Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought that the person she intended to meet at the prison was someone being released that day, because otherwise she had no reason to believe that she would be allowed to visit this prisoner.

Very frustrating to hear. This is a STATE and not FEDERAL prison, correct? Let me connect to fellow attys I know in TX to see if I can drum up some leads on how to go about finding these records. Trust me, they are somewhere. The question is whether they are public/physically capable of being dug up.

Yes is TDCJ is Texas Department of criminal justice .. back then it was just TDC Texas department of corrections .. same organization just name change to be more "proper" I guess !,!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about this case, the more I believe that she was (a going to meet someone due to be released that day or b) going to see someone that worked there. I can't see a teenage girl not wanting to hang with friends on Halloween but instead going all the way to a prison to attempt a visit that she wouldn't have been able to have made because it was after hours. Something about that scenario doesn't add up to me.

Not only after hours but also wrong day. VIsitation has always been only on weekends .. to my understanding (and checking with officers, I lived in prison units my whole childhood )

I Agree that she might have been going there to see someone who worked there... but I don't think she made it there. I think she took a ride with a trucker who did this. I've just always had the feeling it was a trucker.

copied from my post on the Tina Faye Kemp thread... I have been comparing Tina Faye Kemp to Walker County Doe. I read articles and their doenetwork.org profiles. It really seems like a match to me. They both have a scar near the right eye brow, mentioned in reports. I can also see three freckles and/or moles that are close to each other. It appears that the time periods match up. For girls, this is a growth period, and Walker Doe was wearing heels and may have appeared taller, if the height was from a witness, as it seems in an article. If she spent a lot of time outside and traveling, her hair might be lighter. Tina's appears dark, maybe dyed?, to medium brown in her pictures, and I do notice a red tinge to it. Walker Doe is said to have light brown with a red tint.

The reason these two caught my eye was because I had noticed the Walker Doe post mortem had prominent cheekbones with small chin, like a heart-shaped face. I also noticed her eyebrows were oddly shaped, like heavier on the outer portion, which is very odd. When I saw Tina Kemp's photo, right away I noticed her odd eyebrows. Young girls, when they start plucking, they often don't know what they are doing. Still, the outer portion in both photos seems thicker than a normal brow. Both girls appear to have freckles. I find the post mortem of Walker doe to have a lot of photo shop smudging. If you look very closely I think you can see a mole on her neck. It's very blurry.

Another thing about the post mortem, her lips were very swollen, in fact her face looks swollen. Tina has thinner lips. This can be understood, Knowing there was a beating and strangulation. There is injury to the lip, visible.

I noticed also that Tina Kemp wears yellow, and things with red on them. Like her shoes were red and white when she ran away. On the other hand, Walker Doe was wearing a long yellow pullover with big pockets, both girls last known wearing jeans. Walker Doe had red high heels.

Also, I noticed that Walker Doe was seen, "To the best of his recollection, she had been let out of a 1973 or 1974 blue Chevrolet with a lighter colored top, possibly a Caprice, which was being driven by a white male. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling and perhaps sleeping in her clothes."-from her doenetwork profile.

Now up above, one of you was posting all the serial killers and info. One of them was mentioned to be driving a similar car, a 1971 green Chrysler. Also, it said he was born in Arkansas. Walker County Doe replied that she was from Arkansas (Pass and Rockport, area), when she was asked. She was also asking for directions to a prison to see a friend. Could this serial killer guy have been going to see a friend, but, maybe had a felony and wouldn't be allowed to go visit? so he took the girl to go in for him? Or maybe it was a story, to get her on a road trip with him, so he could dump her in a distant state?

This is my first post on Websleuths. I hope I followed the rules okay. Let me know if I didn't. Also, Zelda, I see your footer case is Walker Doe, and you follow this case as well. When I came here to post my ideas, I was surprised to see Walker Does photo in this thread.

sorry to be so lengthy.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/91uftx.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2966dfde.html

If one feels they have a match it's still worth reporting , mistakes have been made

How did you check the DNA available? I'm new.

The NamUs pages for both the missing person and the unidentified person have DNA sections. You can go to that tab on both pages, and it will say whether DNA is available. There are some exceptions, but in most cases, if both cases say "DNA available - Tests Complete", the MP and UP will automatically be compared in the CODIS system and it can be presumed that they are not a match by virtue of the fact that there isn't a hit.

copied from my post on the Tina Faye Kemp thread... I have been comparing Tina Faye Kemp to Walker County Doe. I read articles and their doenetwork.org profiles. It really seems like a match to me. They both have a scar near the right eye brow, mentioned in reports. I can also see three freckles and/or moles that are close to each other. It appears that the time periods match up. For girls, this is a growth period, and Walker Doe was wearing heels and may have appeared taller, if the height was from a witness, as it seems in an article. If she spent a lot of time outside and traveling, her hair might be lighter. Tina's appears dark, maybe dyed?, to medium brown in her pictures, and I do notice a red tinge to it. Walker Doe is said to have light brown with a red tint.

The reason these two caught my eye was because I had noticed the Walker Doe post mortem had prominent cheekbones with small chin, like a heart-shaped face. I also noticed her eyebrows were oddly shaped, like heavier on the outer portion, which is very odd. When I saw Tina Kemp's photo, right away I noticed her odd eyebrows. Young girls, when they start plucking, they often don't know what they are doing. Still, the outer portion in both photos seems thicker than a normal brow. Both girls appear to have freckles. I find the post mortem of Walker doe to have a lot of photo shop smudging. If you look very closely I think you can see a mole on her neck. It's very blurry.

Another thing about the post mortem, her lips were very swollen, in fact her face looks swollen. Tina has thinner lips. This can be understood, Knowing there was a beating and strangulation. There is injury to the lip, visible.

I noticed also that Tina Kemp wears yellow, and things with red on them. Like her shoes were red and white when she ran away. On the other hand, Walker Doe was wearing a long yellow pullover with big pockets, both girls last known wearing jeans. Walker Doe had red high heels.

Also, I noticed that Walker Doe was seen, "To the best of his recollection, she had been let out of a 1973 or 1974 blue Chevrolet with a lighter colored top, possibly a Caprice, which was being driven by a white male. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling and perhaps sleeping in her clothes."-from her doenetwork profile.

Now up above, one of you was posting all the serial killers and info. One of them was mentioned to be driving a similar car, a 1971 green Chrysler. Also, it said he was born in Arkansas. Walker County Doe replied that she was from Arkansas (Pass and Rockport, area), when she was asked. She was also asking for directions to a prison to see a friend. Could this serial killer guy have been going to see a friend, but, maybe had a felony and wouldn't be allowed to go visit? so he took the girl to go in for him? Or maybe it was a story, to get her on a road trip with him, so he could dump her in a distant state?

This is my first post on Websleuths. I hope I followed the rules okay. Let me know if I didn't. Also, Zelda, I see your footer case is Walker Doe, and you follow this case as well. When I came here to post my ideas, I was surprised to see Walker Does photo in this thread.

sorry to be so lengthy.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/91uftx.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2966dfde.html

BBM Arkansas and Aransas Pass two different places . Just in case you missed that She aid she was from Aransas Pass TX

mia - how would we find a roster or list of employees at Ellis for the time period we're looking at? Probably a real long shot. Per the news stories, both the prisoners and employees were shown pictures of WCJD and not one claimed to recognize her. I think it may be possible that a) she was estranged from part of her family due to divorce, had been removed from the home and put in foster care, was adopted and looking for a biologic parent, or b) the person she was looking for did not know they had a connection to her. I agree that she was probably killed by a long-haul trucker/serial killer due to where she was found and where she was last seen. IMO, and please don't get mad, knowing who killed her really won't help us find out who she was unless the killer confesses and even remembers. For me, I think the key is trying to figure out who she was looking for.

mia - how would we find a roster or list of employees at Ellis for the time period we're looking at? Probably a real long shot. Per the news stories, both the prisoners and employees were shown pictures of WCJD and not one claimed to recognize her. I think it may be possible that a) she was estranged from part of her family due to divorce, had been removed from the home and put in foster care, was adopted and looking for a biologic parent, or b) the person she was looking for did not know they had a connection to her. I agree that she was probably killed by a long-haul trucker/serial killer due to where she was found and where she was last seen. IMO, and please don't get mad, knowing who killed her really won't help us find out who she was unless the killer confesses and even remembers. For me, I think the key is trying to figure out who she was looking for.

I'm pretty sure that would be to protected .. inmates record sometimes is public record .. and I agree looking for who she was looking for or who was in the blue car is the key to the mystery

She was sexually assaulted with a blunt object. But yeah, I think the possibility of a jealous girlfriend or wife is there too.

This has nothing to do with WCJC... However came across an incident in NOLA that was a similar sexual assault with a blunt object along with bite marks on the chest. This is also a period where Lucas/O'Toole were in the area if I remember correctly but whom knows.

Advocate - 032083.jpg

I would like to see Tammy Surdam ruled out.....she's not on the list on NAMUS.

If you look at the post mortem pics, she is soooo young. I'd say closer to 14.
Truly heartbreaking.
Raped with a blunt object, beaten, and strangled. An impotent attacker. Quite a signature.

Oh, I agree, WCJD is definitely on the "14" side of the "14 to 16" age estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Btoole5