Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely feel WCJD-"Ruthie" was corresponding with an inmate-got to know him through an inmates family member possibly. Likely the inmate wouldn't confess to knowing her becasue she was underage-and he not! Also-she may have been lured to visit him-for other reasons/motives.
Am surprised no one she talked to that day in Huntsville warned her of the dangers of hitchhiking-especially in/on I-45 there- where so many (south of there and even north of there)-had been murdered who were young women. Ie; the Texas Killing fields, and Orange socks-whose body was found near Huntsville on I-45...exactly year before WCJD/Ruthie.!
Also think the Missing Texas Forty(and more!) story may be relelvant to WCJD. Around Houston area-starting in 1979-and onward. WCJD may have been among these-considered "just a runaway" and her cas never really pursued there in Montgomery/Liberty counties-where the missing 40 cases occurred.

Very interesting! Houston area-Liberty/Montgomery counties areas-was where so many have come up totally disappeared from '79-2014-the Missing Texas 40-which are more like 50-and some have been found-but as many haven't.
Also wonder about that fella who dropped her off at the ga station-
did anyone in LE ever really try to trace him by the description of his car? Did he proceed north on I-45-why did he drop her off there?

Lucas did have dental reconstruction work just prior to being compared in his dental bite-to WCJD-Ruthie's bite mark. Orange socks also had a bite mark-she was found in same way-in every detail as was WCJD-Ruthie., exactly a year later to the date-and not far from where WCJD-Ruthie was found. Same MO-in so many ways. Orange Socks however was a definite sad case lifestyle-wise, a long time runaway/possible prostitute-not much in way of health and dental care-as was WCJD/Ruthie.
Serial killers like Lucas-hung around-waiting for victims to appear, stalked them like animals...and knew where to find them. The I-45, and nearby interstate were areas were full of young women hitchhikers/prostitutes.

Very interesting! Houston area-Liberty/Montgomery counties areas-was where so many have come up totally disappeared from '79-2014-the Missing Texas 40-which are more like 50-and some have been found-but as many haven't.
Also wonder about that fella who dropped her off at the ga station-
did anyone in LE ever really try to trace him by the description of his car? Did he proceed north on I-45-why did he drop her off there?

I am thinking LE never really did but I have no evidence of that. I also agree that she most likely died on the 31st, but saying November 1st makes sense too, since she was discovered newly deceased then.

In any case, I still would like to have more Facebook posts/media attention on the 1st, because their minds will be a bit more clear. Also it commemorates the day of her discovery, which makes equal sense as day of murder.

defintely feel someone there-somehow struck up a pen-pal relationship with her. I've also checked every source i could find for Ellis inmates around that time-could find no one that seemed recent around that time-a few lifers around the late 70's-i lost one website that had great photos of inmates by the years. Ellis was/is big and they had everyone of every crime. If she wasn't corresponding with an inmate, then a guard or employee there at Ellis. Likely-someone older and not wanting to admit a relationship or potential one of any kind.

it may have been two guys in one truck-who mainly "stalked" the i-45. SO many murders of young women-and women who were Jane Doe's and just vanished-happened on the rte area and nearby in Texas. Texas Killing Fields really wasn't that far away from WCJD murder or Orange Socks. And, the Missing Texas 40(and more than that) near Houston area-as well-that spans a long time as well. Surprised WCJD/Ruthie-wasn't aware of all these murders along that interstate/areas-and still hitchhiked.
Almost as if she was coming from a broken homelife-feeling diconnected-and was therby very vulnerable to anyone's affection.!

defintely feel someone there-somehow struck up a pen-pal relationship with her. I've also checked every source i could find for Ellis inmates around that time-could find no one that seemed recent around that time-a few lifers around the late 70's-i lost one website that had great photos of inmates by the years. Ellis was/is big and they had everyone of every crime. If she wasn't corresponding with an inmate, then a guard or employee there at Ellis. Likely-someone older and not wanting to admit a relationship or potential one of any kind.

I agree that she probably was part of a pen-pal relationship. To my knowledge, guards were not interviewed, maybe because that seems like the investigators might consider that a bit of a stretch.

same thing with Orange socks-who was found in same way-nude, on her face-liked she'd been quickly dumped out of back of a truck, and with only jewelry and what she was wearing on feet-
every serial killer-killers-have their own particular "stamp" that seems to be consistant with them...

it may have been two guys in one truck-who mainly "stalked" the i-45. SO many murders of young women-and women who were Jane Doe's and just vanished-happened on the rte area and nearby in Texas. Texas Killing Fields really wasn't that far away from WCJD murder or Orange Socks. And, the Missing Texas 40(and more than that) near Houston area-as well-that spans a long time as well. Surprised WCJD/Ruthie-wasn't aware of all these murders along that interstate/areas-and still hitchhiked.
Almost as if she was coming from a broken homelife-feeling diconnected-and was therby very vulnerable to anyone's affection.!

Yes lots of Jane Does in TX from that time. I keep thinking of Orange Socks, discovered 36 years ago today.

I agree about her being vulnerable to affection, though unsure of her being from a broken home. I keep thinking she may have been a hybristophile, someone attracted to criminals.

same thing with Orange socks-who was found in same way-nude, on her face-liked she'd been quickly dumped out of back of a truck, and with only jewelry and what she was wearing on feet-
every serial killer-killers-have their own particular "stamp" that seems to be consistant with them...

Orange Socks and Ruthie's cases are really similar. I would be really curious to know about more cases of young female hitchhikers discovered like that, who may not be Jane Does.

Please, may this be the final anniversary that passes without your name.

Dear "Ruthie/Walker Jane Doe",

So much time has passed since your death. 35 years. But that doesn't stop plenty of people from thinking about you everyday. For now, we don't know much about you at all. We only know the horrible way in which you died, which you were taken from us much too soon. We don't know about the happy times in your life; the things that made you smile, your favorite food, or even your name. But we all hope that this is the last year that we have to wonder. We will never stop looking.

RIP. Fly high sweet angel. You are loved.

It's October 31. Thirty-five years to this day, this stunningly beautiful girl was spending her last few hours alive. Thirty-five years ago she was brutally assaulted and died the horrific death of being strangled by the animal that carelessly took her life. Why don't we have answers? This is the closest case to me out of the hundreds of unidentified people that I read about on a daily basis and I can't fathom how nobody will open up and tell the world who she was. I've cried countless tears over seeing her battered face and that serves as the basis for representing who she was and reading the grisly details of her death and sexual assault.

I am thinking LE never really did but I have no evidence of that. I also agree that she most likely died on the 31st, but saying November 1st makes sense too, since she was discovered newly deceased then.

In any case, I still would like to have more Facebook posts/media attention on the 1st, because their minds will be a bit more clear. Also it commemorates the day of her discovery, which makes equal sense as day of murder.
Is anybody savvy with Reddit that could maybe post to r/Texas and crosspost to r/gratefuldoe tomorrow ? I'm only going to have sporadic internet on the 1st. I think we'd need just a brief summary of WCJD, a link to one of her sites, and asking ppl to consider if anyone recognizes her or if there are any "runaways" in redditors' families that aren't listed on namus and could be reported... I could help with this on Nov 2 if needed!

Is anybody savvy with Reddit that could maybe post to r/Texas and crosspost to r/gratefuldoe tomorrow ? I'm only going to have sporadic internet on the 1st. I think we'd need just a brief summary of WCJD, a link to one of her sites, and asking ppl to consider if anyone recognizes her or if there are any "runaways" in redditors' families that aren't listed on namus and could be reported... I could help with this on Nov 2 if needed!

I just made a Reddit account (Botoxbaby) and I will definitely be posting about our girl tomorrow in all the relevant places I can.

OK--so I typed up a draft.

"found november 1, 1980 in huntsville, tx.
- sexually assaulted, beaten and strangled
- thought to possibly be killed by henry lee lucas
- spoke with a waitress at hitch 'n' truck stop and claimed to be 19, from aransas pass/rockport tx
- when they asked if her parents knew where she was, she said "who cares?"
- extensive searches of aransas pass/rockport yearbooks turned up empty
- 5'6, 105 lbs., she had hazel eyes and 10'' long brown hair in "wing cut"
- VERY distinctive scar running from left eyebrow to eyelid
if you'd like more information, here are a couple links.
https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasWalkerCountyJaneDoe/
https://youtu.be/AjPv-cQN0AE
http://1980walkercountyjanedoe.weebly.com/
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Doe-quot-WhtFem-91UFTX-14-16-Nov-80-*GRAPHIC*
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/91uftx.html
if you have a runaway sister, friend, classmate, etc. from that time period who resembles her, and whose whereabouts are still unknown, please chime in @ websleuths and/or follow the directions under "about" on the weebly website."

I wrote in bullet points because it is more readable than paragraph format, and people would therefore be more likely to gain more from skimming over the points than retaining little from a paragraph.

OK--so I typed up a draft.

"found november 1, 1980 in huntsville, tx.
- sexually assaulted, beaten and strangled
- thought to possibly be killed by henry lee lucas
- spoke with a waitress at hitch 'n' truck stop and claimed to be 19, from aransas pass/rockport tx
- when they asked if her parents knew where she was, she said "who cares?"
- extensive searches of aransas pass/rockport yearbooks turned up empty
- 5'6, 105 lbs., she had hazel eyes and 10'' long brown hair in "wing cut"
- VERY distinctive scar running from left eyebrow to eyelid
if you'd like more information, here are a couple links.
https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasWalkerCountyJaneDoe/
https://youtu.be/AjPv-cQN0AE
http://1980walkercountyjanedoe.weebly.com/
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Doe-quot-WhtFem-91UFTX-14-16-Nov-80-*GRAPHIC*
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/91uftx.html
if you have a runaway sister, friend, classmate, etc. from that time period who resembles her, and whose whereabouts are still unknown, please chime in @ websleuths and/or follow the directions under "about" on the weebly website."

I wrote in bullet points because it is more readable than paragraph format, and people would therefore be more likely to gain more from skimming over the points than retaining little from a paragraph.
You're awesome, Springrain!

Today marks 35 years since her body was found. 35 years have passed since someone stole her name, life, and dignity from her. 35 years have passed and we still don't know her name. Someone has to be missing this beautiful girl. Even though it's been many years since she died, I still have hope that someday we will know her name. RIP Walker County Jane Doe. We will never give up on you.

Thought of the day... Google shows military housing in the Corpus Christi area and Naval base near Port Aransas... Could WCJD have been a rebel child from a military or navy family? Perhaps she hadn't been in town long when she took off for the prison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman