Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That part of it really doesn't make sense. BRS would not have been the person who dropped her off at the South-End Gulf Station. But perhaps she was returning to Huntsville to meet BRS some time after the tipster's husband took her to Huntsville..

I'm missing the whole BRS thing. The tip I read had names redacted so I'm a bit confused, LOL

I'm missing the whole BRS thing. The tip I read had names redacted so I'm a bit confused, LOL

The first and last redactions were the name of the tipster. All the redactions in between are the surname of a resident of Huntsville with the initials BRS. Websleuths rules don’t allow me to post names of people not publicly associated with the case, but I can refer to him by his initials.

AddiesMom found something very interesting. The name of the man referenced in this tip is the exact same somewhat uncommon name as a man arrested in Guadalupe county in 1981 for "aggravated attempted rape". The man (whose initials are BRS) attempted to rape a 13 year old Mexican immigrant girl, threatening her with a shotgun. As the girl attempted to flee, he fired the shotgun at her (which missed), and then rammed her with his truck, knocking her into a barbed wire fence before driving away.

This BRS is not the same BRS referenced in the tip who lived in Huntsville. The arrested man was born about 1945. Huntsville BRS was much older.

Do you think this two man might be related or do I misunderstand your post?

Do you think this two man might be related or do I misunderstand your post?

It is interesting that their first, middle, and last names are the same; and that their last name is not a very common one.

It is enough of a coincidence that LE should check whether they are related. I did mention it to Detective Bean when I forwarded the tip to him.

I know its probably foolish but i'm feeling optimistic that she will be ID'd within the next few years.

Wow! That is definitely intriguing! Off I go to dig:)
If all else fails,

The father was identified as having a Cajun accent. Most Cajuns are Catholic. Are Catholic baptismal records from the 1970s, late 1960s open to the general public via the Mormon Geneaolgy library? The Lewis / Louis (French name origin?) girl might have been in Louisiana, but baptized later in Texas. This would not be an unusual practice if the family was not actively religous.

WCJD recons remind me somewhat of Ami Foster (Margaux from Punky Brewster). If WCJD was as pretty as AmI and the killer really was impotent, it would go a little way to explain the extreme violence.

If all else fails,

The father was identified as having a Cajun accent. Most Cajuns are Catholic. Are Catholic baptismal records from the 1970s, late 1960s open to the general public via the Mormon Geneaolgy library? The Lewis / Louis (French name origin?) girl might have been in Louisiana, but baptized later in Texas. This would not be an unusual practice if the family was not actively religous.
I've been looking on the familysearch site but so far haven't found much that i would consider concrete information.

WCJD recons remind me somewhat of Ami Foster (Margaux from Punky Brewster). If WCJD was as pretty as AmI and the killer really was impotent, it would go a little way to explain the extreme violence.

When I see pics of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter Dannielyn, I think of WCJD.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a friend that has a slight resemblance to WCJD, especially when she wears no makeup. Really hits me hard because she could easily have been a friend of mine :(

If all else fails,

They are more easily obtained from Fr. Donald Hébert's massive 20+ volumes of Southwest Louisiana Geneaological Records. They're in nearly every library and are as exhaustive as he could make them, detailing births, marriages, deaths of mostly Catholics but he also included courthouse records. He was notorious for barging into church archives and insisting that in the absence of secular records, ecclesiastical records should be considered as such in a previously Colonial area (French then Spanish.)

He also included translations of the original documents whenever possible. They span from the first records available, i.e., not missing or stolen from the original primary documents. Many of these records, both during slavery and Reconstruction, bear priests' notes in the margins. Many people had something to hide there. A lovely man and great lover of mysteries. And yes, he was a distant cousin.

Father Hébert's also did some Galveston and Beaumont records. Louis/Lewis is not uncommon here, and could have been pronounced in the French manner.

If I can get a bit more information, perhaps from Carl, I can go to my records, yes I bought them all and he autographed a few to his 'darlin cousine'

I really like the "lewis" angle. That one seems plausible to me.

WCJD must have had friends, if not family. Why have they been so silent for 4 decades?

WCJD must have had friends, if not family. Why have they been so silent for 4 decades?

Maybe they're not silent, maybe we can't hear them yet like Tammy, Jason and how many other Does who's family was missing them and looking

Maybe they're not silent, maybe we can't hear them yet like Tammy, Jason and how many other Does who's family was missing them and looking

Jimmy Reymer, too, the NC John Doe that was recently ID'd. His sister had been looking for him since he'd gone missing.

I just thought of something. Did the investigators make a mold of the bite mark? I've read that Lucas couldn't be compared bc he received dentures by the time they wanted to compare. Would that be a mold or just a photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne