who was also an UID, and buried alongside Dean and Tina Clouse I believe. Before we all jump into the religious cult theory, this alternative also needs consideration. Jmo.
To me, the implications of Walkingproof's information (serial killer) makes far more sense than suggesting the Jesus People were responsible, because they were not murderers.

Did Walkingproof identify his father? Is he still living?

Obviously my speculation, but my thought is that if they were this quick to announce she's been found, her adoptive parents likely aren't suspects and she likely already knew she was adopted. It's interesting that the article speculates/asks if Dean and Tina were the ones that gave her up for adoption as well, to me that could mean that circumstances concerning her adoption could so far be a dead end as to finding out what happened to Dean and Tina (though there seems to be no indications of far along they are with that part of the investigation).

her adoptive parents likely aren't suspects and she likely already knew she was adopted.
I agree, this is likely.
What is interesting: Holly was a toddler
By the 1960's, baby snatching seemed to be confined to newborns.
By 1980, I wonder how Holly got into an adoption system? If her parents gave her up, it would make sense. However, if she was snatched, then she would probably only be available on a black market.

Oh wow!
Holly had no resistance, so Holly must have known that she was "adopted". MOO

Usually it takes days or weeks to process something like this, so Holly may have known something was iffy...Maybe she was already searching for her bio-family? MOO

OAG Senior Counsel Mindy Montford and Det. Craig Holloman with Lewisville Police Department, where the young family went missing, arrived at Holly’s place of employment Tuesday, on what would have been her father Dean’s 63rd birthday.
Just hours later, the Oklahoma mother of five was reunited online with her family on both sides.

This is amazing!

I wonder what her story is?
Yes, maybe Hollie's searches helped the investigation

From the presser:
Baby Holly was left at a church in Arizona by a religious group.
The women fit the description as the woman who brought the car back to Dean's family.
The women were nomadic and wore robes.

The family who raised Holly are not suspects

I will wait until the media can transcribe and fill in the details!

Last edited:
Speculation of course, but the timeline seems to be they left Florida in 1980. Family received letters from Texas. Last letter in October. Their bodies are found in January 1981 and "they seemed to be there for a while but their faces were recognizable."

So, I'm wondering what the letters were like? Letters from both Tina and Dean? Or only one of them? Were the letters upbeat? Happy? Or do they describe challenges? Unhappiness? What was in the last letter in October?

My impression is that the parents did not give up the child for adoption. What would happen from October through January that would spur them to do that rather than one or the other contacting family in Florida if they needed help? If there were problems in the relationship, maybe Tina would have come home to Florida? Wouldn't both of them have to sign over the child? Dean obviously didn't murder Tina so someone murdered both of them and possibly sexually assaulted Tina. If they left the child with a babysitter and then met their fate, why wouldn't that person contact law enforcement and child services and a search be done for extended family?

I don't know, but a lot of questions here...

Speculation of course, but the timeline seems to be they left Florida in 1980. Family received letters from Texas. Last letter in October. Their bodies are found in January 1981 and "they seemed to be there for a while but their faces were recognizable."

So, I'm wondering what the letters were like? Letters from both Tina and Dean? Or only one of them? Were the letters upbeat? Happy? Or do they describe challenges? Unhappiness? What was in the last letter in October?

My impression is that the parents did not give up the child for adoption. What would happen from October through January that would spur them to do that rather than one or the other contacting family in Florida if they needed help? If there were problems in the relationship, maybe Tina would have come home to Florida? Wouldn't both of them have to sign over the child? Dean obviously didn't murder Tina so someone murdered both of them and possibly sexually assaulted Tina. If they left the child with a babysitter and then met their fate, why wouldn't that person contact law enforcement and child services and a search be done for extended family?

Based on the presser, I don't believe they gave Holly up for adoption

She was left at an Arizona church by a nomadic religious group who wore robes and were barefoot

Presser did not say if the church had an affiliation with this group or if it was just a random church

Based on the presser, I don't believe they gave Holly up for adoption

She was left at an Arizona church by a nomadic religious group who wore robes and were barefoot

Presser did not say if the church had an affiliation with this group or if it was just a random church
Yes, and in the presser they said the group had left another child previously in the same area (Yuma AZ). I am somewhat shocked that more wasn’t done to them for child abandonment.

also, in the presser it was revealed that when the women made the car drop off back to Deans mother, she alerted the police and the women were temporarily in custody for questioning. They were released, and makes sense because no one knew about the murder yet. Unfortunately they have not yet found the original police report which may have some IDs in it. Hopefully they can still find some paperwork from way back then.

Thank you for sharing this!

To me, the implications of Walkingproof's information (serial killer) makes far more sense than suggesting the Jesus People were responsible, because they were not murderers.

Did Walkingproof identify his father? Is he still living?
I read a ton last night, all I remember was that the bio Dad was imprisoned. Not sure for what, not sure if he is still alive, and I don’t remember ever reading a name.

My feeling is they were in the cult, left the baby with members whilst they went to do something, met a horrific fate & the cult members then took the baby to the church as They didn't know where the parents had gone.

Yes, and in the presser they said the group had left another child previously in the same area (Yuma AZ). I am somewhat shocked that more wasn’t done to them for child abandonment.

also, in the presser it was revealed that when the women made the car drop off back to Deans mother, she alerted the police and the women were temporarily in custody for questioning. They were released, and makes sense because no one knew about the murder yet. Unfortunately they have not yet found the original police report which may have some IDs in it. Hopefully they can still find some paperwork from way back then.

This is also making me feel worried about the other child who was abandoned. What happened to that child's parent(s)? could they also have been murdered?

These abandoned children are making me think of a video that I can't find where an expert described how children represent a real problem for cults. They remind the parents of an emotional bond that should supersede the parents' attachment to the cult ideology.

If I find the video I'll post.

I'm so glad to hear Holly has been found alive and well! I was so worried we would never know or that we would find out the worst. Wonderful to hear that she is OK and has a family. She really does look just like Tina.

The details about the religious cult baby abandonment is some really disturbing stuff. Abandoning another baby at a laundromat too? WTF?

I'm glad it sounds like there isn't any chance her adoptive parents were involved in the murders.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back