TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case and reading this thread has me thinking. Someone had mentioned Beeville in a thread. I know at one time that was the only TDCJ office training facility in Texas. Is it possible the boyfriend in question was a trainee she met and he was assigned to Ellis Unit?

I had a bit of free time so I went yearbook digging to see if I could find anything about Tammy.

The only things I managed to get was that she sang in the school's choir (pictured below). The choir photo isn't from left to right so I haven't been able to find her..
mCfeOv6.png
AgZ66En.png

I had a bit of free time so I went yearbook digging to see if I could find anything about Tammy.

The only things I managed to get was that she sang in the school's choir (pictured below). The choir photo isn't from left to right so I haven't been able to find her..
mCfeOv6.png
AgZ66En.png

Great find!
Newbie jumping in here, but to my eye there are two girls in this photo who look similar to WCJD. The girl standing looks to be a minimum of 5’6” and a slim 108 lbs. Her sandals are visible beneath her gown. They could be platform? That could give her an inch or two in height, and make her seem more mature. Riffing here, but: could they be red? With the seated girl, it is hard to guess her height, but she appears slim. Both their faces appear similar to WCJD, and strangely enough, to each other.

Attachments

• CC327A5C-26F5-457E-9511-3089DDABF3C5.jpeg
    CC327A5C-26F5-457E-9511-3089DDABF3C5.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 136
Great find!
Newbie jumping in here, but to my eye there are two girls in this photo who look similar to WCJD. The girl standing looks to be a minimum of 5’6” and a slim 108 lbs. Her sandals are visible beneath her gown. They could be platform? That could give her an inch or two in height, and make her seem more mature. Riffing here, but: could they be red? With the seated girl, it is hard to guess her height, but she appears slim. Both their faces appear similar to WCJD, and strangely enough, to each other.
I was also thinking about the seated girl!

I was also thinking about the seated girl!

Ah, as was I! She was the first person I thought of: The hair and general facial structure looks similar.

At least we know Tammy might be remembered by members of the choir perhaps? We don't even know if this Tammy is alive.

I went on Facebook a few days ago and I'm pretty sure I found one of the people that were in the same row as Tammy in the yearbook and, what is more, that person still lives in the Rockport area and has the high school that Tammy went to listed as the hs they went to. I'm not sure if doing stuff like that is allowed here, so I didn't post any names ofc and decided not to bother them, but I have a feeling that if anyone was able to tell us anything about Tammy, that person is like our best bet.

I went on Facebook a few days ago and I'm pretty sure I found one of the people that were in the same row as Tammy in the yearbook and, what is more, that person still lives in the Rockport area and has the high school that Tammy went to listed as the hs they went to. I'm not sure if doing stuff like that is allowed here, so I didn't post any names ofc and decided not to bother them, but I have a feeling that if anyone was able to tell us anything about Tammy, that person is like our best bet.

Ah, that's great! If they had a public friends list, did you search Tammy in it to see if there were any results?

If there was none, I'd personally message them saying something like: "Hi there, I'm looking for someone I haven't seen since 1980 who I believe you went to school with. Do you remember Tammy Young?" (and show a photo of her)

Ah, that's great! If they had a public friends list, did you search Tammy in it to see if there were any results?

If there was none, I'd personally message them saying something like: "Hi there, I'm looking for someone I haven't seen since 1980 who I believe you went to school with. Do you remember Tammy Young?" (and show a photo of her)
No, the friends list isn't public. I'm hesitating wheter to message them or not, because not only I'm only 23 years old and in my profile photo I look like I was 16, but also I'm from a different country and I'm afraid that a message from someone like me would look very fishy.

No, the friends list isn't public. I'm hesitating wheter to message them or not, because not only I'm only 23 years old and in my profile photo I look like I was 16, but also I'm from a different country and I'm afraid that a message from someone like me would look very fishy.
You did good!
Wish that I had time to deep dive into this, but my vacay finished last week. I will check back when I have some uninterrupted time to see if no one else has made contact.

I am willing to message this person if you like? I tried to search her classmates on Facebook too but I couldn't find the right people.

Try the first man, the one named Jeff. I think it's him on FB. He lives in Rockport area and has the high school that Tammy went to listed as his hs. And I think he's about the right age.

Reactions: DD8
I have looked at several different Rockport/Aransas Pass pages and they had posted the story and picture from the WCJD fb page. No one yet seems to have any memory of her. The police also searched the yearbooks for the schools and came up with nothing so I wonder if Tammy Young was one of the girls they checked out?
I looked for historical records of Tammy Young in Texas. The closest I have come to a connection to that area is a Tammie Young born in Nueces County. If anyone has a membership to ancestry.com there is a high school record (not sure what that means) for a girl by that name but it doesn't let me view it without paying.

Hi, I'm new on websleuths and I recently came across a video interview of Carl K about helping solve cases. That video was so inspiring, I joined Websleuths after I finished it, because I would like to help with the cases.

One thing I thought about WCJD and her wanting to go visit the prison was: "what if she was the daughter of a victim of one of the prisoners there? And maybe she found out about a crime and wanted to confront the perpetrator?" Or maybe she found out who her parents were and maybe her biological father was a prisoner there?

Just thinking out loud :)

I have looked at several different Rockport/Aransas Pass pages and they had posted the story and picture from the WCJD fb page. No one yet seems to have any memory of her. The police also searched the yearbooks for the schools and came up with nothing so I wonder if Tammy Young was one of the girls they checked out?
I looked for historical records of Tammy Young in Texas. The closest I have come to a connection to that area is a Tammie Young born in Nueces County. If anyone has a membership to ancestry.com there is a high school record (not sure what that means) for a girl by that name but it doesn't let me view it without paying.

I have an account. I'll check tonight or tomorrow morning.

Is there a way the prison can put her picture out again. Maybe make sure to hit any that was there in in 1980. Maybe ho ever she was visiting wasn't in Ellis anymore. Maybe her death wasn't taken as seriously by guards or whoever was in charge of talking to inmates. It's possible they thought she was using the prison to sound tough and maybe assumed she was going to be claimed by her family quickly. Since that hasn't happened, why not start at the beginning?

Hi, I'm new on websleuths and I recently came across a video interview of Carl K about helping solve cases. That video was so inspiring, I joined Websleuths after I finished it, because I would like to help with the cases.

One thing I thought about WCJD and her wanting to go visit the prison was: "what if she was the daughter of a victim of one of the prisoners there? And maybe she found out about a crime and wanted to confront the perpetrator?" Or maybe she found out who her parents were and maybe her biological father was a prisoner there?

Welcome! I think they should check prison recorders and see if anyone in Ellis or other units recognizes her. She might have had the last location for someone in ellis unit but they could have been in another unit or moved to one. They should go back to lifers and not stick with one unit. Maybe they can try the whole state of Texas and get her picture out there. It's not like her identity is something a snitch can use offering potential names is something there is no shortage of. If she visited before or someone expected a visit from their daughter, friend, relative, victim etc. in 1980 and they never showed maybe this is why. I don't know if your family or friend not showing up to see you in prison is cause to get them listed as missing or have authorities involved if you trusted them enough. I'm going with probably not. When you are separated from people by incarceration people lose touch. If you are in prison you might think someone moved on and if you don't have solid contacts outside you can't confirm if a daughter, granddaughter, girlfriend, or friend is safe and alive.

Both ideas have been suggested since the reports always said she claimed she was visiting "a friend". However, recently we found an article which interviewed a detective who worked on the case and he said it was a "boyfriend" she claimed she was going to see. That doesn't mean she was actually telling the truth about her reasons for going there. It has crossed my mind that she could have been a protester and was going to protest an execution. That would explain why she wasn't worried about getting there during visiting hours because most of the time I think the executions take place in the middle of the night or very early morning.
Welcome! I think they should check prison recorders and see if anyone in Ellis or other units recognizes her. She might have had the last location for someone in ellis unit but they could have been in another unit or moved to one. They should go back to lifers and not stick with one unit. Maybe they can try the whole state of Texas and get her picture out there. It's not like her identity is something a snitch can use offering potential names is something there is no shortage of. If she visited before or someone expected a visit from their daughter, friend, relative, victim etc. in 1980 and they never showed maybe this is why. I don't know if your family or friend not showing up to see you in prison is cause to get them listed as missing or have authorities involved if you trusted them enough. I'm going with probably not. When you are separated from people by incarceration people lose touch. If you are in prison you might think someone moved on and if you don't have solid contacts outside you can't confirm if a daughter, granddaughter, girlfriend, or friend is safe and alive.
Some times law enforcement has made decks of playing cards with victims or Does and passed them out in the prisons. I don't know much about them though. I made a list of the current death row inmates that have been there since 1980 or longer. I only came up with 6 names.

Both ideas have been suggested since the reports always said she claimed she was visiting "a friend". However, recently we found an article which interviewed a detective who worked on the case and he said it was a "boyfriend" she claimed she was going to see. That doesn't mean she was actually telling the truth about her reasons for going there. It has crossed my mind that she could have been a protester and was going to protest an execution. That would explain why she wasn't worried about getting there during visiting hours because most of the time I think the executions take place in the middle of the night or very early morning.

Some times law enforcement has made decks of playing cards with victims or Does and passed them out in the prisons. I don't know much about them though. I made a list of the current death row inmates that have been there since 1980 or longer. I only came up with 6 names.

6 is more than zero. IDo they have lifers around and not just in Ellis unit. Would contacting them be insane? Maybe at the time it was assumed that a healthy white teenage or young adult female would have someone looking for her. People might be looking or were looking but after 29 years why not revisit the prison angle.

6 is more than zero. IDo they have lifers around and not just in Ellis unit. Would contacting them be insane? Maybe at the time it was assumed that a healthy white teenage or young adult female would have someone looking for her. People might be looking or were looking but after 29 years why not revisit the prison angle.
They keep death row in a different unit now but I don't remember which one. I am curious if they showed them a picture when they questioned prisoners and if so what picture.

They keep death row in a different unit now but I don't remember which one. I am curious if they showed them a picture when they questioned prisoners and if so what picture.

It's possible they didn't. They might not have shared her morgue photos with inmates (that could be *advertiser censored* for some). It's possible the person she was visiting was transferred to another unit. The facial reconstruction might not have been as good as they are now and describing her clothing to someone who she was going to see would mean they wouldn't know what shirt she was wearing. Saying you are looking for connections to a dead girl might scare inmates off, no one wants another crime pinned to them. When you are asking about something that happened in 1980 and just want to know if someone knows her name it might be different. idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487