Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just some info (a reminder) about the Henry Lee Lucas connection(or lack of) .. According to the Lt I spoke with in 2010 .. Lucas has not actually ever been completely ruled out.. Because he had extensive dental work done .. So his dental couldn't be compared.. The Lt did also say "his gut instinct" was that it was NOT Lucas, his reasoning behind his "gut " was Lucas claimed responsibility for 100s of murders that were later proved he could not have had any connection.. BUT he "vehemently denied any connection to" our Jane Doe ..
That's just an FYI.. I've wondered about for years ..

And just some info (a reminder) about the Henry Lee Lucas connection(or lack of) .. According to the Lt I spoke with in 2010 .. Lucas has not actually ever been completely ruled out.. Because he had extensive dental work done .. So his dental couldn't be compared.. The Lt did also say "his gut instinct" was that it was NOT Lucas, his reasoning behind his "gut " was Lucas claimed responsibility for 100s of murders that were later proved he could not have had any connection.. BUT he "vehemently denied any connection to" our Jane Doe ..

I did know about his dental reconstruction so I found it bizarre that they would try to use it as reasoning of his supposed innocence. Very interesting fact about him vehemently denying any connection to her. I had no idea about that.

I always thought it was weird that they would try to rule him out based on a dental reconstruction. I had no idea he vehemently denied any involvement about her, though! That's quite shocking to me.

If anyone is interested in changing their Facebook cover to daffodils, I made this one that also mentions her. You have to readjust it to conceal the white parts but that is super easy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• honor.jpg
    honor.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 30
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 227
This cat named Joe Winko did a little story on our Ruthie doe,check it out guys.

[video=youtu;dPDfbnr2NYM]http://youtu.be/dPDfbnr2NYM[/video]

I heard Lucas confessed to this one, though I might be wrong. He confessed to loads of murders he never did, if I remember correctly. But if he did deny it then that could link him to her, if it was commonplace for him to admit murders.

I heard Lucas confessed to this one, though I might be wrong. He confessed to loads of murders he never did, if I remember correctly. But if he did deny it then that could link him to her, if it was commonplace for him to admit murders.

I wonder if he denied the murders that he actually committed, and claimed others for some kind of sick game. I can't believe all the ones he confessed to--Orange Socks, Tammy Jo Alexander, and there's much, much more. I will have to look up info about the murders he actually did.

ETA: OK, so I looked up some really quick info about him. He confessed to, and then retracted, his confessions for even the murders he was proven guilty of. He also went on a huge false confession spree, over a period of time, so it wasn't sporadic. What a sicko.

Wonder if the truck driver did it. She was at a truckstop earlier in the day, did he stop there too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wonder if the truck driver did it. She was at a truckstop earlier in the day, did he stop there too?

A page back, people had sleuthed and tracked a man, possibly the man who 'discovered her body' (James Rhodes/Rhoades), down in Friendswood, TX. Not trying to imply that he did it by any means, just for a little background info. Perhaps he had thought it'd clear him of suspicion if he 'found' the body and went on his way.

Apparently, the Hitch 'n' Stop was only five miles from the place her body was recovered, and she supposedly walked into the truck stop on foot. So it can be inferred that she met her killer at the truck top. At least that's my theory.

A page back, people had sleuthed and tracked a man, possibly the man who 'discovered her body' (James Rhodes/Rhoades), down in Friendswood, TX. Not trying to imply that he did it by any means, just for a little background info. Perhaps he had thought it'd clear him of suspicion if he 'found' the body and went on his way.

Apparently, the Hitch 'n' Stop was only five miles from the place her body was recovered, and she supposedly walked into the truck stop on foot. So it can be inferred that she met her killer at the truck top. At least that's my theory.
That would make sense...because 6 hours for five miles? Even in barefeet you could walk it. Yeah it had to be a trucker.

HMMMM !!!! That sound like a good thing to throw up to ancestory and namus wouldn't it be great if they partnered up.....Im sure they could get some govt funding anyone know if starting a petition would help (I truly hate a petition for everything but this is different )
They have to have swabs of DNA from their cheeks or saliva. If the person only has a skull or partial DNA they cant work that i know of. I could be wrong.

I think you're right. I would want them to focus more on isotope analysis because most people aren't that invested in their background, and also they need a cheek swab. Even if they didn't, though, the best they could probably do is find a very distant relative.

I can't believe it's been almost 35 years. Her case really reached out to me and grabbed me. It breaks my heart.

I wrote a very emotional blog post about her today. I discussed why I call her Ruthie. Of course, I completely understand that Does should be referred to as how the agency named them. So I do most of the time, but as I posted many times before, I feel it is so much better to have a more familiar name to call her by.

Here's the link: http://1980walkercountyjanedoe.weebly.com/blog/i-call-her-ruthie

Well Miss Walker County ... I always wonder on this day .. What you were doing the fateful morning before... What were your dreams and aspirations ... Or were you our sweet sweet angel child truly at rock bottom as the story seems to say.. Were you a wayward child that lost your way.. Or were you simply trying to find yourself that day Oct 31, 1980?? I just know there has to be a sibling, parent , grandparent , aunt , uncle or cousin.. Somewhere wondering where you are.. There's a murderer somewhere that knows atleast some of the answers!!! Then there is US, those that literally in different ways stumbled across your story.. From the grave you reached out and grab our hearts, our souls and our minds..35 years!!!! I often hope it was my Pookie you talk to at the Hitchin Post.. For if if was I know her smile gave you atleast a little comfort in your last hours.. I just know in my heart if it was her, she also hugged you.. That is just the way she was.. It's always so eerie to me that the town, and streets that bring me such comfort when I go home.. Were your final nightmare...the same streets so many generations of my family traveled for our lives.. Lead to your death.. And now you lay in rest.. Near my very own grandmom and uncle.. Seems fitting as you and your story have become part of my story.. We will continue to remember you and seek answers..

always felt it was Lucas who killed WCJD. It was only "bad luck' that he'd recently had dental work done-when they took bite impressions/comparisons on the WCJD case. Sad.

Well Miss Walker County ... I always wonder on this day .. What you were doing the fateful morning before... What were your dreams and aspirations ... Or were you our sweet sweet angel child truly at rock bottom as the story seems to say.. Were you a wayward child that lost your way.. Or were you simply trying to find yourself that day Oct 31, 1980?? I just know there has to be a sibling, parent , grandparent , aunt , uncle or cousin.. Somewhere wondering where you are.. There's a murderer somewhere that knows atleast some of the answers!!! Then there is US, those that literally in different ways stumbled across your story.. From the grave you reached out and grab our hearts, our souls and our minds..35 years!!!! I often hope it was my Pookie you talk to at the Hitchin Post.. For if if was I know her smile gave you atleast a little comfort in your last hours.. I just know in my heart if it was her, she also hugged you.. That is just the way she was.. It's always so eerie to me that the town, and streets that bring me such comfort when I go home.. Were your final nightmare...the same streets so many generations of my family traveled for our lives.. Lead to your death.. And now you lay in rest.. Near my very own grandmom and uncle.. Seems fitting as you and your story have become part of my story.. We will continue to remember you and seek answers..
RIP Sweet WCJD! Praying some day someone will give you back your name and identity!!

i've always thought she may have even been murdered by or before midnight on 10/31/1980. She was seen leaving after getting directions from waitress at a diner in Huntsville-around 6:30pm. Ellis Prison was only 15 miles away. It was dark by the time she was last seen heading north. I have no doubts she was hitchhiking and quickly picked up by her murderer...and likely dead by midnight. When she was found in early morning hours on 11/01, she'd been stripped of all clothing, etc; except for her jewelry and sandals.(just like orange socks-a murder victim found in exact same way, exactly year before near there).
If you are going to dump a body-and WCJD body looked as if it'd been quickly dumped off a truck..you do it before dan and when you can be easily spotted-especially on a busy truck rte like I-45.!
Still believe she's in some yearbook in some school on south Texas.!

I think Ruth-Ruthie-does fit her! She needs to be called something besides WCJD! She's a human being-not a label!

also think-she was murdered by midnight on 10/31/1980. Think perhaps also someone-a trucker-saw her at Hitchin Post, and likely followed her out-picking her up later as she hitchhiked.! She left around 6:30pm...giving 5 1/2 hrs. for someone to pick her up and murder her.! Ellis Prison was not that far away from where she was last seen. A muderer would want to get rid of her body before dawn next day.

lots of prayers go up for you-so sorry you are dealing with this!
I am sorry I have not been around to help with this. I have recently been diagnosed with a serious brain condition. I have Arnold Chiari Malformation type 1. The time that I have been able to get online has been spent getting things set up to go see the surgeon to see if I am a candidate for the surgery, researching the condition, and fundraising to make sure that I can go and get this taken care of.

Hopefully soon I will be able to come back and spend more time helping with this case as this case has really reached out and touched me. I want to see her have her name back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman