Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane does look similar. She would have been 20 years old in 1980, a bit older than the estimated age for WCJD but still possible.

Idk i have this crazy thing in my head thinking maybe she was taken at a very young age and maybe growing up she thought she was "adopted" and was abused by the people who took her and she ran away from the abusive home so maybe there is a missing person report from where she was young. So I've been checking missing kids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Her body was wrapped in a white sheet, her hands bound behind her back with rope, and dumped near a cemetery in Woodlawn.

Four decades later, no one has identified the young woman found in September 1976. But Baltimore County detectives say they've received a potential break in the case of the "Woodlawn Jane Doe:" new forensic evidence culled from microscopic grains of pollen that clung to her clothing has bolstered a theory that she came from the Boston area.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-co-woodlawn-jane-doe-20160308-story.html

Has anybody contacted the youth shelter in galveston? I though I saw somewhere in the thread that someobe was.

I'm thinking this is a waiting game for someone to come forward and tell us who 'Cathy' was. It's so hard to wait, though.

I'm thinking this is a waiting game for someone to come forward and tell us who 'Cathy' was. It's so hard to wait, though.

Yes, it is a waiting game. There is really nothing we can do regarding "Kathy" until someone who recognizes her comes forward.

Did any of the witnesses who spoke to her before she died mention an accent of any kind? That would have been something I would have picked up on right away, if she had one. Being from the Northeast, southern accents stick out like a sore thumb, and I imagine the reverse would be true, that mine would be noticeable if I were in Texas, especially back in the 80s. If they didn't pick up on it, it could be because she had the same/similar one as theirs, which would mean she would have been somewhat local, in my opinion, anyway.

Did any of the witnesses who spoke to her before she died mention an accent of any kind? .

The people who spoke with her were asked, and they said she didn't have a discernible accent. What isn't clear is if a person from Texas would take note of a Texas accent, or if "not discernible" means a non-Texas accent.

The people who spoke with her were asked, and they said she didn't have a discernible accent. What isn't clear is if a person from Texas would take note of a Texas accent, or if "not discernible" means a non-Texas accent.

I understand. Not discernible could mean a couple things. Thanks!

I'm sorry if I've asked this before, but does anyone have a more complete list of rule outs for this case? I only saw 9 in NamUs. Are there more?

I'm pretty sure there are tons of rule outs for WCJD, they may even be listed somewhere on this thread. Most girls that fit the description, location and timeline have been ruled out. I think it's safe to say whoever WCJD is - hasn't been reported missing yet. I really believe that WCJD is "Kitty" that was mentioned in a May 1980 news article in The Galveston County Daily News. I called the youth home "Kitty" stayed at and am hoping they can connect me with someone who may remember her.

I'm pretty sure there are tons of rule outs for WCJD, they may even be listed somewhere on this thread. Most girls that fit the description, location and timeline have been ruled out. I think it's safe to say whoever WCJD is - hasn't been reported missing yet. I really believe that WCJD is "Kitty" that was mentioned in a May 1980 news article in The Galveston County Daily News. I called the youth home "Kitty" stayed at and am hoping they can connect me with someone who may remember her.

A couple of other possibilities: there's an error in the missing girl's file or WCJD's file that prevents a match from being noticed (wrong last seen date, for instance); she was reported as a minor in a state that requires the records of minors to be purged when they reach adulthood, and the family is not aware the report is no longer on file; the report was lost or purged or destroyed (many records lost in fires, floods, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx