TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the pic the necklace looks round to me, but it could be obscured. 10th grade is 15-16 years old, correct?
I tried looking for the 1979 yearbook but it's not available on classmates. If anyone has access to it, maybe search for her there.

Update on Chenealogy Work:

“Our Jane Doe is under comparison with a missing 18-yr old from Louisiana. Ms. Mary Rodermund is being compared, and collection of a reference genetic sample from a family member of Mary has been unsuccessful. Hopes for the best!”

I'm familiar with the case of Mary Rodermund and I never, ever would have thought that WCJD could be her. Interesting.....

Name attached to photo is Tammy Young. She does not show up in the 81-82 yearbooks, unfortunately it seems like a pretty popular name as I have tried searching it, but maybe one of you can find more than I did
Sorry, just to be clear is Tammy Young the girl from the reddit pic wearing the necklace? I think she looks a lot like WCJD!

There are no doubt people around that knew rodermund have they been asked to provide any ID from pics of WCJD I wonder.

She would have been missing for two years and that would really fall outside what Robert Hohenberger did with the other girls. If he was in fact her killer.
Did he do kidnapping calls for other victims? Or was that just a cruel hoax?

She would have been missing for two years and that would really fall outside what Robert Hohenberger did with the other girls. If he was in fact her killer.
Did he do kidnapping calls for other victims? Or was that just a cruel hoax?
Took me a second to think of what that reminded me of. Have you watched the Lake Erie Murders? The girl who was taken from the shopping center and called her mom saying she was home but she was with the killer. Killed and dumped but not found for like 100 days.
I don't find much information about Mary's disappearance. I did find something written by her brother but he doesn't allude to anything that would make his sister a runaway or any connection to Texas.

Not to my knowledge but I am just now kind of reading up on him. He seemed to stick to patterns. “Always in Thursday’s. And always soon after dark..”. Used a badge to coax his victims to trust him. But beside that he was killed in 1978 I think.

Took me a second to think of what that reminded me of. Have you watched the Lake Erie Murders? The girl who was taken from the shopping center and called her mom saying she was home but she was with the killer. Killed and dumped but not found for like 100 days.
I don't find much information about Mary's disappearance. I did find something written by her brother but he doesn't allude to anything that would make his sister a runaway or any connection to Texas.
I haven't watched that but I'll have to. Mary's ransom call sounded like it didn't mention where or when the money was supposed to be dropped off. I know when the Lyon sisters disappeared there was a fake ransom thing. Did her kidnapping make the news at the time? If the call came before anyone would have known she was missing it wouldn't be a random crank call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove