Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL just realized the way I wrote it seemed like I asked a 1000 questions, which I did NOT. They were just in my mind.

I saw this article about twin sisters by biracial parents, one was Caucasian and one was black. So it is possible. But it doesn't seem super common.

it is possible that they are colored differently, my two sons (same mom and dad) are half Hispanic and one looks completely Hispanic and the other looks completely white. Either way hopefully the tip is useful!

Sure it is possible. I haven't ruled her out in my mind. The lead is being pursued by LE,so we should know one way or the other.

It's possible they could be cousins. I share my last name with some of my cousins, and none of us look alike. Hoping something comes of this!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I've had a feeling that she might be Hispanic... Especially looking at the PM photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genetics are certainly a funny thing! I'm a blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skinned Sicilian, so looks are deceiving. Looking at her, I can see it a bit. Hell if she's from Texas I wouldn't be shocked if she had at least some Mexican blood in her. This tip is exciting either way :) Even if it turns out to be a rule out, I'm glad she's getting more attention.

I'm so happy she is getting more attention.

I could see a little bit of Mexican/Asian in her. She looks a tiny bit like my half Italian, half Scottish friend. And it is true that genetics are weird. I'm 1/4 Filipino and 3/4 Caucasian, and I have very pale skin, dark brown hair, and hazel eyes...my cousin is also 1/4 Filipino and 3/4 Caucasian, and she has tan skin, light brown hair, and brown eyes.

I was looking through Jamaica Plain High School Yearbooks after I realized that they were available online thanks to a poster on 1976 Baltimore Jane Doe's thread.

Each yearbook online only has a senior section. I looked in the '81 yearbook and I found a picture of a girl with initials AS. I thought she looked quite a bit like our Ruthie, specifically the combination of NCMEC's recon and Carl's recon. She has the round face and dainty chin, eye color looks roughly the same, hair looks very similar. I can't see a scar on her right eyebrow, but (and this is a huge but) the photo *could* be flipped. I think the nose is off, it looks larger than Ruthie's little nose. But I thought I'd mention it just to be sure.

I think it's far fetched because I discovered a woman on FB with the same name, who seems like she *could* be her. This woman's account is pretty much all private--she has no visible info about high school, college, hometown, where she lives, etc. In her profile picture, she's next to a man and they're standing with arms laced. It seems like they could be married, at that age, so I was confused about her not changing her last name, though some women keep their maiden names.

Just thought I'd mention it, just to be on the safe side.

After reading all the pages today, I didn't see anyone mention "Bruce Mendenhall". He was a truck driver, who was convicted in 2007 of murdering a woman in Nashville TN. He also was linked through DNA to three other murders. He is still under investigation for murders in Georgia, Illinois, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. He was born in 1951. He lived in Albion IL, but drove long haul throughout the midwest, south and southwest parts of the U.S. I haven't found any information yet when he started driving a truck over the road, but will do some research to find the answer. Hopefully this WCJD is solved very soon.

That really is a huge fluctation. I can't imagine someone wearing a sweater in 70 degree heat.

But that could be just because I'm used to cold weather. LOL. Is it common?

The fluctuation is not just common, but normal.

It's 65 here right now and I have a sweater on. This part of Texas is very humid so when it's cold, it's a wet cold that can feel more bitter than a drier cold. I lived in Northern Colorado and the same temperatures have a big contrast on how they feel. 42 degrees there was a chilly but pleasant day. Here - put on your coat and probably gloves.

If the low was 35 that day, she definitely would have wanted a sweater at 6:30 p.m. no matter where she was from.

So today I remembered that there was a murder of a 16 year old girl in Conroe in late August of 1980 that has never been solved. It took place about 30 minutes away from where WCJD was last seen. This poor girl's rape and strangulation was overshadowed by the fiasco that unfolded for years afterward that included dirty, racist cops and lawyers, the disappearance of evidence & the death penalty. Because what unfolded afterward was so prominently covered by the media, the best information I could find that's actually about her is on Find a Grave:

Cheryl Dee Fergeson - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33992186

She was killed about 2 months before WCJD - same M.O. There are two people suspected of committing the crime, but were not a focus at the time. Because the whole town basically immediately decided an innocent man was guilty, I have to wonder if police ever considered a possible connection between the 2 murders. This idea would be, of course, in contrast to the trucker idea and consider a local as a potential suspect.

While different cops (adjacent counties) would have investigated these two different murders, if you read about the overall case it can give you a bit of an idea of what criminal investigations looked like in the early 80's out here in the sticks ;)

I did read through all the posts on this thread, but it's been a couple of weeks. Let me know if Cheryl has already been discussed.

That sounds perfectly reasonable, then.

I never heard of Cheryl's case--how horrible! Since the crimes are so similar, and the towns are so close (33 mins according to Google Maps), there definitely could be a link.

BTW, Wonder123: you were the one who messaged KS, right? If so, did he answer?

Yes, that was me. No answer. After you posted that people were barraging tipsters with messages, I figure I'm probably not the only one who messaged him :(

Could be. If they have DNA from WCJD's sandals, and DNA from those two suspects, would be worth a check for sure.

I truly hope they did get some DNA from her sandals; I read on NFM that they wouldn't publicly release whether they did or not.

I don't think they were talking about KS--I think they were talking about the lady who commented the tip about WCJD possibly being a girl she knew in middle school, NV.

After everything that happened concerning Kerry Graham, I am considering checking doe for missing persons reported to have gone missing after 1980. I'll let anyone know if I find anything of significance!

When looking for possible matches, I always tend to look a few months after the found date of the UI just in case. I don't know how likely the date is off, but I always try to consider misinformation. Maybe there was an error while entering date, maybe the 'date missing' was actually entered as the date the report was filed, maybe they were purposely filed at a later date to throw off investigators (if the perp was a family member), ext.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member