Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a FYI .. Her body was found less then 5 miles from the reported last sighting.. I feel for sure a trucker from Hitchin Post picked her up.. There are tons of Piney woods in that area..( matter of fact there is a pine thicket near where her body was found.. ) can't say for certain it was there in 1980.. Somewhere I have pictures of all the scenes ..

Since you are from the area...do you think she could have been from New Bethany Home for Girls? There seems to be a theory that she is from there. I know lots of abuse goes on in those type of places, and apparently New Bethany is pretty looked-down-upon.

New Bethany was in Corpus Christi on the coast.. Not near Huntsville .. I was 7 when Jane Doe was found and knew nothing about girls home.. Huntsville is the head quarters for Texas Department of Criminal Justice .. ( which in the 70/80s was simply called Texas Dept of Corrections..) .. I'd venture to say it was in early 80s they state started more units away from H'ville... Till then most ( not all just most) were in the general Huntsville area.. I'm a prison brat can trace most of my descendants back 4 generations to working in some form or fashion to TDCJ.. No juvenile facilities are in Huntsville to my knowledge, it's all adult maximum security units, and atleast one medical/ geriatric unit
Btw any praying folks on site.. Walker County could use some there is a 600 acre fire blaring right now..

New Bethany was in Corpus Christi on the coast.. Not near Huntsville .. I was 7 when Jane Doe was found and knew nothing about girls home.. Huntsville is the head quarters for Texas Department of Criminal Justice .. ( which in the 70/80s was simply called Texas Dept of Corrections..) .. I'd venture to say it was in early 80s they state started more units away from H'ville... Till then most ( not all just most) were in the general Huntsville area.. I'm a prison brat can trace most of my descendants back 4 generations to working in some form or fashion to TDCJ.. No juvenile facilities are in Huntsville to my knowledge, it's all adult maximum security units, and atleast one medical/ geriatric unit
Btw any praying folks on site.. Walker County could use some there is a 600 acre fire blaring right now..

Wait, so it would make sense that she would say she was from Aransas Pass/Rockport because those are by Corpus Christi. Probably the two towns she just listed off the top of her head!

OK--I thought of a way to spread the news. Often people holding up note cards with things written on them go viral. I made a bunch of note cards telling her story last night and will make a video today. I will remove the webcam one and put this one up. Does this seem like a good idea?

OK--I thought of a way to spread the news. Often people holding up note cards with things written on them go viral. I made a bunch of note cards telling her story last night and will make a video today. I will remove the webcam one and put this one up. Does this seem like a good idea?
I think that is a fantastic idea. I'll share it locally here.

I think that is a fantastic idea. I'll share it locally here.

Thank you! It's going to be great to have it shared everywhere but especially TX.

Alright so according to my cousin there is no local news TV station but there is a radio station KSAM and also a newspaper, The Huntsville Item. So Im going to contact them both. Here is their info.

The Huntsville Item
1409 10th Street
Huntsville, TX 77320
P.O. Box 539
Phone: 936-295-5407
Fax: 936-435-0135
Email: huntsvilleitem@gmail.com

KSAM
http://ksam1017.com/contact-us/

Mailing Address:KSAM Logo 250x179
P.O. Box 330
Huntsville, TX 77342

Physical Address:
622 I-45 South
Huntsville, TX 77340

Phone:
Office: 936-295-2651
Fax: 936-295-8201
Listener Line: 936-295-4102

*Bumping these numbers and email addresses so we can all request that they do a story on our girl*

This made me cry! I posted this on our local Rockport FB community page and also shared on my personal page.

Alright the Huntsville Item is going to do a piece on our girl!!!! Yay!!!!

*Happy dance*
Let's hope this article brings the tip needed to give her a name!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright the Huntsville Item is going to do a piece on our girl!!!! Yay!!!!

*Happy dance*
Let's hope this article brings the tip needed to give her a name!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!! I am really, really hoping this brings her home.

I am going to call KSAM. I hope they run the story. Her appearance especially her scar should be mentioned. And they should run through the whole timeline as well. Very, very important! Just one tip could bring our girl home.

OK--I saw that there was a section on the KSAM website where you could make a comment to the people...so I wrote about her there...it's too late to call today. But I will tomorrow.

Also, I love the one of her by her grave. The truck-stop recon of her holding her shoes by her grave. I cried a little bit when I first saw it; I also put it at the end of my note-card video.

I've always found it strangely interesting , that with my experience I have never been able to find anything on truck driver James Rhodes . The driver that found our girl... I've researched him multiple times, even obituaries .. And it's like he fell off the earth after locating our girl.. So again tonight o looked for him on social media (only find a piano player) I googled him using other terms such as "Friendship Texas" (his reported home in November 1980) also "truck driver" Nothing comes up until I type in his name with truck driver .. But then I get all kinds of articles about Robert Ben Rhoadea-- truck driving serial killer..
So I ran across an article in a site called GQ.. Is really like a few people to read it (I'll get the exact name of the article but am sure if you google GQ and Robert Ben Rhoades you'll find it) then share your thoughts . Eerily all articles about him sound to close to our girls story.. But a the GQ article has a couple of things that particular jump out.. I don't want to lead anyone else to see what I see so just waiting for others thoughts
One thing to remember Houston is less then an hour from Huntsville..
And one line in particular jumped out it basically stated " he admitted his murdering start atleast 15 years before which would mean in the 70's, at which point he called Houston home"

So some thoughts after reading the article would be appreciated ..

There is a James Rhodes Jr. who is listed as living in Huntsville. His DOB is not listed though.

I found another James Rhodes who is 66 years old now (Born in 1949), and lived at various addresses in Houston and Shiner TX.

I've always found it strangely interesting , that with my experience I have never been able to find anything on truck driver James Rhodes . The driver that found our girl... I've researched him multiple times, even obituaries .. And it's like he fell off the earth after locating our girl.. So again tonight o looked for him on social media (only find a piano player) I googled him using other terms such as "Friendship Texas" (his reported home in November 1980) also "truck driver" Nothing comes up until I type in his name with truck driver .. But then I get all kinds of articles about Robert Ben Rhoadea-- truck driving serial killer..
So I ran across an article in a site called GQ.. Is really like a few people to read it (I'll get the exact name of the article but am sure if you google GQ and Robert Ben Rhoades you'll find it) then share your thoughts . Eerily all articles about him sound to close to our girls story.. But a the GQ article has a couple of things that particular jump out.. I don't want to lead anyone else to see what I see so just waiting for others thoughts
And one line in particular jumped out it basically stated " he admitted his murdering start atleast 15 years before which would mean in the 70's, at which point he called Houston home"

perhaps 'James' was a false name to cover himself. Also I assume that he may have thought that if he reportedly found the girl then it would clear him of suspicion.

Some truckers are from Canada. It'd be worth checking out.

I've always found it strangely interesting , that with my experience I have never been able to find anything on truck driver James Rhodes . I googled him using other terms such as "Friendship Texas" (his reported home in November 1980)

Is it Friendswood or Friendship? I find a few mentions of the driver living in Friendswood but none mentioning Friendship.

ellis prison isn't small and it's nasty... it is the movie dead man walking was based upon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC