GUILTY TX - Ivan Castaneda & Donna Norman for child abuse, Houston, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MistyGirl said:
I think the insanity defense is such a crock of crap and should not be allowed in any cases. I think the only place for these types of people who do these things is life in prision or death penalty if the state has it. They may be insane but that is not a defense in my eyes and they still should be punished.

Come on they get up and get dressed eveyday they feed themselves, use the bathroom, they function, yet they do horrible things to children so they are insane...NOT they are just sick individuals who need to be locked up or receive the death penalty.
No, seriously, tell us how you REALLY feel, LOL! :crazy: I think insanity can be a legitimate defense. Not everybody has control of their faculties to make the right decisions. Getting up and putting on clothes is irrelevent.

Dark Knight said:
No, seriously, tell us how you REALLY feel, LOL! :crazy: I think insanity can be a legitimate defense. Not everybody has control of their faculties to make the right decisions. Getting up and putting on clothes is irrelevent.
We can agree to disagree. :crazy: I am sorry I don't mean to seem so cold and harsh but it is how I feel as I see these things happening more and more everyday. Children were not asked to be given life and it just angers me when I hear over and over again all the children that are hurt, abused and killed everyday.

WasBlind said:
Another link with photos of both suspects.

Prayers for this little one and for justice, Lanie

Norman told doctors the infant's tongue was severed when she tried to remove a quarter from the baby's mouth that had been placed there by her 15-month-old sister, prosecutor Kari Allen said

Excuse me? How can a quarter sever anything? This is the most bizarre explanation (excuse) I can imagine.

I hope that these "parents" get everything done to them that they did to their two precious daughters.

I just read this today.....

I'm sitting at work bawling my head off and thinking I'm going to be sick any minute. I almost wish I hadn't found this thread. I can't understand how anyone can do such things to a baby. God, please help these little children.

less0305 said:
I just read this today.....

I'm sitting at work bawling my head off and thinking I'm going to be sick any minute. I almost wish I hadn't found this thread. I can't understand how anyone can do such things to a baby. God, please help these little children.

I know just how you feel.

ariel7 said:
I know just how you feel.

Me too sweetie.

frown2.gif

Me too, I keep avoiding the thread... but had to check in just now to see if there was more news about the baby's condition.

Yes, Thank you for the update! I am so glad:) to hear she may yet
recover. I pray there is some special family just
waiting to love and help these little ones. (What an
awesome job the nurses have now btw...not only to
give her physical care, but the love and comfort she
needs. )

This is just horrible ... :( :( :(

They deserve to have these same things done to them, and then get lethal injection!

I was reading my local paper and a judge in Atlanta ordered sterilization for the mother accused in a child abuse case of shaking the infant. If she doesn't agree the murder charges will be reinstated. I know we have some lawyers on board, is that legal?

Regardless of the above, torturing an infant has to be the worst thing done to one human from another. I can't get my mind around this kind of abuse.

I don't know why I read these stories because they make me physically ill. How horrible. I wish I could take all of these abused babies in or start a shelter where parents could drop them off when they can't handle them. I just don't understand it.

Jeana (DP) said:
Thanks for the update Golfmom. I feel so helpless! I wish there was something we could do for this little one. Prayers I guess are the best (and only thing) we can do.

Of course prayers are the best you can do!!! It seems to be working, doesn't it??? Praise the Lord!

A 6-month-old girl who police say was sexually abused, had broken bones from head-to-toe and had her tongue cut down the center remains in critical condition but is improving, a Child Protective Services spokeswoman said today.

...The girl's kidneys shut down during the weekend but were functioning again Tuesday after doctors began dialysis, CPS spokeswoman Estella Olguin said.

"They are trying to wean her off the respirator. She is starting to breathe on her own," Olguin said. "They said that they are hopeful that she is going to recover. They know she will suffer a lot of long-term effects. ... She is moving her legs, which is a good sign. So she is not totally paralyzed."

full story here

Casshew said:
This baby has a 15month old sister too! no word on how she has been raised so far by these monsters.

The 15 month old also had a fractured skull and ribs, so it sounds like she was being treated the same.

Sprocket said:
I still believe it affects them, no matter how "young" it occurs. Imho, if the child survives, she will develop attachment disorder.

jmho, of course.

I've read that not remembering makes it even worse later in life.

ariel7 said:
For a time, maybe...I had a friend who adopted an abused 7 or 8 mo
baby. She told me that the stories one reads about the babes that
stiffen up when they are held (etc.) are indeed true in her case, but
that with much prayer and love, she was a totally different child by
age 1. Her daughter is 20 now. A very caring girl.

It can make all the difference in the world to have a loving mother figure enter their lives after abuse.

MistyGirl said:
We can agree to disagree. :crazy: I am sorry I don't mean to seem so cold and harsh but it is how I feel as I see these things happening more and more everyday. Children were not asked to be given life and it just angers me when I hear over and over again all the children that are hurt, abused and killed everyday.
I understand your anger. I get the feeling the forced sterilization in exchange for a plea might gain popularity in the coming months/years.

concernedperson said:
I was reading my local paper and a judge in Atlanta ordered sterilization for the mother accused in a child abuse case of shaking the infant. If she doesn't agree the murder charges will be reinstated. I know we have some lawyers on board, is that legal?

Regardless of the above, torturing an infant has to be the worst thing done to one human from another. I can't get my mind around this kind of abuse.

Yes, its legal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back