Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always found it strangely interesting , that with my experience I have never been able to find anything on truck driver James Rhodes . The driver that found our girl... I've researched him multiple times, even obituaries .. And it's like he fell off the earth after locating our girl.. So again tonight o looked for him on social media (only find a piano player) I googled him using other terms such as "Friendship Texas" (his reported home in November 1980) also "truck driver" Nothing comes up until I type in his name with truck driver .. But then I get all kinds of articles about Robert Ben Rhoadea-- truck driving serial killer..
So I ran across an article in a site called GQ.. Is really like a few people to read it (I'll get the exact name of the article but am sure if you google GQ and Robert Ben Rhoades you'll find it) then share your thoughts . Eerily all articles about him sound to close to our girls story.. But a the GQ article has a couple of things that particular jump out.. I don't want to lead anyone else to see what I see so just waiting for others thoughts
One thing to remember Houston is less then an hour from Huntsville..
And one line in particular jumped out it basically stated " he admitted his murdering start atleast 15 years before which would mean in the 70's, at which point he called Houston home"

So some thoughts after reading the article would be appreciated ..

Oh! I know the article you're talking about! Truly sickening monster. I don't think he killed our girl, though, he seemed to be into more advanced torture. Kind of like Racine Jane Doe's death (although he was locked up then so he couldn't have done it).

Yes my daughter brought up the tortureing he did.. BUT what if our girl was one of the first??? And he hasn't set up his "tortureing chamber yet" .. I did a little researching trying to get more info on him from 70s and 80s and there isn't much except what little the writer of that article dug up?? Since my theory is the assault: abuse/ and murder happened within a few miles of the last place she was sighted.. IF he is responsible he may not have got his technique set yet ..is my thought .. It's just eerie to me if the article is factually by his own admission he was from the Houston area in the 70s.. And he admitted his murderig started 15 years prior to the ones he was arrested for .. So by his own admission the 70s?? It maybe nothing but I think it would be worth a look and investigators talking to him... He has nothing to loose at Thai point he's locked up for forever ..The stories of his known victims are so similar to what we know about Our girl..

Yes my daughter brought up the tortureing he did.. BUT what if our girl was one of the first??? And he hasn't set up his "tortureing chamber yet" .. I did a little researching trying to get more info on him from 70s and 80s and there isn't much except what little the writer of that article dug up?? Since my theory is the assault: abuse/ and murder happened within a few miles of the last place she was sighted.. IF he is responsible he may not have got his technique set yet ..is my thought .. It's just eerie to me if the article is factually by his own admission he was from the Houston area in the 70s.. And he admitted his murderig started 15 years prior to the ones he was arrested for .. So by his own admission the 70s?? It maybe nothing but I think it would be worth a look and investigators talking to him... He has nothing to loose at Thai point he's locked up for forever ..The stories of his known victims are so similar to what we know about Our girl..

That's true, she may have been one of the first. But I don't know if he'd tell the truth about our girl. I would hope so if he did kill her--she NEEDS justice.
Maybe the bite mark on her shoulder could be matched to his dentals?

Im thinking he was in hurry and just didn't have time to drop everything off.if he was a serial killer he would've kept something of her as a trophy.

My thoughts exactly

I think she was probably killed by a trucker while in the sleeper cab, so her shoes would be sitting next to her. I figured he first dumped her body, and when he returned to the truck, her shoes and clothes were still there. He may have kept her clothes as some sort of sick "prize", but found no purpose in saving her shoes. Just a guess.

Would they be able to extract DNA f would they be able to extract DNA from the bite rom the bite mark.

That's true, she may have been one of the first. But I don't know if he'd tell the truth about our girl. I would hope so if he did kill her--she NEEDS justice.

perhaps 'James' was a false name to cover himself. Also I assume that he may have thought that if he reportedly found the girl then it would clear him of suspicion.

Robert Ben Rhodes MO was cutting the captives hair short and he even liked making them dress a certain way too.
Sick-O!

I just remember these details from memory, so, if I am mistaken, feel free.....

Would they be able to extract DNA f would they be able to extract DNA from the bite rom the bite mark.

I don't think so, since DNA wasn't a "thing" back then. But maybe they could compare his dental records to the bite mark.

Robert Ben Rhodes MO was cutting the captives hair short and he even liked making them dress a certain way too.
Sick-O!

I just remember these details from memory, so, if I am mistaken, feel free.....

I think you're right. One sick, sick monster.

But I think what mia g is saying is she could have been a first victim of his. I'm not sure. Maybe "James Rhodes" has some connection to him. Though it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
I am considering doing a simple webcam YouTube video tomorrow about her, telling her story. Would anyone here watch it?

I will watch it and put it on my FB too. Anything to help identify her. Thank you, Springrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post

OMG, great idea!

I will watch it and put it on my FB too. Anything to help identify her. Thank you, Springrain.

Thank you U2forever! The main thing for UID cases is media attention. That's what will bring them home.

Would it be ok, do you think, to ask about dentals of the bite mark? Because Henry Lee Lucas was ruled out as killer from dentals. So they must have them..

I think you're right. One sick, sick monster.

But I think what mia g is saying is she could have been a first victim of his. I'm not sure. Maybe "James Rhodes" has some connection to him. Though it seems unlikely.

Yes, Mia is so right. They have to start somewhere. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Mia is so right. They have to start somewhere. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, like she previously suggested, James could be a pseudonym. I don't know, I always like to double-check truckers who 'discover' bodies. I am not implicating him in any way. I am just saying, that it is a good way to hinder suspicion while easily leaving the next day, hours, etc.

Thank you U2forever! The main thing for UID cases is media attention. That's what will bring them home.

Would it be ok, do you think, to ask about dentals of the bite mark?
Because Henry Lee Lucas was ruled out as killer from dentals. So they must have them..

BBM:
Of course it will be okay to ask. The detectives work so hard and want to get these UID justice just as much as we do, I think they will welcome any ideas.

BBM:
Of course it will be okay to ask. The detectives work so hard and want to get these UID justice just as much as we do, I think they will welcome any ideas.

Ok...I will send them a quick email then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892