Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Vicki Martinez
AKA: -
Case Number: M0804012
Race:White Sex: Female
DOB:8/29/1960 Age Missing: 19
Height: 5 ft. 04 in. Weight: 100 lb.
Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Blue
Area Last Seen: San Antonio (Bexar County)
Miscellaneous Notes: Ms. Martinez was last seen wearing cutoff blue jeans and a blue tank top. She is known to wear her hair waist length and is right handed.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M4/29/20083:27:26PM'

She has blue eyes, so I looked up what an Optometrist had to about post mortem eye color change. The Optometrist is quoted below:

"It happens to all dead people and is not a iris colour change but clouding of the cornea which is the front covering of the eye. The cornea becomes a milky semi transparent layer and obscures the iris colour beneath it.

The cornea is not naturally transparent; it is kept transparent by the active transport of water out by the cells on the back of the cornea. After death, transport stops and the cornea clouds over. You can see this in dead fish at the fish market."

My Link is not working for some reason but if you go here and click on Vicki Martinez it will take you to the very same URL without a problem?

https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/bittid/missingperson.htm

An Alexander Martinez was on dead row, but I'm not sure there is a family relation or if he was incardinated at that time.

Quietly wondering why that old magazine article felt the need to mention that WCJD was "attractive"... she was a murder victim, not Miss Teen America.

On one of the youtube channel comments a user claims that a beer bottle was kicked into her private area. He claimed a detective told him that years ago.
Has anyone else heard this? this just seems so odd to me. I had kind of pictured her killer as a sadistic killer but this seems to me to be more of a brutal killing. I really feel queasy at the thought of this. Anyone have any thoughts?

I saw that too! I was wondering the same thing too. Since many of the descriptions I've read about the case says that she was violated with a blunt object, to me it could be possible that the commenter was telling the truth.

I'm a bit confused on the timing, though. It says that she was at the first location at 6:30 pm which was the Gulf Station, So she must have arrived at the Hitchin' Post much later than that, and that is where she was last seen, at the Hitchin' Post. I wonder what time did they see her at the HP, I haven't read anything on that.

I'd really love to be able to look through all of the possible sightings on that fateful day. Even the ones that the investigators thought were false. IMO either the gulf or the hitchin post could be false sightings. There is really no reason for secrecy after so many years.

Its was indeed a brutal murder, it is interesting no sexual asualt. Could it be whomever she was going to see in person had a GF or wife that knew she was going there and intercepted her.

There is a lot of women whom will cut a girl for messing with their man.

Could it have been a woman's jealous rage... . .

Has anyone looked into women in TX that have commited sadistic murders of this nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michelle Garvey wasn't sexually assaulted either. It's unusual.

Its was indeed a brutal murder, it is interesting no sexual asualt. Could it be whomever she was going to see in person had a GF or wife that knew she was going there and intercepted her.

Has anyone looked into women in TX that have commited sadistic murders of this nature.

She was sexually assaulted with a blunt object. But yeah, I think the possibility of a jealous girlfriend or wife is there too.

If it was a man, why a blunt object? why not his penis or some other body part?

She was beaten, sexually assaulted with a blunt object (wondering if they know what kind of object, did they find something of it in her vagina) and strangled (slowly....I have read that but I don't know how they could know that) So very sadistic, really wanting to hurt her extreme.

I'm sure you have thoughts about that yourself...maybe the person had no penis, or a nonworking penis, just because he/she was a sadistic animal, maybe even someone who thought she was 'dirty', hating women and not wanting to use his penis because of that, etc...

I'm not sure if a woman is physically capable of slow strangulation. As I understand strangling somebody is not that easy, so you have to be strong, but I could be wrong. Off course some women are very strong.....

Exactly .... Not ruling a possibility of a man out however have to think of a local explanation for not utilizing his own manly parts for a sexual assault. Could have very well been a man with a hatred for women.

The assault and murder was horribly sadistic ...

She was beaten, sexually assaulted with a blunt object (wondering if they know what kind of object, did they find something of it in her vagina) and strangled (slowly....I have read that but I don't know how they could know that) So very sadistic, really wanting to hurt her extreme.

I don't know it to be a fact but I read on a user comment on a different website that a detective told some guy that the object was a beer bottle.

Well I called classification and spoke with release department and they DO NOT have a list of inmates released that day in 1980!?!?!? Ughh how could they NOT !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly .... Not ruling a possibility of a man out however have to think of a local explanation for not utilizing his own manly parts for a sexual assault. Could have very well been a man with a hatred for women.

The assault and murder was horribly sadistic ...

Men have often used objects in sexual assaults.. it's more about inflicting pain and being controlling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very frustrating to hear. This is a STATE and not FEDERAL prison, correct? Let me connect to fellow attys I know in TX to see if I can drum up some leads on how to go about finding these records. Trust me, they are somewhere. The question is whether they are public/physically capable of being dug up.

The more I think about this case, the more I believe that she was (a going to meet someone due to be released that day or b) going to see someone that worked there. I can't see a teenage girl not wanting to hang with friends on Halloween but instead going all the way to a prison to attempt a visit that she wouldn't have been able to have made because it was after hours. Something about that scenario doesn't add up to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90