GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the AWA, 15 years.

I just re-read the AWA, and to be clear, it states: "This offense occurred the morning after the complainant and witness Faith celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary."

So the husband was shot 9 times by his wife's high school boyfriend the morning following their wedding anniversary...:eek:

I suspect it wasn't so much to rob jewelry as it was to remove her wedding ring.
That's my thought as the gunman had now eliminated the husband. Next step would be to remove the wedding ring to make her "available" to him.

I suspect it wasn't so much to rob jewelry as it was to remove her wedding ring.
That's my thought as the gunman had now eliminated the husband. Next step would be to remove the wedding ring to make her "available" to him.
I would think this was a “Fatal Attraction “ type of thing if it weren’t for ALL THOSE MESSAGES.

I figured we would see a court appearance by now. Maybe get some more facts on the case.
The defendant remains locked up in Dickson County TN per VINELink.

I've also seen no reports that TX has filed to extradite the suspect or that they've gone to visit him in TN.

I think TX LE has their hands full right now, and the suspect is safe where he's at for the time being.

MOO

VINELink
Ex-Boyfriend Of James Faith's Wife Arrested For Shooting And Killing Faith During Walk In Dallas Year

darrin-lopez.jpg

Accused killer exchanged thousands of texts with wife of victim James Faith - Oak Cliff

Jan 13, 2021

The man accused of gunning down James Faith near his South Waverly home in October knew Faith’s wife and was in a months-long “emotional affair” with her, investigators say.

Darrin Lopez, 48, was arrested in Tennessee in the death of Faith, who was shot at 7:35 a.m. while he and his wife, Jennifer, were walking their dogs on the morning following their 15th wedding anniversary.

[..]

Police say her phone contained messages to a friend that described her relationship with Lopez, who police believe was her boyfriend in high school and college, as a “full-blown emotional affair,” and that Lopez had a “five-year plan” for how they would be together.

Jennifer Faith has not been charged with any crime, and sworn statements from the Dallas Police and FBI do not suggest she is suspected of a crime. She told reporters last month that she was “desperate for an arrest” in the case.

Lopez’s phone showed that he and Jennifer Faith continued texting “all day, every day” following the shooting, until Oct. 30., the Dallas Morning News reports, citing an FBI affidavit.

The two exchanged about 500 messages a day, and investigators say all of those messages were deleted from Jennifer Faith’s phone.

[..]

Federal authorities arrested Lopez in Tennessee, where he is in jail awaiting extradition to Texas.

Dickson County man facing charges in Texas murder case | WKRN News 2

Jan 13, 2021

On Monday, Dickson County Sheriff Tim Eads said he got a call from Texas investigators about why there were in his jurisdiction.

“Dallas PD, along with a couple other state and federal agencies, notified us that they were conducting an investigation in Dickson County. That they were here to pick up an individual that they had a murder warrant on,” Eads said.

According to Eads, those investigators took Lopez into custody at a traffic stop on Center Avenue without incident.

An affidavit states after searching her phone, investigators found 14,363 calls and text messages exchanged between Jennifer Faith and Lopez from September to October, 2020. Which is both before and after the attack.

Via text, Jennifer said her relationship with Lopez was a “full blown emotional affair” and that Lopez had a “five-year plan of how they would be together.”

Lopez is being held in the Dickson County jail on a fugitive from justice warrant. He declined doing a jailhouse interview with News 2 on Wednesday.

Sheriff Eads says Lopez will have an extradition hearing in Dickson County in the next ten days.

Video news with Dickson County Sheriff at the link.

I would think texts exchanged in the aftermath of the murder would help LE determine the wife's possible complicity. Even if there was nothing directly incriminating, I would expect some type of change in the conversation if she knew. JMO

Man accused of fatally shooting American Airlines IT director in Oak Cliff now faces federal gun charges, officials say | wfaa.com

Jan 22, 2021

The 48-year-old Tennessee man charged with the October 2020 shooting death of his ex-girlfriend’s husband now faces federal firearm crimes, says acting U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Prerak Shah.

According to the criminal complaint, Darrin Ruben Lopez was charged Friday with transporting a firearm in interstate commerce with the intent to commit a felony offense.

Lopez is currently in custody of the Dixon County Sheriff’s Office in Tennessee on a Dallas County murder warrant.

[..]

He will make his first court appearance once he’s extradited back to Dallas. If convicted of the firearm offense, Lopez faces up to 10 years in federal prison. He also faces up to life on the Dallas County murder charge, officials said.

I'm just trying to pull everything together in 2 posts.

The Arrest Warrant Affidavit states that their investigation revealed that:

Jennifer and Jamie left their home on 9 October home to walk the dog.
The murder took place at approx. 7:35am. At the same time, LE responded to a call re the shooting.
After the shooting, he placed duct tape around her hands, began striking her with the palm of his hands and tried, unsuccessfully, to remove jewellery from her hands.
She was unable to identify him because he was wearing a hoodie/sweatshirt and a blue facemask.
Multiple witnesses saw the suspect enter a black Nissan truck and flee immediately after the shooting. One witness sent detectives a photo of the vehicle.

An analysis of her cell phone showed that she “was having marital problems”.
LE learned that she had been in contact with Lopez and they located text messages in which she described her relationship with him as “a full blown emotional affair” and that he had “a five year plan of how they would be together”.

An analysis of Lopez’s cell phone revealed he and Jennifer had approximately 14,363 incidents of phone contacts (calls and text messages) between September 30, 2020 and October 30, 2020”.

Aerial surveillance of his Tennessee residence showed a vehicle matching that seen by the witnesses.
Other electronic evidence confirmed his involvement in the murder, that he travelled from Tennessee on October 8 and arrived in Dallas on October 9, placed him near the murder scene prior to the murder and that he had turned his phone off before it occurred and turned it back on as he drove back home.

It’s believed he is Jennifer’s ex-boyfriend from high school and college.

This para. is MOO. This was a targeted, intentional, premeditated hit committed in broad daylight. As Jennifer was with Jamie, Lopez took care not to harm her. Since when does a coldblooded killer use his palm to slap someone.
I believe he was attempting to stage the scene, hence the duct tape, to make it look like a robbery gone wrong.

The Faiths had a motion-activated security camera in their backyard. 5 hours before the shooting, it recorded images of a man in the yard of a vacant house next door (see my next post). Obviously he had time to break into their home, but perhaps he wanted to do it outdoors to ensure a very quick getaway and was prepared to take his chances with witnesses.

It’s more than a little surprising to learn that Jennifer and Lopez were in contact with one another 9 days before the murder and 3 weeks afterwards.

Jennifer told a friend about the “full-blown emotional affair”. Jamie knew about the other man and was distraught. Jennifer indicated to that friend that she’d broken it off, saying that her husband was “hurt” and she “just couldn’t do it to him”.

Even though she told her friend months earlier that the affair had ended, she and Lopez exchanged 419 messages on October 6 and 640 on 7 October. The messages stopped at 1:07pm on Oct 8 and resumed at 5:18pm on Oct 9, the day Jamie was killed. Lopez’s phone was turned off for much of that time. In the weeks following the killing they texted each other more than 500 times a day – “all day every day”. Most of those messages weren’t on Jennifer’s phone, leading authorities to believe they had been intentionally deleted.

He was caught on video surveillance on Oct. 8 at a gas station in Tennessee where he made 2 purchases, followed 3 hours later at a truck stop in Arkansas where he bought gas and withdrew money from an ATM. Security cameras captured images of him and his truck, which had a “T” sticker on the windshield. He didn’t use his debit card again until late on Oct. 9 when he bought more gas near his home.

The Faiths had a motion-activated security camera in their backyard. 5 hours before the shooting, it recorded images of a man in the yard of a vacant house next door. He matched Lopez’s description and was wearing clothes and a blue mask that appeared similar to those in images of him at the Arkansas truck stop. GPS data from his phone placed him in the area at that time.

His Google account provided evidence that on Oct. 8 he searched for directions from his home to the Faiths’ house. Once back home, he searched for stories in the news about Jamie’s death.

On Jan. 7 a federal judge in Tennessee signed a search warrant for Lopez’s property. Federal authorities said they were looking for items including a .45-caliber handgun, records or receipts from purchases on Oct. 8 and 9, cell phones, correspondence with Jennifer, a blue mask and duct tape. They recovered the handgun used in the killing. It was a federal offence as the gun had been taken across state lines.

Agents also found a can of Red Bull and two DVDs they believe he bought at the Arkansas truck stop and “a flat-screen Samsung TV that had been shipped in a box addressed from Jennifer Faith to Lopez”.

Feds allege ‘emotional affair’ may have led Tennessee man to drive to Dallas to commit murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back