GUILTY TX - Ivan Castaneda & Donna Norman for child abuse, Houston, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dark Knight said:
The thing is, some crimes are so horrible you'd be hard pressed to argue AGAINST insanity, to an extent. What SANE person could do such a thing? Obviously legally, they question is only, "did they know right from wrong." And were they in control of their faculties at the time. But these are clearly not normal people. Same for the couple who starved their children and pulled their toenails out. That's not sane. It's downright demonic and/or psychotic.
I agree 100%. I also thank GOD for giving this nut case enough sense to bring the baby to the hospital where at least both children were given medical attention and a safe haven.

CJ78 said:
I agree 100%. I also thank GOD for giving this nut case enough sense to bring the baby to the hospital where at least both children were given medical attention and a safe haven.
Amen to that!

Mother accused of severely abusing baby blames her boyfriend

A young mother charged with injuring her 6-month-old daughter who police say was sexually abused and suffered numerous broken bones didn't hurt the infant, her defense attorney said Thursday.

"She did not cause the injuries to the child and she did not even have knowledge that the actions of her boyfriend were as serious as they were," defense attorney Jerald Graber said of his client, Donna Marie Norman.

Full story at link.

:snooty: Right, she didn't know anything. She thought everything was fine. After all, broken arms and legs are normal in infants.

forbidn2u2 said:

:snooty: Right, she didn't know anything. She thought everything was fine. After all, broken arms and legs are normal in infants.

And I'm sure that she just didn't notice that her daughter's tongue was nearly severed.
Between all the broken bones and internal bleeding you mean this *mother* didn't notice ANYTHING!?! Especially since they had already been investigated for abuse to their older daughter?!?!?

BULL$HIT :furious:

forbidn2u2 said:

A young mother charged with injuring her 6-month-old daughter who police say was sexually abused and suffered numerous broken bones didn't hurt the infant, her defense attorney said Thursday.

"She did not cause the injuries to the child and she did not even have knowledge that the actions of her boyfriend were as serious as they were," defense attorney Jerald Graber said of his client, Donna Marie Norman.

Full story at link.

IMO, to allow a crime to occur when it is in your power to stop it--
especially against innocent children---makes you guilty.

I just cannot fathom how a baby...and infant, can be sexually abused.

That is truly the worst thing that could happen to a poor child...
and then to be brutally beaten. What sickos!

Tristan said:
I just cannot fathom how a baby...and infant, can be sexually abused.

That is truly the worst thing that could happen to a poor child...
and then to be brutally beaten. What sickos!

I don't know how this happened but I was born with gonorrhea. I requested my medical records when my child was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease. And they were received and I was floored as it seemed I was battling this disease at 10 months old.My parents were agog at any implication and still are.I am 55 years old and they won't acknowledge any of it. So, whatever happened the implications are still there and I promise you, at 10 months I wasn't on the street having a good old time. It is the denial factor in all of its ugliness as usual. I hate to be so personal but we sometimes have to look at facts and assimilate from that and try to understand what has happened to us and how we are going forward.

concernedperson said:
I don't know how this happened but I was born with gonorrhea. I requested my medical records when my child was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease. And they were received and I was floored as it seemed I was battling this disease at 10 months old.My parents were agog at any implication and still are.I am 55 years old and they won't acknowledge any of it. So, whatever happened the implications are still there and I promise you, at 10 months I wasn't on the street having a good old time. It is the denial factor in all of its ugliness as usual. I hate to be so personal but we sometimes have to look at facts and assimilate from that and try to understand what has happened to us and how we are going forward.

I am not positive about this, but I think if you were born to a mother who had untreated gonorrhea, I think that could have caused you to have it. I would check with a medical professional to be sure.

I've been checking online to see if there has been any further news on this baby's condition and haven't found anything. Has anyone local seen anything on the news?
Thanx!
:blowkiss:

mysteriew said:
I am not positive about this, but I think if you were born to a mother who had untreated gonorrhea, I think that could have caused you to have it. I would check with a medical professional to be sure.
That's what I think too. I don't think this would mean you were sexually abused as a child.

I get cold sores, you know, Herpes blisters on my face. Most people get them on their lips or around their mouth. I get them there, but also on my eyelids and around my nose.

My mother told me I got the first one on my eye when I was a very small baby. I have always wondered if my mother didn't have genital herpes, which infected me at birth.

Pepper said:
That's what I think too. I don't think this would mean you were sexually abused as a child.

I get cold sores, you know, Herpes blisters on my face. Most people get them on their lips or around their mouth. I get them there, but also on my eyelids and around my nose.

My mother told me I got the first one on my eye when I was a very small baby. I have always wondered if my mother didn't have genital herpes, which infected me at birth.

You need to check with a doctor. There may be long term health risks for you that need to be monitored, if that is so.

mysteriew said:
You need to check with a doctor. There may be long term health risks for you that need to be monitored, if that is so.
I get these dang blisters every time I get stressed, if I'm sick, sunburned, too little sleep, etc. I only get them on my face - mouth, nose, & eyes. I've never had the genital kind, or not in the genital region. I just wonder if the reason I first got them so young was due to a genital outbreak from my mother??? To the best of my memory, she never had the facial kind, and I never asked her about the genital kind. :hand:

She's been gone for several years, so it's too late to ask now.

Pepper said:
I get these dang blisters every time I get stressed, if I'm sick, sunburned, too little sleep, etc. I only get them on my face - mouth, nose, & eyes. I've never had the genital kind, or not in the genital region. I just wonder if the reason I first got them so young was due to a genital outbreak from my mother??? To the best of my memory, she never had the facial kind, and I never asked her about the genital kind. :hand:

She's been gone for several years, so it's too late to ask now.
As I understand it, the herpes you get on your face is not sexually transmitted. When my daughter was a baby, she got it on her nose from a cold. The doctor said we were keeping her nose too clean, causing it to get real sore and the nasal discharge infected the open sores, creating the herpes. So I doubt if the blisters you are getting on your face is the same thing as sexually transmitted herpes. But I would have a doctor check it anyway.

This story requires subscription, but I'm getting the highlights for ya'll ... the baby is even kicking her legs now.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3043981

The baby had been in critical condition since being admitted to Texas Children's Hospital on Feb. 2 with "head-to-toe" injuries.

CPS spokeswoman Estella Olguin said that although the child remains on a respirator, she is off dialysis and no longer needs to be sedated. The doctors will continue tests to determine when she can breathe or eat on her own, she said.

"She's over the hump," Olguin said. "They are even talking discharge. Her prognosis is good. She is going to make it, it looks like."

That is SUCH fantastic news Golfmom - thanks so much for updating us. :D

I'd been wondering how that sweet baby is doing....

mysteriew said:
We send kids to school to learn to be many things. Many will use their education occasionally. The only thing we don't send them to school for is parenting. I believe that parenting classes should be given in high school (mandatory) and should include ways to cope with the stress of having babies to care for and daily stresses. (2 babies in 15 months) Most kids will become parents someday. At one time kids learned to parent by caring for younger siblings or other relatives and by watching others parent and care for babies. With smaller family sizes and the loss of extended family closenss they don't get the opportunity to learn those things in the family now.
I am not sure that would have helped these babies though. I wonder if the biological mother and father (I cannot bring myself to call them parents either) were doing drugs? or abused themselves?
My prayers to the babies. The perperators are young themselves, but I think that they have pretty much destroyed their own lives also. I am not a fan of mandatory sterilization, but in this case I think it is called for. Just in case they get out someday.
Well, I homeschool, but I agree with you 110%. Since most children are not getting an adequate education as far as academics, the least we can do is make sure they have life skills when they get out.

This case is horrific. Especially when I think of all the women who are out there, waiting to adopt a baby...any baby. They would love that child, and take care of him, not neglect or abuse him.

My political beliefs prevent me from saying that I think one should have to pass a test to be a parent, but in cases like this, I wonder.

Severely abused baby may soon leave hospital
By The Associated Press

(02/24/05 - HOUSTON) — An infant admitted to the hospital earlier this month suffering severe physical and sexual abuse is expected to be released from the hospital in the next few days and make a full recovery, a Harris County Child Protective Services official says.

"We've never seen those types of injuries in a baby that was alive," said CPS spokeswoman Estella Olguin on Wednesday, adding that social workers at the hospital now call her "a little miracle baby."

...CPS plans to place the baby and her older sister, 16 months, in a home that has been approved for adoption. The older child has been in foster care since Feb. 2.

Channel 13 Houston

Hallelujah \o/

Where there is love, there is always HOPE, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member