Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre. I made sure not to include anything I thought could be deemed as offensive, like any of the details of her murder. This is what I included:

-found november 1, 1980 in huntsville, tx.
-spoke with a waitress at hitch 'n' truck stop and claimed to be 19, from aransas pass/rockport tx - when they asked if her parents knew where she was, she said "who cares?"
-extensive searches of aransas pass/rockport yearbooks turned up empty - 5'6, 105 lbs., she had hazel eyes and 10'' long brown hair in "wing cut"
-distinctive scar running from left eyebrow to eyelid
-if you'd like more information, here are a couple links. https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasWalkerCountyJaneDoe/ https://youtu.be/AjPv-cQN0AE http://1980walkercountyjanedoe.weebly.com/ http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ov-80-*GRAPHIC* http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/91uftx.html
if you have a runaway sister, friend, cousin, classmate, etc. from that time period who resembles her, and whose whereabouts are still unknown, please chime in @ websleuths and/or follow the directions under "about" on the weebly website
Imgur perhaps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I wonder if she was murdered, it would have been sometime 1990 or later. if she was, I wonder if she is a UID or was ID'd.

I don't think it's her. That girl's hair is much longer than our Doe's plus it is black. (Recently it was reported that Doe's hair was shorter than recently stated, a kind of long bob). I think her eye shape is different too.

She kind of looks like Sophia Felecita Moreno...will make post on her thread.

I wrote the Huntsville Item and asked them to send me the link to the article when it's done and this was his reply.
7f8939854b5e36efbdbad669480729bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote the Huntsville Item and asked them to send me the link to the article when it's done and this was his reply.
7f8939854b5e36efbdbad669480729bd.jpg

So there will be another artistic rendition of Ruthie Doe? That's great! NCMEC one does not look like her IMO. I do hope they use Carl's as well because it is strikingly accurate.

Apparently-or they are getting the proper approval to use Carl's? Idk

I bet it will be similar, stylistically, to the new NCMEC recon of 1980 Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. It was posted in articles about the 35th anniversary of AGJD's death. I hope Ruthie's recon shows her scar clearly, because someone will be more likely to call in a tip on a girl with the same eyebrow scar.
I hope they also portray the roundness in her face and delicate chin and nose, I don't think they did in the NCMEC original.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much about the article, but either way it's great she gets more media attention.
I am really hoping she gets brought home before the next anniversary.

Good News, Corpus Channel 10 NBC Action News ran Walker County Jane Does' story on the 5 O'Clock news!

WOW! I am so happy her story is getting publicized! The 5 o'clock news is great!

To be honest, though, I'm a bit disappointed in the new recon. It is sure better than the last one, but I don't think it really portrays her scar, which is very, very important.

WOW! I am so happy her story is getting publicized! The 5 o'clock news is great!

To be honest, though, I'm a bit disappointed in the new recon. It is sure better than the last one, but I don't think it really portrays her scar, which is very, very important.
I didnt even see that they mentioned a scar. Terrible.

I didnt even see that they mentioned a scar. Terrible.

I know--that's a huge identifier. Maybe someone she knew would go and think "Oh, that looks a lot like ____, but I remember she had that scar on her eyebrow. It can't be her then."

I do think her overall face shape looks closer now, but I'm no expert. Her face looks rounder and younger, and her hair fits the new description. I think her nose looks tinier in the PM pic, and her chin smaller as well, but they got her lips right. She was beaten, so there was likely some swelling, but you can see that natural fullness.

Side-by-side of NCMEC's new recon by Carl's. I must say, NCMEC has stepped up their game. I just really, really wish they included the eyebrow scar. It's a huge detail.
picisto-20151103200708-375793.jpg

There are many incorrect parts of the article. Not only did they omit mention of the eyebrow scar, they also:

- Claimed she told multiple people she was from Aransas Pass/Rockport. She was only known to have told the truck stop waitress.
- Said she was getting directions to Huntsville State Prison, which is a reference to Huntsville Unit. She was going to Ellis Unit.

They also didn't add that she claimed to be 19, or the car she was dropped off by. I know it seems like those details aren't that important, but they could be. It could jog somebody's memory. I really wish they got it right.

Nonetheless, I am super happy that Ruthie got more publicity. I want nothing more than for her to be brought home. My frustration with the article lies in the concern that it will impede her identification.

There are many incorrect parts of the article. Not only did they omit mention of the eyebrow scar, they also:

- Claimed she told multiple people she was from Aransas Pass/Rockport. She was only known to have told the truck stop waitress.
- Said she was getting directions to Huntsville State Prison, which is a reference to Huntsville Unit. She was going to Ellis Unit.

They also didn't add that she claimed to be 19, or the car she was dropped off by. I know it seems like those details aren't that important, but they could be. It could jog somebody's memory. I really wish they got it right.

Nonetheless, I am super happy that Ruthie got more publicity. I want nothing more than for her to be brought home. My frustration with the article lies in the concern that it will impede her identification.
Yeah I was po'd about that too. Who gave them the info?

Yeah I was po'd about that too. Who gave them the info?

Did they not even bother to read a Wikipedia article? Ugh. But I am happy she is getting media attention. It just seems absurd so many details are off, none of which are hard to remember.

Yes, this one is much better than their previous one.

Side-by-side of NCMEC's new recon by Carl's. I must say, NCMEC has stepped up their game. I just really, really wish they included the eyebrow scar. It's a huge detail.
picisto-20151103200708-375793.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members