Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok--I found a slight possible.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3148dfca.html

Mary Jo Lee Long was not reported missing until 1988, so the date of disappearance could likely be off. Also, in the "Missing since", it says December 27, 1982, yet in the description on the same page it says the disappearance date is February 1982. I'd be surprised if her father's memory was sharp enough to pinpoint the exact day of disappearance. But, yeah, this is probably a stretch.

Her dentals are available in CODIS, but it wouldn't strike up a match since she was listed as missing after WCJD's death date. Her DNA and fingerprints are not.

Here's an article about Mary Jo Lee Long's disappearance, it sounds like she left her mother's home to go live with her father on the December 27th date, and was reported missing from her father's on the February 22nd date. Here's a snip:

" By all accounts, months later, it appeared that Mary Jo chose to leave her home in Austin without her mother's permission to move in with her father in Gardena, California. There are school records that prove Mary Jo was enrolled at Gardena High School. It is recorded that she was last seen on February 22, 1982."

http://deaniepeters-missingangels.blogspot.com/2013/11/mary-jo-lee-long-missing-32-years.html

Thanks, EffyElsewhere. Not her, then.

Besides her, on Doe, I could not find any plausible matches.

Gosh, I'm just constantly so saddened and frustrated by this case! LE, Medical Examiners and the public all put in so much effort yet she remains unidentified :(

She was just a child, she didn't have as much of a chance to live! It's so horribly sad that she died like this and despite all efforts, she doesn't have so much as her name back...but we will keep trying. I'm hopeful that the articles will reach the right people.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1026dfny.html
-Tammy Mahoney's case confuses me. It says she was killed but what substantiates that claim? It seems a bit confused but that might just be me. I think she looks a bit like Ruthie. I think this one is a very slim possibility, very slim, but who knows.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1354dfaz.html -
Amy Yachimec has a 'gold chain' necklace. Some things don't match, but there seem to be very few details in her case, so it's possible some things are incorrect.

Looking back, into 1978 -

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2522dfor.html -
Ann Ellinwood. Same nose (ish), same dainty chin. Went missing at 12 years old, seen getting into a pickup truck with a known sex offender. Could've spent 2 years before she died being trafficked / abused.

Earlier in the thread, someone suggested Barbara Bruno missing since August 1980 with a picture taken in approx 1976. It's the chin and the eyes that draw me to her, and to Carl's beautiful art (have to call it that, some of the reconstructions are awesome- even under the saddest of circumstances for doing them) however, even though she is mentioned as a possibility on several threads, she doesn't appear to have one of her own here? I have manually searched 1980's missing persons and used advanced search, if anyone can find a thread or knows how to start one correctly? Is it worth starting? PS: thankyou in advance:)

:thanksgiving:

Happy Thanksgiving, Ruthie/WCJD...I truly hope that you are home before the next one. :rose:

I know most of my posts on this thread are very emotional but this is my main pet case, so it means a lot to me.

It's so heartbreaking to think that her surviving family members may be doing something as simple as eating dinner, when one of their children might say something that reminds them of something their sister/cousin said. Wow, she reminds me so much of {..}. And they have to carry that weight around, the weight of always wondering what happened to her, and never finding closure.

I am convinced that someone out there is still looking for her and misses her. She was well-cared for and she had nice clothes and jewelry; so someone had to have bought them for her. I am convinced there is a legitimate reason that she hasn't been identified; I wonder if the reports were purged.

Whatever the reason is, the main concern is she get her name back. Her case haunts me everyday. Her final hours were dreadful and I think of them too often. However, when she does get her name back, we can think about the brief life she did live. And, in that time, I hope she was a truly happy person.

I agree with you that there's likely a legitimate reason why she hasn't been identified, and I think that's probably true of most of our unidentified people.

I agree with you that there's likely a legitimate reason why she hasn't been identified, and I think that's probably true of most of our unidentified people.

Yes. People don't spend their lives unknown. They meet people at school or summer camp, some go to church etc. so someone had to know her.
But in those days especially, it was very common for the report to be purged/dismissed as a runaway, which I am guessing may have happened to Ruthie's MP report, as well as many other UIDs MP reports.
I think she hasn't been forgotten. And they may not even know her case file isn't active.

Yes. People don't spend their lives unknown. They meet people at school or summer camp, some go to church etc. so someone had to know her.
But in those days especially, it was very common for the report to be purged/dismissed as a runaway, which I am guessing may have happened to Ruthie's MP report, as well as many other UIDs MP reports.
I think she hasn't been forgotten. And they may not even know her case file isn't active.

Yeah, exactly. And many of the cases that were properly reported were simply allowed to age out of the system, or records were lost in archives or purged after a certain number of years.

Another thing that happened in many states is that a person who was under 18 when reported missing was removed from the system after 18 or sometimes 21, when they became an adult. In those states all juvenile records must be removed and destroyed.

Yeah, exactly. And many of the cases that were properly reported were simply allowed to age out of the system, or records were lost in archives or purged after a certain number of years.

Another thing that happened in many states is that a person who was under 18 when reported missing was removed from the system after 18 or sometimes 21, when they became an adult. In those states all juvenile records must be removed and destroyed.

That is terrible, and so sad. This is the main reason I find it so important for the media to discuss UIDs, and how reports were destroyed. It seems most of them may not know the file is inactive, like Tammy's family.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents about something - the inverted nipple makes me definitely think she is at the lower end of the age range. In puberty, female bodies change a great deal. Inverted nipples often correct themselves as young women finish puberty , around 18-20. For some women it does not correct itself until childbirth. I know that these are not hard and fast rules, but they make me think Ruthie was likely only about 14.

Wow that's a great point, Zelda. Of course, why would only one be inverted and not both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's a great point, Zelda. Of course, why would only one be inverted and not both?

Thank you :)

I suppose one had corrected and the other was in the process of doing so. But it's hard to tell. So many strange questions. I was also thinking that the inverted nipple may allow a romantic partner to identify her, but of course, she's likely too young to have engaged in such activities.

That is very interesting! Thank you both Zelda and Cvaldez!
I would think a mother would know if her daughter had an inverted nipple. Unless it didn't become inverted until puberty? I really don't know.
Also is it hereditary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members