TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it curious that there was so much publicity around his extradition and hers was kept so much more quiet. Maybe because of the child. Can a 3 year old be considered a witness?

I found it curious that there was so much publicity around his extradition and hers was kept so much more quiet. Maybe because of the child. Can a 3 year old be considered a witness?
I'm guessing because they had his picture on the signs and such that were distributed. I think that got so much more attention so he got the eyes on him. I imagine maybe with some sort of psycho-therapist or something they could talk to the child and get more information, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it counting for a whole lot.

This was posted by the family when they were looking for the child, which of course has been found, and Wethe post has been removed or is no longer public.
75650535_10162487712625161_7169343132004253696_n.jpg

Well that would certainly make sense then! The siblings last name is Barker - my post above said she was married to a Barker and divorced in 2017. Obviously the little girl had been with them in TX though so how did they only then think she was missing? Doesn't make sense to me.

Here you go:

Two people in custody in connection to Butler double murder case

Action 10 News obtained Williams' arrest affidavit and found he was pulled over prior to reports that the Butler's were missing.
According to the arrest affidavit, Williams was pulled over on Oct.13 by a park ranger one mile south of the Malaquite Beach Pavilion on Padre Island.
Despite reportedly having warrants out of Utah -- the park ranger let Williams go with a warning citation for not wearing a seat belt.
At that time, Williams was driving a gray Chevy Silverado truck with Utah plates.

When I read that they had pulled him over and didn't run his license, I got so sick to my stomach.

I'm guessing because they had his picture on the signs and such that were distributed. I think that got so much more attention so he got the eyes on him. I imagine maybe with some sort of psycho-therapist or something they could talk to the child and get more information, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it counting for a whole lot.
I pray that this precious child was in some way shielded from the events that unfolded around her. How sad.

When I read that they had pulled him over and didn't run his license, I got so sick to my stomach.
It is difficult to fathom as this would probably have made a difference - he might not have been free to confront the Butlers. I wonder if a park ranger is the difference here and if it had been state or local LE things would have been checked further. Not meaning to downplay the role of park rangers...I just don't know if they have the same authority or ability to check past arrests. Plus since he was pulled over by a ranger, I suspect this took place on the beach rather than on a local street/highway. JMO

It is difficult to fathom as this would probably have made a difference - he might not have been free to confront the Butlers. I wonder if a park ranger is the difference here and if it had been state or local LE things would have been checked further. Not meaning to downplay the role of park rangers...I just don't know if they have the same authority or ability to check past arrests. Plus since he was pulled over by a ranger, I suspect this took place on the beach rather than on a local street/highway. JMO

They have LE authority within the jurisdiction of the park, specifically. Also state and national parks have their own LE. I do not know what the boundaries are of the PINS. You are correct, he may have technically been out of his jurisdiction on the beach. Also perhaps if he was driving on the beach and not on a road, might be why there was no citation issued or license run.

which pic? i can only see her face forward from chest up.

Other people said the same thing, but I think when you examine that closer what you are seeing is some kind of lighting anomaly from the overhead lights on the panel of the truck door. It seemed like to me, anyway. She is wearing a bracelet, but it looks like a jewelry cuff to me. Just my entirely unqualified opinion.

Well that would certainly make sense then! The siblings last name is Barker - my post above said she was married to a Barker and divorced in 2017. Obviously the little girl had been with them in TX though so how did they only then think she was missing? Doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe she had the child with her and was not outside or in violation of the custody or visitation arrangement with the baby's daddy.

In her court appearance this morning, she was wearing the band. It is clear in # 5.
Two suspects in New Hampshire couple's deaths face court | Daily Mail Online
A lot of people thought she had a hospital band in the border crossing pic but it was unclear.

Oh maybe she got that when she was deported. I could be mistaken, but it was my understanding that Mexico didn't really extradite her, but deported her. It was my understanding the warrant for her was issued later. Again I could be understanding that incorrectly. But maybe the process and ID is different for deportation than extradition. Under arrest they are not going to let her wear jewelry. Maybe it is a prison ID band for the women.

Plate number from William's Chevy with Utah plates from warrant information comes up a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 4x4 3 door. That's where the confusion is with truck. No clue where this Tacoma comes in at identity mistake, someone helping or ? We may not ever know.

Last edited:
i am thinking it is execution style GSW and the reason LE is keeping it quiet is ballistic match. I remember reading earlier on they did not suffer.
Thought this...then I think back to marks on ACW bruising on wrist in wanted flyer and swelling marks on face... both maybe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members