Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then say RBJ because JR is the person who found her and he himself is a trucker. Unless its confirmed same person we should not be naming JR as was mentioned earlier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just explained my confusion and said I was referring to ROBERT BEN RHODES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually look a fair bit alike. The hair's listed as blonde, but it looks clearly brown, I think that should be changed. The thing that's holding me back is the age combined with the time lapse. Simone would have been 20 at the time of WCJD's death, and it seems she was about ~16. I don't think WCJD went missing much long before she died, though I could be wrong.

Her dentals are available, but they could have changed in 3 years. A DNA sample is available and, IIRC, WCJD has both nucDNA and mtDNA samples available.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?205755-CA-Mary-Louise-Day-12-Seaside-1980

Not a lot of info about this girl. Just tossing it out there. There are conflicting dates, no dentals. DNA, yes; but unknown where it (profile) resides.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_mary.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2990dfca.html

IIRC she was brought up earlier but only mentioned. I think it's worth a shot, the LKA seems a little fuzzy. The lips are full like WCJD's, and their hair looks the same. The picture on the left in Doe is not the highest quality, so it would be no wonder if a scar was not shown, and the center image, she seems a bit younger, so maybe the scar was fairly recent (like within a year?)

5'8 seems really tall for a 12-year-old girl, I honestly wonder if the height is entered wrong. Either way, it's within 2 inches.

She might be a bit too young, but I think it's definitely worth a shot.

IIRC she was brought up earlier but only mentioned. I think it's worth a shot, the LKA seems a little fuzzy. The lips are full like WCJD's, and their hair looks the same. The picture on the left in Doe is not the highest quality, so it would be no wonder if a scar was not shown, and the center image, she seems a bit younger, so maybe the scar was fairly recent (like within a year?)

5'8 seems really tall for a 12-year-old girl, I honestly wonder if the height is entered wrong. Either way, it's within 2 inches.

She might be a bit too young, but I think it's definitely worth a shot.

The nose is small like WCJD as well as the hair looks similar. If she was taller for her age as posted and weight at 120, she could have easily been mistaken for 16. Very much worth a look. But what would a 12 year old be doing going to Ellis Prison? I wonder if she has any ties to Texas?

4d035e2605835842395243e6394eb51f.jpg

It seems little care was taken re: providing details in her profile. She had to have had some physical traits that were unique, yet not even a birthmark or mole is mentioned, no clothing description, which all seems strange.
I had a friend in childhood, who ran away at 12 years old and she was chasing after a carnival worker who had showed her (inappropriate) attention, and she became infatuated with him. It is anyone's guess why this girl would be looking for that prison..maybe the friend was not even an inmate, maybe an officer. Anything is possible, I suppose.
A child's attitude will often reflect that of the parent's. For her to say "who cares" speaks volumes. She probably came from a volatile home environment, and actually felt "they" (her parents)did not care, so why should she? If that makes any sense.

It seems little care was taken re: providing details in her profile. She had to have had some physical traits that were unique, yet not even a birthmark or mole is mentioned, no clothing description, which all seems strange.
I had a friend in childhood, who ran away at 12 years old and she was chasing after a carnival worker who had showed her (inappropriate) attention, and she became infatuated with him. It is anyone's guess why this girl would be looking for that prison..maybe the friend was not even an inmate, maybe an officer. Anything is possible, I suppose.
A child's attitude will often reflect that of the parent's. For her to say "who cares" speaks volumes. She probably came from a volatile home environment, and actually felt "they" (her parents)did not care, so why should she? If that makes any sense.

I know, the profile is not very specific. I wouldn't be surprised if the LKA date is off.

About "Who cares", though, I think it may be being read too much into (possibly). I am 15 and, if I were in her position, I would probably come up with a similar response. I am not from a bad home, I am close with my parents, but if I was hitchhiking with the intentions of visiting a prisoner I wouldn't care what my parents had to say about that. Though I could be completely wrong.

I wonder what Ruthie's hobbies were, if she liked music, if she played sports or was in clubs at school, what kind of food she liked... :(

I wonder what Ruthie's hobbies were, if she liked music, if she played sports or was in clubs at school, what kind of food she liked... :(

I wonder too. It's so heartbreaking to think about all even the simplest things she enjoyed during her short life. I really, really hope she had a good life and had lots of fun.

I dearly hope we will find out one day, to understand more of who she was.

Long shot here because the age is off, but throwing it out just in case. She is not listed in NAMUS. I'm not very good at facial recgonition at all, but she seems to have some similar features. It's hard to tell, but it also seems like there could be a scar on her right eyebrow.

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=509

Ida Faye.PNG

Long shot here because the age is off, but throwing it out just in case. She is not listed in NAMUS. I'm not very good at facial recgonition at all, but she seems to have some similar features. It's hard to tell, but it also seems like there could be a scar on her right eyebrow.

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=509

attachment.php

she he does slightly resemble the recon, but the age is way off and Ruthie's nose is much smaller, and her chin is more dainty. Ruthie had a distinctive face imo. Good catch though, they are kinda similar!

Actually I think that looks a lot like her when comparing to the post mortem photos. It really does look like she has a scar too.

she he does slightly resemble the recon, but the age is way off and Ruthie's nose is much smaller, and her chin is more dainty. Ruthie had a distinctive face imo. Good catch though, they are kinda similar!

Does she look pregnant here?

Agreed, don't think she is Ruthie. I think she was a lot younger and agree with zelda_s, she had a distinctive look.

IMHO the closest recent match is Mary Louise Day. Her photo on Charley is so bad, though. I'd love to see if a match could come out of it.
If she's not Mary, then I think she is probably not in the system.

FYI to all, I was just looking at the NAMUS file and see the Date Last Modified date is showing this morning (Nov 5, at 10:11). I don't know what was modified...others may have higher access levels than I do. Maybe an exclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag