Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the difference between blue eyes in male and female. The male in the image has darker blue eyes, while the female has lighter blue eyes.

Attachments

• 3E417224-87A3-4351-ABB2-D8618EBAA462.jpeg
    3E417224-87A3-4351-ABB2-D8618EBAA462.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 17
  • BE509B58-6987-44BE-A59A-054FDE52A63B.jpeg
    BE509B58-6987-44BE-A59A-054FDE52A63B.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 17
I am considering to start an amateur project from my genealogy skills - Unidentified Children Genealogy Research Force. Would anyone think this is a good idea?

I will respectfully disagree with the generalization men have darker eyes and hair due to melanin. This is not scientifically sound and it doesn’t correlate with the color of the iris or hair necessarily, and excludes enthicity, race, and other variables. ✌️

No, it is genetic form. It is ruled from her genetic name for her eye color (Aa Bb) and I do multiple equations. You can tell which eye color belongs to one parent since a male has darker eyes than a female.

Males have more melanin than Women do. This causes their eyes and hair to be darker.

I will respectfully disagree with the generalization men have darker eyes and hair due to melanin. This is not scientifically sound and it doesn’t correlate with the color of the iris or hair necessarily, and excludes enthicity, race, and other variables. ✌️

I'm fine with that, no hard feelings. I have been working on the genes, and I've almost finished developing the Maternal grandparents. I have been interested in Mary Leah Rodermund being this girl, Have you seen this child? MARY RODERMUND, but I'd need to get eye colors of her parents to compare the A & B genes.

I'm fine with that, no hard feelings. I have been working on the genes, and I've almost finished developing the Maternal grandparents. I have been interested in Mary Leah Rodermund being this girl, Have you seen this child? MARY RODERMUND, but I'd need to get eye colors of her parents to compare the A & B genes.

If you feel semi-confidant it’s her, do submit. Eye color can be situational and subjective. People forget. Iris color change change after death, etc. Genetic surprises can pop up. People are adopted or products of affairs. If you are pretty sure it’s her, Submit

I have before, and nothing but the occasional "I'll look at it." If I can find pictures of Mary's parents in color I can do a gene comparison.

Does anybody have any matches? I can compare it if you have the parents' in a color photo. This is so I can obtain the eye color, and compare the genes

Minor thing, but is there a reason why you string two, three, sometimes four posts back to back? It makes it quite hard to follow sometimes.

6E9A4A1C-E51B-45A5-897E-5A916B11D204.jpeg
3/4 of the way to a possible identification of Jane Doe. I’d like to find a way to get the eye color of Mary’s mother and father to confirm if Jane Doe is their daughter.

I have before, and nothing but the occasional "I'll look at it." If I can find pictures of Mary's parents in color I can do a gene comparison.
Are you suggesting maybe Mary’s eyes were brown?

No, the Jane Doe's parents' eye colors can make several combinations of a & b genes. If Mary's parents' have a match to Jane's A & B genes, it's a match.

If you guys wanna continue this, since it is not relevant to the case, I will put my project into another thread.

If you guys wanna continue this, since it is not relevant to the case, I will put my project into another thread.

What does that mean? I’m not certain what you meant by that statement. Yes, if it’s not related, please start a thread for it. Thanks!

What does that mean? I’m not certain what you meant by that statement. Yes, if it’s not related, please start a thread for it. Thanks!

It means genealogy is not relevant to the girl.

No, the Jane Doe's parents' eye colors can make several combinations of a & b genes. If Mary's parents' have a match to Jane's A & B genes, it's a match.
Yes, there are quite a few different possible combinations for both sets of parents. However, Mary’s eyes are reported as blue and Jane Doe’s are reported as brown, so unless you’re thinking one or the other is incorrect, how could they be one in the same?

I was looking to see if I could find a death certificate for WCJD. Do they not issue a death certificate in those cases?

Yes, there are quite a few different possible combinations for both sets of parents. However, Mary’s eyes are reported as blue and Jane Doe’s are reported as brown, so unless you’re thinking one or the other is incorrect, how could they be one in the same?

Jane had Hazel eyes, the only place that states she had Blue is NCMEC, but everywhere else it’s Hazel, so Mary likely has Hazel eyes.

Jane had Hazel eyes, the only place that states she had Blue is NCMEC, but everywhere else it’s Hazel, so Mary likely has Hazel eyes.
Indeed, per the usual, there are as many conflicting pieces of information as there are sources. In any scenario, assuming Jane’s eyes are hazel, and given the multiple loci, incomplete dominance and incomplete penetrance involved in eye color, what is her genotype? And what are the genotypes of her parents?

The Mother has ‘Aa bb’ eye color genes, and the Father has ‘AA BB’ eye genes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90