Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I recall reading somewhere that the gas station attendant ID'd her body as the girl he'd seen the night before. I'm not sure where I read that, maybe a link somewhere earlier in the thread.

The more I think about this case, the more I believe it may be related to that of orange socks. However I'm not sure both the girls were killed by Henry Lee Lucas. It occurred to me that LE may not have released evidence from Ruthie's sandals because they connected her to orange socks and didn't want to inform the public of a re opened homicide case.

Just speculation of course.

The more I think about this case, the more I believe it may be related to that of orange socks. However I'm not sure both the girls were killed by Henry Lee Lucas. It occurred to me that LE may not have released evidence from Ruthie's sandals because they connected her to orange socks and didn't want to inform the public of a re opened homicide case.

Just speculation of course.

That would be a good explanation for not releasing whether they have DNA.

If that was the case, then it would be similar to Bitter Creek Betty, who had DNA evidence on her remains that was connected to another unidentified woman found closeby.

Does anyone here know if DNA evidence was collected from Orange Socks? Will go over to her thread and ask there as well.

hell, all 4 of them could be tied. I feel that a truck driver murdered them all.
That would be a good explanation for not releasing whether they have DNA.

If that was the case, then it would be similar to Bitter Creek Betty, who had DNA evidence on her remains that was connected to another unidentified woman found closeby.

Does anyone here know if DNA evidence was collected from Orange Socks? Will go over to her thread and ask there as well.

hell, all 4 of them could be tied. I feel that a truck driver murdered them all.

Have to agree--I don't think any of these murders were personal. I think they were all done by a sick, sick man who knew he could get away quickly.

They were all sexually assaulted FWIW, although unfortunately that is very common with female victims :(

you know, bitter creek betty was said to have been tortured and whoever killed her was sadisitic. her cause of death was an ice pick up the nostril. and they say the same for ruthie. (well not the cause of death but that her killer was sadistic and she was tortured) certainly not the only women to have that fate but it strikes me the killer was probably a trucker in both cases.

Have to agree--I don't think any of these murders were personal. I think they were all done by a sick, sick man who knew he could get away quickly.

They were all sexually assaulted FWIW, although unfortunately that is very common with female victims :(

I think, while these cases may not all be tied, they are all similar. Hitchhiking is really dangerous. I remember as a teenager I was very troubled and ran away a few times, and when I came home my parents were relieved to hear I hadn't hitchhiked. Almost more so than me being back in one piece! Lol.

But it it's not too much to believe that these crimes were all committed by truck drivers. I believe so, anyway.

This photo wasn't available then. A man very recently said he believes she may be the girl photographed, who he met.

M TIME STRAPPED BUT DID ANYONE POST THIS YET , I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PIC!!!!! you would think that this would be released at the time for possible id?????

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2015/12/seeking-identity-of-woman-possible.html

I had seen the photo in the last couple of days but it suggests at the top of your link that it was obtained with some items relating to Walker Doe. That is the bit surprising to me because like Springrain has mentioned it was apparently shared with someone to find her name - so thankyou for posting the link :-)

Yeah, it was not "found with some items relating". I feel they should change that, it is misleading--though I sure am happy to see the picture getting more exposure :)

Yeah, it was not "found with some items relating". I feel they should change that, it is misleading--though I sure am happy to see the picture getting more exposure :)
Wow! I wonder what that means? Maybe her necklace? Or something?

Wow! I wonder what that means? Maybe her necklace? Or something?

The information in that blog is incorrect. There were no "items relating to WCJD" found with that photo, and the photo was taken in 1980 (sometime after April), not the mid-70's.

The photo comes from a brother and sister who were staying at a motel in Texas in 1980 (with their mother and step-father). The step father worked on radio antenna towers, and traveled around frequently, and stayed in motels in the course of his occupation. While they were at one motel (their best recollection was that it was in Beeville), they met this girl (possibly named "Cathy"), and for those few days, the sister and "Cathy" became friends and spent a lot of time swimming in the pool together and doing each other's hair. At the time, the brother and sister were 12 and 10 years old, respectively. "Cathy" told them that she was 14 years old, and a runaway from Corpus Christi. She was staying at the motel with a couple, about mid-30's in age.

Both the brother (who lives in Texas) and sister (who lives in Oregon) saw the publicity on WCJD independent of each other, and both immediately thought of "Cathy" without prompting by the other. When the sister came to Texas to visit her brother and mother, he asked if she had seen the articles on WCJD, and she immediately said yes, and that the story and drawings of WCJD reminded her of Cathy. When they asked their mother about Cathy, the mother said yes she also remembered her, and said "I even have a photo of her".

Both siblings remember that "Cathy" wore clothing similar to the clothing description of WCJD, and added that she didn't seem to have very many clothes.

There are a few other details provided by the brother that tie in even more to WCJD's narrative, but the sister says that she doesn't remember those details, so I haven't put those details out for discussion.

The information in that blog is incorrect. There were no "items relating to WCJD" found with that photo, and the photo was taken in 1980 (sometime after April), not the mid-70's.

The photo comes from a brother and sister who were staying at a motel in Texas in 1980 (with their mother and step-father). The step father worked on radio antenna towers, and traveled around frequently, and stayed in motels in the course of his occupation. While they were at one motel (their best recollection was that it was in Beeville), they met this girl (possibly named "Cathy"), and for those few days, the sister and "Cathy" became friends and spent a lot of time swimming in the pool together and doing each other's hair. At the time, the brother and sister were 12 and 10 years old, respectively. "Cathy" told them that she was 14 years old, and a runaway from Corpus Christi. She was staying at the motel with a couple, about mid-30's in age.

Both the brother (who lives in Texas) and sister (who lives in Oregon) saw the publicity on WCJD independent of each other, and both immediately thought of "Cathy" without prompting by the other. When the sister came to Texas to visit her brother and mother, he asked if she had seen the articles on WCJD, and she immediately said yes, and that the story and drawings of WCJD reminded her of Cathy. When they asked their mother about Cathy, the mother said yes she also remembered her, and said "I even have a photo of her".

Both siblings remember that "Cathy" wore clothing similar to the clothing description of WCJD, and added that she didn't seem to have very many clothes.

There are a few other details provided by the brother that tie in even more to WCJD's narrative, but the sister says that she doesn't remember those details, so I haven't put those details out for discussion.
Thanks for clearing that up Carl. I saw the photo on Facebook but wasn't clear on the associated 'items'. Exciting news about the photo though. Could be a god lead.

cathywcj.jpg

I see similarities in forehead, nose, eyebrows and chin. This could be the breakthrough we have been praying for.

The main thing now is getting her name out there. Like others, I see a very strong resemblance--the main thing is, of course, identifying her and, if she is still missing (which I suspect) that a report be filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109