Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old would the average trucker killer have been in 1980 and how old would they be 37 years later... seventies... eighties?

How old would the average trucker killer have been in 1980 and how old would they be 37 years later... seventies... eighties?

And it takes some time to learn to drive a big rig before a company is willing to hand the keys over to them for long-haul jobs. Very few of them are younger than their late 20's.

And most serial killers start killing in their late 20's or 30's. So I would doubt he was any younger than that.

That would put the killer in his late 60's or older now.

Ive thought about the couple being the killers, the ones she stayed with in Esquire In. They were mentioned in articles and never came forth.

One thing I find really interesting about this case is that there's so much art of her... Yet we still know practically nothing about her. Is there another case where a victim has been reconstructed as many times?

The art is of varying quality too... Especially the early pencil sketches. In a lot of the art she looks wildly different. I really don't think the one used on the Texas state website for unidentified victims looks good at all. I favor one of the NCMEC reconstructions and the most recent reconstruction here as most realistic.

I think a 3d reconstruction would be very interesting to see.

I got another message from the guy who told me about "Kathy". He now says that he doesn't believe the motel was the one in Beeville, because they had a different vehicle.

When we were in Beeville we had a 76 Granprix. That pic was taken when we were in a 1978 ford 150. I do remember this !!
I still search for this motel

I got another message from the guy who told me about "Kathy". He now says that he doesn't believe the motel was the one in Beeville, because they had a different vehicle.

When we were in Beeville we had a 76 Granprix. That pic was taken when we were in a 1978 ford 150. I do remember this !!
I still search for this motel

He was saying that this hotel in Madisonville might be the one (if that is a buried swimming pool behind the front office), but he still isn't sure.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...9a516989fd5b50!8m2!3d30.9671957!4d-95.8799922

Looking at it with street view, I don't see anywhere that looks like it was ever a pool...

It isn't visible from street view. The overhead view clearly shows a large rectangular area about the size of a swimming pool right behind the front office.

The area I have circled in red is about the only place a pool could have been. Like you said, it's hard to get a look at that area, but you can kind of zoom in on street view once you get past the front office. Just MOO, but I don't see any remnants of a pool (unlike the Beeville hotel, where it was very obvious).

Attachments

• Overhead.jpg
    Overhead.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Pool area.jpg
    Pool area.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 52
Here is my post from 2010 after I talked to Let Perkins the lead detective at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too question time line & always have. 6:30 PM in October would have been getting dark. Who would have just sent her on a 14 mile hike that time of night, no coat, down in the 30's later that night. Not to mention someone that grew up in Huntsville would know she was probably too young to visit on her own. Then she ends up going South of the station (unless someone picked her up) and West toward Hitchin Post. Either their time is wrong or someone else saw her.
If I was going to kill someone I picked up hitchhiking, I wouldn't take them to the truck stop 1st. Too may people around even late at night. Witness there supposedly said she took off walking but unless she followed her, there is no verification she ever left parking lot. I realized that after we were there with Carl. I need to go talk to them again. I'll make a list this time so, I can remember everything.

It isn't visible from street view. The overhead view clearly shows a large rectangular area about the size of a swimming pool right behind the front office.

CarlK I just called them. There was what the lady described to me as a large hot tub there. That is the (for lack of a better description) sperm shape you can see. Wonder if he knew the difference back then?

According to sunrise-sunset.org, sunset occurred in Huntsville, Texas at 5:34 PM on October 31, 1980.

I just talked to them & yes there was a large hot tub was how the lady described it.

According to sunrise-sunset.org, sunset occurred in Huntsville, Texas at 5:34 PM on October 31, 1980.

I just don't think the timing at station was correct. Why would they send her on 14 mile hike in the dark? Then watch as she headed South instead? Strange to me.

If you look on Historic Aerial Maps: https://www.historicaerials.com/ and search the motel (I just got the coordinates: 30.945168, -95.908123 from Google Maps and put that in), you can see what the motel looked like long ago. It does not have aerial maps for that exact time, but if you look at the one from 1961 and zoom in, you can just see the shape of something to the right of the building (which CADwrest circled). Looks like it could have indeed been a hot tub or small pool. I screen shot it, but I can't seem to do anything beyond a basic post here.

I wonder if the brother's first instinct was right, and the motel was actually in Richmond, TX and has been subsequently torn down. Beeville, TX is over 160 miles from the Sugarland Prison, and Madisonville, TX is almost 130. Both of those drives would have been big favors to ask of the stepfather. Richmond is only about 7 miles from Sugarland, though, which wouldn't have been unreasonable.

When the brother first told me the story, he drew this diagram of the layout of the motel, and the positioning of their room and the room Kathy was staying in, with respect to the swimming pool.

Kathy Motel.jpg

He said that it might not be exactly like this drawing, but the layout was similar to this.

When the brother first told me the story, he drew this diagram of the layout of the motel, and the positioning of their room and the room Kathy was staying in, with respect to the swimming pool.

attachment.php

He said that it might not be exactly like this drawing, but the layout was similar to this.

What does he mean by highway? Does he mean a high-speed road or the Interstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikchan