GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO A question I find myself having a lot during many of these cases: did they really think they could get away with it?

In this case there was so much digital evidence, not to mention using one's rather unique vehicle and doing this in broad daylight.

It's a good thing criminals seem to be extremely arrogant about their own limited capabilities. Sometimes I just wonder if people don't care if they are caught. But I'm just glad they are.

MOO

MOO A question I find myself having a lot during many of these cases: did they really think they could get away with it?

In this case there was so much digital evidence, not to mention using one's rather unique vehicle and doing this in broad daylight.

It's a good thing criminals seem to be extremely arrogant about their own limited capabilities. Sometimes I just wonder if people don't care if they are caught. But I'm just glad they are.

MOO
I think it totally is arrogance! And narcissism. It’s almost like she thought he’d be better off DEAD than have to deal with not being married to her? Yeah right. I’m sure there’s also greed involved. Life insurance, marital assets etc.

Wife of American Airlines executive killed near their Dallas home arrested for obstruction | Daily Mail Online

"The wife of an American Airlines executive has been arrested after her husband was shot by her high school sweetheart in Texas last year.

Authorities in Dallas announced her arrest on Wednesday in connection with the murder, according to local reports, after finding the wife had exchanged 14,000 text messages with the alleged killer.

Jennifer Faith, 48, was arrested on a federal charge of obstruction of justice, becoming the second person arrested in connection to the murder after her boyfriend Darrin Ruben Lopez was arrested a month prior."

Jennifer Faith Arrested For Obstruction Of Justice In Husband James Faith's Murder Month After Arrest Of Her Ex-Boyfriend Darrin Lopez

Feb 24, 2021

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas homicide detectives along with ATF, arrested Jennifer Faith, 48, on Wednesday, Feb. 24, on a federal charge for obstruction of justice, related to the murder investigation of her husband James Faith Jr.

She was booked into the Lew Sterrett Jail where she will be held until she is moved to a federal facility.

ETA:

I think this is a huge break in the case, and I think it tells us that the DA needs more time to complete the State's investigation and determine whether or not to criminally charge JF for murder, conspiracy, or obstruction, in the case of her murdered husband.

It's been clear from the beginning that JF deleted messages from the defendant after her husband was murdered.

Dallas | Northern District of Texas | United States District Court

Does anyone know why the charge is Federal?

Jennifer Faith charged with obstructing justice in Oak Cliff murder of her husband

2/25/2021

Jennifer Faith, whose husband James Faith was shot and killed on an Oak Cliff sidewalk in Dallas on October 9, 2020, has been charged with obstruction of justice.

Faith, 48, was arrested at her residence in Oak Cliff on February 24 and charged with one count of destruction of an object with the intent to obstruct a federal investigation. The complaint was unsealed on February 25, and Faith will appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Renee Toliver on February 26.

According to Acting U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Prerak Shah, Faith was communicating with the alleged killer, her ex-boyfriend Darrin Lopez, throughout and following her husband's death. Lopez has already been arrested.

"Even as she publicly claimed she was 'desperate for answers' regarding her husband's murder, Jennifer Faith was communicating with the alleged killer, actively urging him to destroy evidence and attempting to delete incriminating communications from her phone," Shah said in a release. "Thanks to the dedication of our agents and officers, Ms. Faith could not keep law enforcement from identifying her husband’s killer. Even so, we cannot allow her obstruction of justice to stand. We are determined to hold her accountable for her crime."

James Faith was an Information Technology Director for American Airlines. After his murder, Jennifer made a plea to help find his killer. She was also the recipient of a https://www.********.com/f/support-for-jennifer-faith that accumulated nearly $60,000 in donations; is offering refunds to anyone who donated.

ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Dallas Field Division Jeffrey C. Boshek II said that the investigative team was not fooled.

Does anyone know why the charge is Federal?
The boyfriend (Darrin Lopez) and alleged murderer was also charged in Federal Court earlier (federal firearms charge). She's therefore facing one count of destruction of an object with the intent to obstruct a federal investigation.

I don't think the state of Texas is finished with JF yet but are happy to have the Feds take care of her while they get their evidence together.

Lopez also faces State murder charges in Dallas County.

MOO

ETA:
According to the criminal complaint, Darrin Ruben Lopez was charged Friday with transporting a firearm in interstate commerce with the intent to commit a felony offense.

Last edited:
Jennifer Faith charged with obstructing justice in Oak Cliff murder of her husband

Feb 25, 2021

[..]

In an interview with law enforcement in January, Jennifer Faith allegedly admitted that she communicated daily with Lopez via cell phone, but denied they were having an intimate relationship. Phone records show she texted him 14,000 times.

But an analysis of Lopez's cell phone revealed that they were involved. She updated Lopez on her efforts to collect on her husband's life insurance policy and also to coach Lopez on how to respond to police questioning.

She also told him to remove a distinctive "T" decal off of his truck that witnesses described.

[..]

On January 10, the day before she was supposed to be interviewed by the police, she texted him not to text her because she planned to wipe down the contents on her cell phone.

"If asked about you, you are an old friend going through a divorce," she texted him. "We talk every night because I am helping/giving support with the girls since you have sole custody. If it ever comes to it, I'll answer the same way. Just so you and I have the same explanations. Just thinking in case they [law enforcement] pulled phone records and asked."

[..]

Mr. Lopez has been charged by the state with murder and by the feds with transporting a firearm in interstate commerce. He faces up to 10 years in federal prison on the federal firearm count and up to life in a state penitentiary on the murder charge brought by Dallas County.

If convicted, Faith faces up to 20 years in federal prison on the obstruction count.

MOD NOTE:

Since Websleuths software will block out a fundraising site by using *****, please do not use that name as it adds confusion to the discussion. You may post links to MSM articles that mention it, and discuss it by NOT typing the name that will be blocked. You may also discuss it in PMs. Just try not to type the actual name of the crowd-sourcing site as it will be blocked.

THANKS for you efforts to post respectfully and responsibly on Websleuths.

CocoChanel

I think it totally is arrogance! And narcissism. It’s almost like she thought he’d be better off DEAD than have to deal with not being married to her? Yeah right. I’m sure there’s also greed involved. Life insurance, marital assets etc.
I agree, they wanted his money. So they could go back to when they were young, but this time be rich. Whether arrogance or narcissism, those are pretty flashy attributes, IMO all it takes is a very bored housewife, and a lazy, stupid, immature guy who's probably made a mess of everything he's ever attempted in life.

Feb 25, 2021

[..]

In an interview with law enforcement in January, Jennifer Faith allegedly admitted that she communicated daily with Lopez via cell phone, but denied they were having an intimate relationship. Phone records show she texted him 14,000 times.

But an analysis of Lopez's cell phone revealed that they were involved. She updated Lopez on her efforts to collect on her husband's life insurance policy and also to coach Lopez on how to respond to police questioning.

She also told him to remove a distinctive "T" decal off of his truck that witnesses described.

[..]

On January 10, the day before she was supposed to be interviewed by the police, she texted him not to text her because she planned to wipe down the contents on her cell phone.

"If asked about you, you are an old friend going through a divorce," she texted him. "We talk every night because I am helping/giving support with the girls since you have sole custody. If it ever comes to it, I'll answer the same way. Just so you and I have the same explanations. Just thinking in case they [law enforcement] pulled phone records and asked."

[..]

Mr. Lopez has been charged by the state with murder and by the feds with transporting a firearm in interstate commerce. He faces up to 10 years in federal prison on the federal firearm count and up to life in a state penitentiary on the murder charge brought by Dallas County.

If convicted, Faith faces up to 20 years in federal prison on the obstruction count.

Was the "Big T" decal a Tennessee Titans decal (Nashville NFL football team)?

Dallas woman who pleaded for leads in husband’s murder now charged, along with ex-boyfriend

Feb 26, 2021

WG7QE3QA7NEI5IKPO2H5SCJATE.jpg

Jennifer Faith, 48, of Dallas, is charged with obstruction of justice in the Oct. 9, 2020, death of her 49-year-old husband, James Faith Jr. Her ex-boyfriend, Darrin Lopez, 48, of Cumberland Furnace, Tenn., is charged with murder and federal gun charges. (Dallas County Jail)

The criminal complaint, filed against Jennifer Faith on Monday in federal court, accuses her of deleting incriminating data from her cellphone.

[..]

Her co-defendant, Darrin Ruben Lopez, 48, of Cumberland Furnace, Tennessee, is charged with murder in Texas state court. In federal court, he is charged with transporting a firearm in interstate commerce with the intent to commit a felony offense.

Lopez is accused of crossing state lines with a .45-caliber handgun in order to kill James Faith, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Texas.

[..]

The charge against Jennifer Faith was announced Thursday.

“Even as she publicly claimed she was ‘desperate for answers’ regarding her husband’s murder, Jennifer Faith was communicating with the alleged killer, actively urging him to destroy evidence and attempting to delete incriminating communications from her phone,” Shah said in a news release.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back