Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought of this. I still firmly believe it was a trucker. Has anyone looked at Huntsville or surrounding residents known to be rapists that are believed to have been active around 1980?

"Kathleen/Cathleen" looks close though WCJD had been beaten which would make a difference.
Oh yeah. I definitely agree. WCJD's face is horribly bruised/swollen in post-mortem.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Apparently the funeral home put a ton of make-up and such on WCJD to make her suitable for the open-casket funeral.

Just thought of this. I still firmly believe it was a trucker. Has anyone looked at Huntsville or surrounding residents known to be rapists that are believed to have been active around 1980?

Being from Huntsville . I've heard rumors even some about people particularly close to her story, but no proof and not enough facts to actually point a finger at anyone .. also one would have to consider soo many girls killed along I45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the witnesses seem to have said anything about WCJD having a non-Texas accent?

None of the witnesses seem to have said anything about WCJD having a non-Texas accent?

The detective said that she didn't have an accent. What he wasn't clear about was whether a Texan would consider a Texan accent to be an "accent".

One other thing I remember him saying that was never mentioned in the publicity was that the waitress stated that she came across as street-wise. She had a confident air about her, like someone who "knew how to run a con".

Okay, so it's unclear whether she has a Texan accent because it's hard for one person with said accent to define it. So there is still a possibility that she could be Texan by that logic. I wish the detective was more clear on whether or not she had a "non-Texan" accent.

I don't believe that she's Texan, just thinking out loud. But jeez, this case is giving the run around.
The detective said that she didn't have an accent. What he wasn't clear about was whether a Texan would consider a Texan accent to be an "accent".

One other thing I remember him saying that was never mentioned in the publicity was that the waitress stated that she came across as street-wise. She had a confident air about her, like someone who "knew how to run a con".

What puzzles me slightly is how someone who is confident and streetwise could get themselves in a situation like WCJD where a presumed serial killer could torture and kill them.

What puzzles me slightly is how someone who is confident and streetwise could get themselves in a situation like WCJD where a presumed serial killer could torture and kill them.
I agree. The assault does seem like it was done by a "professional" since she was assaulted the way she was. It makes me wonder if there are others like WCJD.

That's an interesting tidbit. Sounds like she may have been on her own or in the system for some time, then.

Maybe she was overly confident?

Looking at myself....streetwise...hitchhiking....nothing in my system ever thought somebody could harm me....(and that would be so easy) 15-16 years...and obviously I had a lot of guardian angels...or simply didn't run into a monster....

prostitutes and street ppl of all kinds get "conned" all the time. you can be street wise but someone will always be more so.

I agree with streetwise and probably over confident. Arriving from who knows where and making her way across an unfamiliar, as far as we can tell, town to see someone at a max security prison unit. So very confident, brave, self assured. But very young. And how much did people know about serial killers at that time? Our access to news and info now is almost too much at times compared to then. I feel that she was probably a victim of one of the long haul/trucker killers that was up and down I45. But because he didn't keep her long, I think he just doesn't remember her as significant. If he is currently incarcerated, he either doesn't remember or has chosen not to confess to her murder. If he's not been caught, we may not know for a long time if ever. I don't believe it was local, there are too many places in Huntsville and East Texas to get rid of a body that would take years to find. I think this killer had so much disdain for her, he just threw her away and didn't care when or how she was found.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Do we know if the beating was with the implements or the killer's fists and hands?

This guy was a long term serial killer as he knew to jam her vaginal and anal cavities to prevent bleeding out.

Do we know if the beating was with the implements or the killer's fists and hands?

This guy was a long term serial killer as he knew to jam her vaginal and anal cavities to prevent bleeding out.
I would like to know this too. I doubt it would help identify the JD but it does seem like pertinent information.

I was thinking the same thing. If the person who did this was that knowledgeable, I'm 100% positive that there are other victims other than WCJD.

Forgive me if this is obvious but what would the purpose for that be? Like does it prevent her from bleeding from those areas? Why would that matter to someone dumping a body? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I'm sure she THOUGHT she was, as most kids her age all THINK they are , and maybe she had some ,, but an important thing we all forget when searching for un-ids from years ago.. Tomes were sooo different ..communication was so much more limited then what it is now.. the worlds horrors weren't discussed or even known world wide ( as it is now thanks to www) and when kids were hard to handle rebellious they weren't coddled .. a lot of time they were given up on as not to put a "blot" on the family name ..

That is certainly a possibility, but it is also possible that he is merely a recreational hunter.

I have shot quite a few turkeys, pigs, kangaroos etc... over the years, and almost without fail they will void their bowels on the usually fairly short drive back home.

The very first turkey I ever shot left quite a mess in the back of my vehicle, since that day I always have large plastic storage containers, as well as some kind of tarp, some large garbage bags etc... to prevent blood and other substances getting into my vehicle's upholstery.

So it's also a possibility that if this guy had ever transported anything a lot less sinister (eg a dead deer) that he would have learned that he needed to take steps to keep his vehicle clean (remembering that this was 1980 and he was probably only wanting to avoid a large stain he might need to explain, and not concerned about tiny traces)

I'm sure she THOUGHT she was, as most kids her age all THINK they are , and maybe she had some ,, but an important thing we all forget when searching for un-ids from years ago.. Tomes were sooo different ..communication was so much more limited then what it is now.. the worlds horrors weren't discussed or even known world wide ( as it is now thanks to www) and when kids were hard to handle rebellious they weren't coddled .. a lot of time they were given up on as not to put a "blot" on the family name ..

It's very hard for kids of today to know what the world was like for those of us that grew up in it. We actually wrote letters to people or played phone tag until they made answering machines. Then we had caller ID which cost more money to add to your phone service.

Kids weren't "given up" they just left. I was the black sheep of the family. Always out, when I got older (15-17) I wouldn't go home. I went to school; in fact graduated from beauty school and high school at the same time while holding a job. Unless I was at work with my dad my parents wouldn't know where I was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne