Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know what to say, that's why i didn't say anything.

I know I can be a PIA...but I really think your questions, thoughts are different..so It;s your look on this case....let's think together....

I wish there was more TV coverage for unsolved cases. There are dozens of shows which tell the stories of crimes that have been solved and they are very interesting, but unsolved cases are the ones which need the coverage most and in my opinion they are equally fascinating.

I couldn't agree more.

Cancelling "Unsolved Mysteries" was a mistake:.... Yeah, it was a refuge for actors that never should've been let out of daytime. but it was useful attention for cases and mysteries.

Even a small highlight on a popular show would be useful. ID has a show called Who killed Jane Doe, I think they should feature some of these unidentified people to get attention to them even if it was a small segment before commercials.

I'd rather see an episode devoted to WCJD than the endless rehashes of Jack the Ripper and Amelia Erheart.

I'd rather see an episode devoted to WCJD than the endless rehashes of Jack the Ripper and Amelia Erheart.

Yes that sounds great but at this point I think any coverage would be a step in the right direction on possibly getting her identified.

As Carl said, with every passing year, identifying WCJD becomes more and more difficult.

As Carl said, with every passing year, identifying WCJD becomes more and more difficult.

That is so true. Roselyr, Paul and Shadowdancer, in response to the conversations on her nudity, rape etc...correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only an object was used in her female part, and stockings shoved up there to stop bleeding, and a bite on the shoulder.

I agree with everyone that there should be shows depicting these older cases, someone could come forth!!

And what happened to the carnival workers, is this still being explored? Thanks all.

The reality: If WCJD was 15 in 1980, her friends her own age would be 53 now. Any parents and aunts and uncles would be pushing, if not already over, eighty.

The door is starting to close.

Do you think we'll ever find WCJD's true identity?
I wonder where her family is right now... do they not even miss their cousin, sister, daughter? Unless of course she were in a group home or had no family. I hope in my time I see her have her name back :(

And what happened to the carnival workers, is this still being explored? Thanks all.

It is still an open issue. Detective Bean did follow up on the tip, but was unable to locate any living persons knowledgable about the persons in question.

In addition, there is another tip we are also following up on, pertaining to a girl from Aransas Pass. I can't name her here on Websleuths, since she is not officially associated with this case, so I will refer to her by her initials NV. As usual, I offer no opinion on the credibility of this tip.

The tip came in to the Who Was Walker County Jane Doe? facebook page from a former resident of Aransas Pass, who was an alum from the Aransas Pass HS Class of 83 (whom I will call "*advertiser censored*"). The tip was in reference to a girl whose initials are NV (V standing for a Hispanic surname).

*advertiser censored* says NV was a girl who lived in the Aransas Pass area some time in the late 70's. NV spent one entire summer (the year is uncertain) living at the *advertiser censored*'s home, even though NV's own home was only a block away. NV's home was near the corner of 9th and Wilson, in one of the three houses to the northeast of that intersection . *advertiser censored* doesn't remember exactly how old NV was, but she was a year or two older than *advertiser censored*.

NV might have been living with relatives who weren't her parents, but she wasn't sure. *advertiser censored*'s mother is now deceased, and her father doesn't remember much about NV's family. But it was very clear that NV had very poor family connections. Nobody can recall any time during the summer that NV was living at *advertiser censored*'s home, that any of NV's family came by to check on her.

After that summer, *advertiser censored* doesn't know where NV went, but NV did not attend Aransas Pass High School, and *advertiser censored* doesn't know where NV attended elementary school or middle school.

According to *advertiser censored*, NV had very large pretty eyes, full-lips, and sandy colored "tangled" hair. She often wore poorly fitting clothes that were probably hand-me-downs. NV didn't at all look Hispanic (as her surname might suggest), and she very much resembled the drawings of WCJD (especially this one, except *advertiser censored* says NV never styled her hair that nicely).

7945283_b438c923-0b78-4629-87a8-bb19e7c7138c.jpeg

*advertiser censored* is sure that NV was not "Kathy" (from the motel pic).

There are several persons born in Texas with the same name as NV, including one who was born in 1967 in San Patricio County (where Aransas Pass is located). If this person is the same NV, she would not be WCJD, because she was married in 1982. But since *advertiser censored* was born in 1967, and NV was a year or two older than *advertiser censored*, I am a little doubtful that this person is the same NV.

There was a family with the same surname who lived on 10th street on the north side of Aransas Pass, but one woman from that family showed up on the WWWCJD page and said that no one from her family knows NV.

It is still an open issue. Detective Bean did follow up on the tip, but was unable to locate any living persons knowledgable about the persons in question.

In addition, there is another tip we are also following up on, pertaining to a girl from Aransas Pass. I can't name her here on Websleuths, since she is not officially associated with this case, so I will refer to her by her initials NV. As usual, I offer no opinion on the credibility of this tip.

The tip came in to the Who Was Walker County Jane Doe? facebook page from a former resident of Aransas Pass, who was an alum from the Aransas Pass HS Class of 83 (whom I will call "*advertiser censored*"). The tip was in reference to a girl whose initials are NV (V standing for a Hispanic surname).

*advertiser censored* says NV was a girl who lived in the Aransas Pass area some time in the late 70's. NV spent one entire summer (the year is uncertain) living at the *advertiser censored*'s home, even though NV's own home was only a block away. NV's home was near the corner of 9th and Wilson, in one of the three houses to the northeast of that intersection . *advertiser censored* doesn't remember exactly how old NV was, but she was a year or two older than *advertiser censored*.

NV might have been living with relatives who weren't her parents, but she wasn't sure. *advertiser censored*'s mother is now deceased, and her father doesn't remember much about NV's family. But it was very clear that NV had very poor family connections. Nobody can recall any time during the summer that NV was living at *advertiser censored*'s home, that any of NV's family came by to check on her.

After that summer, *advertiser censored* doesn't know where NV went, but NV did not attend Aransas Pass High School, and *advertiser censored* doesn't know where NV attended elementary school or middle school.

According to *advertiser censored*, NV had very large pretty eyes, full-lips, and sandy colored "tangled" hair. She often wore poorly fitting clothes that were probably hand-me-downs. NV didn't at all look Hispanic (as her surname might suggest), and she very much resembled the drawings of WCJD (especially this one, except *advertiser censored* says NV never styled her hair that nicely).

There are several persons born in Texas with the same name as NV, including one who was born in 1967 in San Patricio County (where Aransas Pass is located). If this person is the same NV, she would not be WCJD, because she was married in 1982. But since *advertiser censored* was born in 1967, and NV was a year or two older than *advertiser censored*, I am a little doubtful that this person is the same NV.

There was a family with the same surname who lived on 10th street on the north side of Aransas Pass, but one woman from that family showed up on the WWWCJD page and said that no one from her family knows NV.

Thank you Carl. That all sounds so fitting. There are several sticking points for me, poorly fit clothes, hand me downs, just going by the posts I remember reading, although one does concern Kathy, she looked disheveled was one post, and the hotel little young girl said Kathy appeared to not have very many clothes. I also do remember reading a crumpled wrinkled and dirty looking yellow sweater. Another sticking point in my mind from prior posts is of course her famous slogan "Who Cares"...*advertiser censored* said...doesn't recall anybody checking on her a whole summer, living a block away. Well, I'm a mother, and addressing other mothers on this thread would you not call your child and ask them if they are eating or if they need any clothes washed or any money for anything if they choose to live with a friend a block away although what mother would let their teen child do this? Well...one who says "who cares"...
Can we check into the ninth and Wilson and see who owned it and what happened to them and did anybody find Aransas HS yearbooks?
Thank you again

Also, perhaps *advertiser censored* should look at the couple post-mortum pictures of WCJD, maybe she can be more sure.

Also, perhaps *advertiser censored* should look at the couple post-mortum pictures of WCJD, maybe she can be more sure.

Yeah, I would think looking at the post-mortem photos would make it pretty obvious whether she actually knew WCJD or not.

So Lyle and buckskin girl are getting DNA testing through the doe project.. is this possible for WCJD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Lyle and buckskin girl are getting DNA testing through the doe project.. is this possible for WCJD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow the DNA Doe Project on FB and they have WCJD on their list of possibles for their next project. It's quite a long list though.

OMG, Arkansas Pass is in three different Texas counties. Trying to pin the *advertiser censored* / nv address down so I can chEck property records. Ugh! Which county?

OMG, Arkansas Pass is in three different Texas counties. Trying to pin the *advertiser censored* / nv address down so I can chEck property records. Ugh! Which county?

That's Aransas, not Arkansas.

That's Aransas, not Arkansas.

Thank you Carl. I know. Stupid spell correct. I didn't notice that it did that. I did look up Aransas Pass and it appears to be in three different counties in Texas. I was trying to narrow down where that intersection is actually located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove