Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #5 - Sherri Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL....Huntsville just ain't on my travel destination. Especially when I see the number of prisons..LOL It's actually an infamous place..LOL :D

Port Aransas is the beach town. Port Aransas is across the bay from Aransas Pass.

TBH, I live only 100 miles from Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Aransas Pass etc. If someone said they were from Aransas Pass or Port Aransas, I would not notice the difference. Port Aransas, Padres Island are our closest beaches.

Hubby is born and raised Tejano and I asked him, "Do you know the difference between Aransas Pass and Port Aransas?"
He replied, "No".

Unless the waitress herself was familiar with Corpus area, she may not have remembered correctly.

Sherry grew up quite close to Wisconsin. Both her bio parents were from Wisconsin. Sherry may have been familiar enough with Wisconsin, but it certainly wasn't on the way to Colorado! I personally feel, she met people along with the way and she may have run away with no specific plan when she took off from the court house.

No one knows why Tammy Jo Alexander was in Caledonia, New York.

Her dad was originally from Central Wisconsin, but Sherry did not have parental grandparents living in the area at time. (Passed away in 1963 and 1978). Her maternal grandparents were up near Lake Superior, which was in the opposite direction.

Attached image: Port Aransas and Aransas Pass. (Ferry is the quickest route)
I never had any specific reason for going anywhere I ended up after running away from home...any connections I made after the fact, were simply happenstance.

I never had any specific reason for going anywhere I ended up after running away from home...any connections I made after the fact, were simply happenstance.

OT:
I had an ex like this. Not a runaway, just someone who went wherever the wind blew. Sometimes heading in one direction, and then ending up somewhere completely different or unexpected, with no rhyme or reason. And no matter where he went, he usually made friends or connections.

Hi Sleuths.
I'm not sure how useful or accurate the timeline (below) is. I pieced it together from various sources, and I'm just putting it out there to elicit further discussion, or in case folks want to, fill in blanks. I want to say up front that my speculations may be offensive to some Jarvis family members (e.g., how "Tati" got her name, and the possible step relationships of family members).

I am very curious about her childhood and what her motivations were. I like to think of Sherri as a free-spirit who probably loved going to the Minnesota State Fair to visit the horses, hang out with other free spirits who were seeking something beyond the humdrum of public school and perhaps small town life. Sadly, she just had no idea how much evil in the world there is and trusted the wrong people/person. I hope that while the arc of her life was short, it was also filled some exciting adventures.

I don't know how to contact any Jarvises, so I am asking for forgiveness rather than permission to share what I've gleaned from sources like Ancestry.com.

Chuck

PS: I'm sorry this table is small but I can't seem to make it bigger or even attach it to this posting.

upload_2022-4-13_0-56-59.png

Hi Sleuths.
I'm not sure how useful or accurate the timeline (below) is. I pieced it together from various sources, and I'm just putting it out there to elicit further discussion, or in case folks want to, fill in blanks. I want to say up front that my speculations may be offensive to some Jarvis family members (e.g., how "Tati" got her name, and the possible step relationships of family members).

I am very curious about her childhood and what her motivations were. I like to think of Sherri as a free-spirit who probably loved going to the Minnesota State Fair to visit the horses, hang out with other free spirits who were seeking something beyond the humdrum of public school and perhaps small town life. Sadly, she just had no idea how much evil in the world there is and trusted the wrong people/person. I hope that while the arc of her life was short, it was also filled some exciting adventures.

I don't know how to contact any Jarvises, so I am asking for forgiveness rather than permission to share what I've gleaned from sources like Ancestry.com.

Chuck

PS: I'm sorry this table is small but I can't seem to make it bigger or even attach it to this posting.

View attachment 339819
Are there any dental records of Rhoades?

Interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Back to the older remark from Friday about Tammy Jo--she wasn't thought to have spent time living in NY though, the way Sherri was in the small town in Texas, was she?

I can understand being a super free spirit type when you're a little older, but a barely 14 year-old girl bouncing around wherever the wind blows seems really unlikely to me. I would think you would be with an older person(s), if even slightly so, a group of other runaways, or part of something else, like the kids who used to follow bands like the Grateful Dead, etc.

OT:
I had an ex like this. Not a runaway, just someone who went wherever the wind blew. Sometimes heading in one direction, and then ending up somewhere completely different or unexpected, with no rhyme or reason. And no matter where he went, he usually made friends or connections.

My brother was like that, too, in the 70s before he got married and settled down. Just a drifter.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Back to the older remark from Friday about Tammy Jo--she wasn't thought to have spent time living in NY though, the way Sherri was in the small town in Texas, was she?

I can understand being a super free spirit type when you're a little older, but a barely 14 year-old girl bouncing around wherever the wind blows seems really unlikely to me. I would think you would be with an older person(s), if even slightly so, a group of other runaways, or part of something else, like the kids who used to follow bands like the Grateful Dead, etc.
You're welcome. I was only trying to help...I ran away several times, had a really hard time growing up. I ran away from a foster home, that my Dad and stepmother put me in, because I wouldn't stop running. I would have ran away with probably anyone. At that age, you don't realize the evil that exists. I was very naive. I would have trusted anyone that had a good line.
Poor child, it definitely could have been me.

My hunch is: They are looking for witnesses who saw Sherri after she went missing.

I take the POI statement with a grain of salt. They could be looking at known serial killers who are dead or incarcerated. (They can probably track their whereabouts on Oct 31, 1980)

Henry Lee Lucas was ruled out for Orange Socks because they found a work time-stamp which placed him in another state at the time.
So based on the bite impressions, they ruled him out for Sherri? I don't recall anything else ruling him out for Sherri, that's just crazy. I'm pretty sure more than a few killers have left bite marks on their victims, but how many did in that time and place??

So based on the bite impressions, they ruled him out for Sherri? I don't recall anything else ruling him out for Sherri, that's just crazy. I'm pretty sure more than a few killers have left bite marks on their victims, but how many did in that time and place??

No.
Henry Lee Lucas was found guilty of Orange Socks murder based on his confession. (Sentenced to death)

Later Henry appealed his conviction and his confession.

During his appeal, he proved was in Florida when Orange Socks was killed and he was exonerated.

They may or may not have Henry's records regarding his whereabouts on Oct 31, 1980.

Henry was not a truck driver to the best of my knowledge. Sherri was thrown from a fairly high vehicle.

Are there any dental records of Rhoades?

I don't know if they have bite mark impressions or DNA for Robert Ben Rhoades, aka the "Truck Stop Killer", but he's an obvious candidate and I'm betting they've recently visited him in the Illinois prison where he is incarcerated. His MO seems to fit what happened to Sherri quite well. He was actively raping and killing on his trucking routes during this time while he lived in Houston. There has been significant forensic analyasis of his travel log books, and I suspect he traveled through Huntsville routinely.
Robert Ben Rhoades - Wikipedia

Chuck

Last edited:
You're welcome. I was only trying to help...I ran away several times, had a really hard time growing up. I ran away from a foster home, that my Dad and stepmother put me in, because I wouldn't stop running. I would have ran away with probably anyone. At that age, you don't realize the evil that exists. I was very naive. I would have trusted anyone that had a good line.
Poor child, it definitely could have been me.

I'm glad you came through OK. How incredibly scary. :(

I don't know if they have bite mark impressions or DNA for Robert Ben Rhoades, aka the "Truck Stop Killer", but he's an obvious candidate and I'm betting they've recently visited him in the Illinois prison where he is incarcerated. His MO seems to fit what happened to Sherri quite well. He was actively raping and killing on his trucking routes during this time while he lived in Houston. There has been significant forensic analyasis of his travel log books, and I suspect he traveled through Huntsville routinely.
Robert Ben Rhoades - Wikipedia

Chuck
Is he incarcerated in Marion, Illinois?? That's where I am from! I don't know very much about him...I wish we knew for sure if they visited him.

Is he incarcerated in Marion, Illinois?? That's where I am from! I don't know very much about him...I wish we knew for sure if they visited him.
According to his Wiki page "Rhoades continues serving his life without parole sentence at the maximum-security Menard Correctional Center in Chester, Illinois."

Not for for the faint of heart, there's been quite a bit written about the Truck Stop Killer, such as Murder Minute
This sadistic *advertiser censored* had a torture chamber in his truck and liked taking posed photos of his victims before killing them.

Last edited:
According to his Wiki page "Rhoades continues serving his life without parole sentence at the maximum-security Menard Correctional Center in Chester, Illinois."
Thanks. I was thinking of the federal prison named Menard in Marion..Still close to Chester. I am familiar with that area, Southern Illinois.

I think that I may have found a connection with to Colorado!! (Speculation)
Horrifying Details About Timothy Jay Vafeades, the "Vampire Trucker" The company that Timothy Jay Vafeades ran - Twilight Express Trucking - had one truck, his, but it had clients located throughout the country. He (and the women he held captive) made trips to various states, including Nebraska, Idaho, and Florida. According to official interstate trucking records, the business was based in Elizabeth, Colorado
Denver is less than an hour away...
Horrifying Details About Timothy Jay Vafeades, the "Vampire Trucker"
Ok. Does anyone know how old he would have been?
I got all excited and I'm probably totally wrong.

Last edited:
I think that I may have found a connection with to Colorado!! (Speculation)
Horrifying Details About Timothy Jay Vafeades, the "Vampire Trucker" The company that Timothy Jay Vafeades ran - Twilight Express Trucking - had one truck, his, but it had clients located throughout the country. He (and the women he held captive) made trips to various states, including Nebraska, Idaho, and Florida. According to official interstate trucking records, the business was based in Elizabeth, Colorado
Denver is less than an hour away...
Horrifying Details About Timothy Jay Vafeades, the "Vampire Trucker"
Ok. Does anyone know how old he would have been?
I got all excited and I'm probably totally wrong.

He would have been 20..
Kinda young...
Probably wasn't a trucker then

Omg. The tee
He would have been 20..
Kinda young...
Probably wasn't a trucker then
I'm going to try to dig a little deeper...maybe just coincidence, the Minnesota angle or maybe Sherri talked on a CB radio? I did at that age! My 'handle' was 'Afternoon Delight', we played on the CB radio all the time. My Dad was also a truck-driver, tho.

Well, imo, this is interesting wording...
"Prosecutors say he had four other victims in the decades before his 2014 arrest, and their stories would have been evidence in the trial even though the cases are too old for criminal charges."
Cross-country sex slave trucker pleads guilty in Utah

Sorry, guys, didn't mean to take over the convo. Does anyone think the guy is a viable suspect, even? Still digging, but not really good at that yet...
This newssource is twin cities, Minnesota.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back