TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She would have been missing for two years and that would really fall outside what Robert Hohenberger did with the other girls. If he was in fact her killer.
Not to my knowledge but I am just now kind of reading up on him. He seemed to stick to patterns. “Always in Thursday’s. And always soon after dark..”. Used a badge to coax his victims to trust him. But beside that he was killed in 1978 I think.

Yes, he was killed by LE in an attempt to flee in June 1978.

Yes, he was killed by LE in an attempt to flee in June 1978.
If WCJD is Mary where was Mary for 2 years? Is it possible because she went missing at the same time Robert Hohenberger was killing young women so she was assumed to be his victim? Could having a serial killer out there have prevented other avenues of investigation? Is there a chance he had a partner? That's probably way out there. He was in prison in CA and rior to that in LE could he have been connected to anyone at the Ellis Prison?

If WCJD is Mary where was Mary for 2 years? Is it possible because she went missing at the same time Robert Hohenberger was killing young women so she was assumed to be his victim? Could having a serial killer out there have prevented other avenues of investigation? Is there a chance he had a partner? That's probably way out there. He was in prison in CA and rior to that in LE could he have been connected to anyone at the Ellis Prison?

It is completely possible Mary was a wanderer. She could’ve been living with someone - for all we know she could’gave just traveled to Texas.

It is completely possible Mary was a wanderer. She could’ve been living with someone - for all we know she could’gave just traveled to Texas.
Would she have pretended to be kidnapped? If the ransom call wasn't a hoax by someone else that's a big difference than Hohenbergers other victims. If she was the type to leave or wander off that means she could have been traveling for 2 years of her own free will. I had a hard time finding anything that gave an idea of what her home life was like.

Would she have pretended to be kidnapped? If the ransom call wasn't a hoax by someone else that's a big difference than Hohenbergers other victims. If she was the type to leave or wander off that means she could have been traveling for 2 years of her own free will. I had a hard time finding anything that gave an idea of what her home life was like.

The ransom call could be a hoax, which I believe. Remember the case of Angie Meeker? She was originally believed to be a green river victim, but she is still missing and no longer believed to be a green river victim.

I don’t disagree that that is a possibility but with the concern from her family and the circumstances around her disappearance it doesn’t seem that way. It seems that she had a normal home wife went to the store and disappeared leaving her car. I mean what was she 16? I don’t think her family thought it was a possibility that she just ran off but who knows with teenagers I guess.

I could not find much about her home life either other than the fact her immediate family was trying very hard to find her and they were a couple of articles mentioning her brother I believe who is very upset when Robert was killed by law-enforcement because they would never know for sure whether he killed her and if so where he put her bodyIt seemed from the level of concern that she was definitely loved

Going back and reading my posts I feel like I am being very skeptical. I am trying to have an open mind on this I want so bad for us all to have closure in this case my mind is just having a very hard time tying this scenario in with what we already know about our girl. Or what we assumed is true. So with that being said please no I am not trying to be negative. I just want to know 100% for sure

I could not find much about her home life either other than the fact her immediate family was trying very hard to find her and they were a couple of articles mentioning her brother I believe who is very upset when Robert was killed by law-enforcement because they would never know for sure whether he killed her and if so where he put her body
It seemed like Robert could have had many victims. In some articles it says he was paroled in others it seems to imply he escaped prison. It could mean he skipped out on his parole and changed his name and left the state, so if he was caught he would have to go back to jail idk. It's unfair he took his secrets to the grave.

step0003.jpg
mary_leah_rodermund_2.jpg
beha9g.png

In the yearbook Mary is listed as 'Leah Rodermund' perhaps she went by her middle name

Last edited:
Necklace shes wearing in the YB photo seems to be a cross. It does say she was wearing a gold chain necklace when she went missing, I wonder if it was the same one.

This is her Sophomore photo in 1978, she went missing when she was 16 so I'm assuming she was 15/16 in this picture
She could pass for being older. Pictures can sometime be deceiving depending on the lighting and how the person is positioned or their expression. If it is her 2 years can change someone especially if they lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove