Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow

"I just received a message from a friend of the family of the girl formerly known as Walker County Jane Doe.
Walker County Jane Doe has been identified. She was not from the state of Texas. All of the persons about whom there has been speculation, including a girl shown in a photo that just surfaced today are not WCJD.
The family is obviously traumatized by the news, and has requested that I keep any specifics in confidence, and I am honoring that request.
There are still many members of her family who have not received the news, and for the time being, they want to maintain a circle of privacy. They have been following in recent days how much attention this case has attracted over the years, and need time to grieve before any information about her goes public.
Thank you all for your interest in this case, and thank you for your understanding.
Carl K"
That’s terrible. I really suspected she either didn’t have much of a family or they were estranged.
If they aren’t from Texas, they might have even seen the story at some point and never made the connection, since she claimed to be from there.

Carl said it wasn't any of the girls pictured or speculated to be about her.

He also commented that she was reported missing, but her report seems to have been lost in the jumble of missing children's cases in the 80s, and that she was loved and missed by family and friends and didn't come from a dysfunctional/neglectful home.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is reopened but please take note:

Walker County Jane Doe has been identified but at this time her real name has not been released to the public. We aren't sure when that will happen, if ever.

If anyone stumbles across Jane Doe's real identity while surfing the net, do not under any circumstances publish her identity here at Websleuths.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member