Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent the galveston news paper a mesaage thru FB asking them if they happen to have a clearer picture of kitty they said they don't have the original, they got it from abc13. I already sent them an email so hopefully they respond

So, I found another article that basically confirms that Kitty and Kathy are not the same. The Boston Globe did a write-up on the Runaway documentary on June 2, 1980. Kitty is 17. There was a follow-up to the original documentary a year later in 1981 but newspaper mentions of it don't go over what runaways were profiled. With this information, I don't think Kitty and Kathy are the same person, but I think Kitty is still a good candidate for WCJD.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 19800602 - BostonGlobe - Runaway.png
    19800602 - BostonGlobe - Runaway.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 871
It says she went to jr high school. Does anybody remember the girl on FB that said she remembers hanging out with a girl who I believe lived in front of her house but she only saw her in jr high, that the girl stayed with her a couple of times but then never saw her she said she came from an abusive home.

It says she went to jr high school. Does anybody remember the girl on FB that said she remembers hanging out with a girl who I believe lived in front of her house but she only saw her in jr high, that the girl stayed with her a couple of times but then never saw her she said she came from an abusive home.

I think it's back in the thread somewhere. I'll look when I'm on the laptop. Too hard to do from the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has been suggested already.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/taylor_patricia.html this case was added to Charley Project yesterday, and I believe Taylor sorta resembles WCJD. The dates are kinda cutting it close, but the age, height, and weight seem to match up. Kinda sad how she seemed to get pushed from place to place, and her siblings are desperately looking for her.

Celina was last seen walking north on Shoemaker Ave from Foster Road, which is away from the high school. That appears to be in Norwalk CA. https://goo.gl/maps/DxHzJ25C4Az

The map shows another high school in the next block but I don't know whether it was there in 1976.

I was looking into the mention of Ellis Prison and wondered if anyone has ever examined a possible connection to James David Autry?

Autry was sentenced to death for shooting and killing a convenience store clerk in Port Arthur, TX on April 20, 1980. He was moved to Ellis Prison on October 10, 1980 and executed on March 14, 1984.

I was hoping to read back about coverage of the trial but unfortunately, Port Arthur News is digitized for every year between 1921 and the present, except 1980.

The more I look into this case, and read about true crime etc, the more I think the person who killed this girl has certainly killed before and MAY have a military connection, because of the panties stuffed inside of her to stop bleeding. Bludgeoning & strangulation is the most common method used by serial murderers. The confiscation of the clothing. Though I still don't know why the jewellery was left on her.

Jmo

The more I look into this case, and read about true crime etc, the more I think the person who killed this girl has certainly killed before and MAY have a military connection, because of the panties stuffed inside of her to stop bleeding. Bludgeoning & strangulation is the most common method used by serial murderers. The confiscation of the clothing. Though I still don't know why the jewellery was left on her.

Jmo

I was actually thinking that Autry was who WCJD was going to visit. Autry came from a "broken" home and Port Arthur, where he lived, is just an hour from Galveston.

I wonder if there is a way to find out if there is a connection? I took a minute to Google James David Autry and found out that he had a brother who killed an elderly woman in 1984. She was beaten, raped and strangled and the article mentioned "bite marks". He committed suicide in prison in 1988. His name was Robert Allen Autry.

Is anyone here good at Google news archives? Would like to see if we can find an article from back then that describes what she was wearing because the new article says different then what we've always thought.

New - Yellow pullover shirt
Dirty white colored knit sweater with big pockets, length past the waist line

From Porch light Dec 23, 2006 - 09:04 AM East Texas Today magazine - Whose Child is This? - by Michael L. Hargraves

She had been wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and she was carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand.

I'll see what I can find Friday when I get back to my laptop. Seems like I remember looking up articles on her before; hopefully I saved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking into the mention of Ellis Prison and wondered if anyone has ever examined a possible connection to James David Autry?

Autry was sentenced to death for shooting and killing a convenience store clerk in Port Arthur, TX on April 20, 1980. He was moved to Ellis Prison on October 10, 1980 and executed on March 14, 1984.

I was hoping to read back about coverage of the trial but unfortunately, Port Arthur News is digitized for every year between 1921 and the present, except 1980.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth500309/m1/1/zoom/

Autry was one of 6 kids with divorced parents. He was born in Amarillo and was in youth detention (Gatesville) by age 13 as a runaway. He bounced in and out of incarceration for the next 13 years. In January of 1980 he moved to Port Arthur and worked in the propane industry. Not 4 months after his arrival he is arrested for murder. Interestingly, Autry did have 2 pen pals that attended his execution- a man from Houston and a married woman (with 3 kids) from the Dallas area.

Nevertheless, Port Arthur is quite a ways up the coast from Port Aransas/Rockport. I doubt there is connection specifically with Autry, but this is the line of thinking investigators should be pursuing.

Coincidentally, his mother, his victim and his female, married pen pal all shared the first name Shirley.

Is anyone here good at Google news archives? Would like to see if we can find an article from back then that describes what she was wearing because the new article says different then what we've always thought.

From Porch light Dec 23, 2006 - 09:04 AM East Texas Today magazine - Whose Child is This? - by Michael L. Hargraves

She had been wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and she was carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand.

Do we know when the police first asked for the help of the press? I'm having a hard time finding any mention in the newspapers from the 80s, although I could just be using modern terminology for my search terms and she was described differently but I left my search pretty broad.

Here's a more recent article that is tagged as having their information provided by the Walker County Sheriff's department: http://walker.countynewstoday.com/front-page-slider/1980-murder-case-still-an-open-investigation/

They describe WCJD as such:

"Physical description:5 feet 6 inches, 108 lbs
Hazel eyes
15-20 years old
Brown hair 10 inches in length
Toenails painted pink with nail polish
Fingernails not painted
Ears pierced (no earrings or studs)
Inverted right nipple

Clothing:

Blue jeans
Yellow pullover shirt
Dirty white colored knit sweater with big pockets, length pass the waist line
Leather sandal shoes
Rectangular penchant with brown stone (some described as smoky stone) on gold chain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne